24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded!
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #4,846 of 7,175
Which government is that? Is there a link to the test protocol? Do you have your results you can post?

The tests here last 15 to 20 minutes. I doubt very much anyone would want to sit through a 4 hour test without any indication of disease.

Fatigue is a big problem when tests lasts more than 20 to 30 minutes. So I question whether there are valid results in anything that would last 4 hours.

As to doctors being crappy, that is not the case. Their focus is in people hearing and understanding others. 20 kHz is not needed for that.
That would be the Us government. I would have to request those results as we do not get copies. They are kept in our medical records and they are government property. Part of the reason they are so indepth is for compensation and pension claims for service connection disabilities later on.

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #4,847 of 7,175
That would be the Us government. I would have to request those results as we do not get copies. They are kept in our medical records and they are government property. Part of the reason they are so indepth is for compensation and pension claims for service connection disabilities later on.

"That would be the Us government. I would
have to request those results as we do not
get copies.
"

"We do not get copies" - of your own hearing test results?

What is this, the United States of America or communist-era Russia?!

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #4,848 of 7,175
"That would be the Us government. I would
have to request those results as we do not
get copies.
"

"We do not get copies" - of your own hearing test results?

What is this, the United States of America or communist-era Russia?!
No we do not get copies of our tests as they go in our records. They go over the tests, but the records do not belong to us. We can submit official requests for copies. If our records are restricted due to security clearances and service locations that makes things more complicated.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #4,849 of 7,175
No we do not get copies of our tests as they go in our records. They go over the tests, but the records do not belong to us. We can submit official requests for copies. If our records are restricted due to security clearances and service locations that makes things more complicated.

That's RIDICULOUS. This is a hearing test, albeit a more thorough one than we civvies get, not classified intel or top-secret weapons design here!

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #4,850 of 7,175
That's RIDICULOUS. This is a hearing test, albeit a more thorough one than we civvies get, not classified intel or top-secret weapons design here!
I get you. Like i said i can submit a request to get copies and see. It has been about a year or two since my last one. I need to check when it was.

May 1, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #4,853 of 7,175
May 1, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #4,856 of 7,175
I was when i was serving in SF Now i am just an instructor and a chef.
I imagine it's only the billionth time someone makes that joke, but you've baited us hard with this "I'm just a cook" post. ^_^

May 1, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #4,857 of 7,175
I imagine it's only the billionth time someone makes that joke, but you've baited us hard with this "I'm just a cook" post. ^_^
My x made it all the time. No worries.

May 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #4,858 of 7,175
May 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4,860 of 7,175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back