24~26 inch LCD monitor?
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #31 of 35
All LCD screens are flawed

TN do suck for color, but some of them demolish everything else in response time.. as an avid gamer I had to prioritize that because input lag drives me crazy.

Aside from the color and viewing angles I've been very satisfied with this 28" Hannspree, and it has dropped about a hundred bucks since I bought it two months ago, ugh.

Hannspree - 27.5" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - HF-289HJB

If you are interested in comparing input lag between monitors here is a good site: http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.p...&p2=3936&ph=12

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #32 of 35
I'd say the Lenovo 22" L220x as well. It does 1920x1200 which is stunning for that size monitor. I can't stand large LCDs where all you see is oversized pixels. :p It's one of the reasons I'm still using a Philips 109B5 CRT at home. Note, however, that there are 2 L220x on the market with different prices. No-one will be able to tell you the difference, not even Lenovo. Rumour has it that a LCD panel factory fire resulted in a panel supplier change, hence the 2 different models. One is a S-MVA and the other S-PVA. I understand the older model is better, but can't figure out which one is which.

Ofcourse, as is always the case with my choice of stuff, these panels are not available in my country.
frown.gif
So I'm trying to save up for a Dell 30" instead. Suppose it is better as I've never been able to get to used to 2 monitors... that gap between monitors irrirates me.

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just curious...how might I go about finding out what panel type my Bravia XBR5 is? I would assume LCD TVs would use the same panel types as computer monitors.

It is probably a Samsung S-IPS panel, I think for a high-end display Sony won't mess about with cheap components.

Does anyone know of a 'clone' of the new 24" Apple display? 24" S-IPS with LED and maybe a matte screen? I have this 4 year old 17" Sharp LCD that has lasted long enough that the backlight is dying, so I think LED is the way to go if you are getting an expensive panel, much longer lasting. On initial searches, it seems Apple's is a bargain at $899!

edit: The apple one is S-PVA, not IPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back