(23 year-old) Looking for Noise-Canceling Headphones with $350 Budget.
Oct 27, 2010 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kiwibuddy

Head-Fier

I am looking for a pair of noise-cancelling headphones that will best suit my traveling (12 hour flights) and in-home needs (plugged into my laptop). I am specifically looking for a pair of noise-cancelling headphones under four criteria:

1. Comfort

2. Sound quality (not a bass junkie, but i prefer a pair that can hit both high and low frequencies in a crisp, refined manner)

3. Portability (one that is not amped preferably)

4. Price (anything under $350 because I still need money to go out, get drunk, and get laid)

With those out of the way, I listen to a broad range of music. Here is a list of sample bands I listen to:

Indie:           the xx, Phantogram, Radiohead, among others.

Electronic:   Kaskade, Deadmau5, Kitsune Compliations, Tiesto, Freetempo, among others.

I've recently been looking at the Denon AH-NC800s and the Shure SE535's (I understand these run around 500 a pair, but I'm willing to buy them if they can last me 3+years), but that is because I'm only familiar with these two brands. That means your recommendations with pros and cons of each product you suggest would help me immensely. Again, thank you once again for your help.

- k 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back