22nd August UNSW (Sydney, Australia) Meet!
Sep 8, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #106 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My CD3000 arrived...happy fun face
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #109 of 125
LOL you're screwed =]

You know that the hd800 is going to force your hand in getting another dac as well right?
hehehe

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #110 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Wink that’s very generous indeed, enjoy Jason, please follow up with impressions!

His generosity never fails to astound me. The cable review of the Vortex wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't loaned me his Equinox and Cardas for weeks either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL you're screwed =]

You know that the hd800 is going to force your hand in getting another dac as well right?
hehehe

Well I was sort of hoping that would be the case, since that might remove the temptation. But alas, they're sounding very good at the moment ><

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #111 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess who gets to demo the HD800 for a week at home?
biggrin.gif
Thanks again Wink.

...hmm, could potentially be a bad thing for my wallet though
frown.gif

You're doomed
devil_face.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #112 of 125
hey guys, i know i said ill post the high res pics, but i just got smacked in the face by uni work
frown.gif
ill have high res versions of the pics available by monday and ill upload to rapidshare or megaupload as that is probably the easiest? the pics will probably be around 100MB.

im up for suggestions until then
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #113 of 125
Quote:

His generosity never fails to astound me. The cable review of the Vortex wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't loaned me his Equinox and Cardas for weeks either.

yes, truly generous indeed or is that poisonous
confused.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

Well I was sort of hoping that would be the case, since that might remove the temptation. But alas, they're sounding very good at the moment ><

lol as if, you've already given a new dac some thought and this will just force your hand
wink.gif

sounds like the 'dark side' is calling you back, except its not so dark there anymore

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #114 of 125
Sep 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #115 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys, here is the link for the photos!

Awesome photos! Thank you sooo much
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #116 of 125
Hi do any of you guys have any spare medium shure olives aka
Shure Black Foam Sleeves

that I can purchase?
Thanks.

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #118 of 125
hi 2162,

I've got a few spare sets of the medium shure black foamies which i'd be cool to part with.

I've only really got 2 spare sets so if your interested give me a PM. I'm in sydney too.

Oh and also to spare the double post

Would anyone be interested in having a listen to a new mosfet amp that my dad has been developing and giving me their impressions on it? I'd really like to be able to compare it to a few other amps and have a listen to a few other phones on it. I've also compared it to a lehmann BCL and i think that it betters it in every department but i might be a bit biased.

Atm theres a little bit of noise coming from the amp due to the lack of space in the enclosure. We'll be getting around to recasing the thing soon by removing the power supply to another case.

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #119 of 125
Quote:

Incidentally, the HD800's have just departed back to Wink's place. And I can safely say I'm not tempted to buy a pair. I actually like my HF-2 better
biggrin.gif

Divulge please!
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #120 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Divulge please!
confused.gif

Now that I've finally found the perfect set of tubes for the Woo, and my HF-2 are burnt in, I think I'm finally at "end of the road", if such a thing exists. Comfort still isn't great with the Grados, but the sound is phenomenal. Tone is beautiful, music has life, and is capable of both extreme dynamics and extreme delicacy.

The speed of the HF-2/Woo combo is much greater than I expected, and I suspect the Pico is actually slightly bottlenecking that, but I don't particularly care. The intimacy of the Grados doesn't seem to hamper them in imaging accurately or portraying resonance, and grants them a very engaging signature. The HD800's, while capable of much bigger soundstage, lacked the immediately gripping quality of the HF-2. HD800 didn't seem to lack anything across the spectrum, but the whole presentation was more of enveloping music, rather than gripping music. To use an analogy, the HD800 is a dancer on the stage that entrances you with her form, grace and poise, wheras the HF-2 reaches down and pulls you up onto the stage and makes you dance with her
biggrin.gif

I have to get the HF-2 either either an extension cord or a recable though, as the stock cord is too short for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back