[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #7,396 of 7,442
Just curious, do you set the volume of your tablet to maximum for the Odyssey HD and then control from the RA plus?

I wonder if that is the same if I use the Cyberdrive DAC that VE sent with one of my previous purchase. Wonder if that will be a true "line-out".
it is not true lineout ~ but for RA-plus , it wont hurt to use not true line out that much (with every other single amp from us....one direct current, the amp is back with us for repair...RA 1.0 series is a LOT more forgiving hahah ~

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #7,397 of 7,442
it is not true lineout ~ but for RA-plus , it wont hurt to use not true line out that much (with every other single amp from us....one direct current, the amp is back with us for repair...RA 1.0 series is a LOT more forgiving hahah ~

Thanks for your confirmation Lee! I'll have quite a few options to play around with when my RAP arrives...

I'm even thinking of connecting direct to my laptop. BTW can the RAP be connected directly to mains if I want to use it as a desktop solution?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #7,398 of 7,442
Thanks for your confirmation Lee! I'll have quite a few options to play around with when my RAP arrives...

I'm even thinking of connecting direct to my laptop. BTW can the RAP be connected directly to mains if I want to use it as a desktop solution?
you can, but it wont sound the best, wait for ours.....coming soon~

btw, still waiting for your impression on monk go vs monk plus haha

Cheers

Lee

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #7,399 of 7,442
you can, but it wont sound the best, wait for ours.....coming soon~

btw, still waiting for your impression on monk go vs monk plus haha

Cheers

Lee

I feel that those coming from IEMs might prefer the Go more, but I still prefer the warm and fuller sound of the Plus (more headphone-like?). Something like a "digital vs analog" kind of comparison to me.

Seems like more brands of earbuds are tuning towards the "IEM" or "clear and analytical (detailed?)" direction as compared to the "lush, warm and thicker" sound of the older tuning dating a few years back.

These are just my personal observation and preference though... :smile_phones:

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #7,400 of 7,442
I feel that those coming from IEMs might prefer the Go more, but I still prefer the warm and fuller sound of the Plus (more headphone-like?). Something like a "digital vs analog" kind of comparison to me.

Seems like more brands of earbuds are tuning towards the "IEM" or "clear and analytical (detailed?)" direction as compared to the "lush, warm and thicker" sound of the older tuning dating a few years back.

These are just my personal observation and preference though... :smile_phones:
yeah, but hard to say who prefer what these days.
and for that very reason Go is created. I will 100% be looking forward for more feedbacks

Cheers

Lee

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #7,402 of 7,442
To be fair, I will need to spend more time with the Go. They are both different enough in presentation for me to switch up and enjoy every now and then.
that is the core reason why we did the Go, to keep our fans busy, so they stay home more.

Cheers

Lee

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #7,403 of 7,442
Just curious, do you set the volume of your tablet to maximum for the Odyssey HD and then control from the RA plus?

I wonder if that is the same if I use the Cyberdrive DAC that VE sent with one of my previous purchase. Wonder if that will be a true "line-out".

One step under maximum just to be on the side of caution.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #7,405 of 7,442
Remind me which version the candy monk was based on?
your candy should be the monk plus based version. if the color is smoke / clear

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #7,407 of 7,442

VE is on a roll I must say...

thanks man, i am sure you are from our facebook group rite?
care to tell me who you are ..... kind of making me wanna know haha

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #7,409 of 7,442
@zhibli06 like in the video... PK shell is better, prices are getting stupid, they are not working on fit solutions esp. for heavier metal buds, etc. If everyone doing buds had as much sense the earbuds segment would be in a much better place. Oh, and tuning based more on using in the real world instead of a quiet room lol. More common sense and creative thought is what we need. Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #7,410 of 7,442
@zhibli06 like in the video... PK shell is better, prices are getting stupid, they are not working on fit solutions esp. for heavier metal buds, etc. If everyone doing buds had as much sense the earbuds segment would be in a much better place. Oh, and tuning based more on using in the real world instead of a quite room lol. More common sense and creative thought is what we need. Cheers!
thx for the support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back