[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 16, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #7,291 of 7,442
I have most of the VE line with the exception of the asura and dukes
so far the zen, zen lite and the monk lite are my favorites
I bought a dozen or so of the monk pluses and give them away to friends and acquaintances who listen to music on t heir phones to show them what's possible in that form factor
Unfortunately these days, most people have those dang iphones or phones with no headphone jack
I usually slip in those over ear silicon hooks I got from Ali in a giant bag as an option in case they fall out since they are buds
The new monk plus resealable packaging is a big help

naked zens/zen lites connected to the runabout or littlebear is my favorite portable rig for the office or home
lately I've been hauling 20 IEMs in a tool bag to work everyday so I can compare them against each other and decide what I want to keep
the new ZOEs or Zen Omega's will give me allot of flexibility at Mr Lee starts coming up with new an better unbalances and balanced cable setup

I do need a better source, as I'm using a plenueD, iPod 5th Gen and Fiio X3 gen2 for now
While I am waiting on the the Kickstarter HiBy 3 and Mass Drop Hidiz AP60pro to be made I ordered the Bengie T10 from Penon
On AliX I tried to get a Xuein iHiFi780 but it was out of production and the new Shanling M0 which was cancelled because they now have a US distributor

the monkpluses with my LG V30 are my go to option while waiting for meetings or doctor/dentist appointments as I just keep them in a small velvet bag and slide it in my pants pocket and I have no worries decent sounds anywhere and I can still hear when my name is called
I don't have the whole be lineup but am a huge fan of the zen lite and monk lite 120ohm, they really sing even out of my phone (granted, my phone is LG g6 with quad dac) and sound best out of my recently acquired ibasso pb3 bal

May 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #7,293 of 7,442
I don't have the whole be lineup but am a huge fan of the zen lite and monk lite 120ohm, they really sing even out of my phone (granted, my phone is LG g6 with quad dac) and sound best out of my recently acquired ibasso pb3 bal

I'm pretty much the same. I don't have the whole lineup but have a hard time deciding whether to use my Monk Lite SPC 120 ohm or my Zen Lite. Out of just my Opus #1 at work or add in my Runabout Plus or Project Sunrise at home.

Next I need to try the Asura or maybe the full Zen 2.0 or ZOE.

May 25, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #7,294 of 7,442
I'm pretty much the same. I don't have the whole lineup but have a hard time deciding whether to use my Monk Lite SPC 120 ohm or my Zen Lite. Out of just my Opus #1 at work or add in my Runabout Plus or Project Sunrise at home.

Next I need to try the Asura or maybe the full Zen 2.0 or ZOE.
Definitely Zoe, has future proofing built in xD

May 25, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #7,295 of 7,442
just got the new VE tips from Mr Lee with my new cable order
the large really made a difference on my biggie versus the comply tips I had on them
really good noise isolation

Jul 1, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #7,299 of 7,442
go with zen omega. or monk 120ohm

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #7,302 of 7,442
is the asura worth it?
I have almost everything except the asura and the duke
I like the zens in balanced mode

they say the asura are good for female vocals or vocals and jazz which I mostly listen to
been thinking about the Asura Omegas but don;t know if I need them having the Zen, Zen Lite(came with my RA) and Zen Omegas

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #7,303 of 7,442
The lite versions are physically smaller in size so the fit would be different. So if you have any fitment issues with the plus you can try the lite. Personally I find wearing earbuds perpendicular to my ears works much better and sounds better so the size isn't as important to me. In fact I never found any bud I could stand for more than a few minutes until someone suggested the odd but very useful way to wear them.

Here's a discussion of what I'm trying to describe and a post with a picture. The prior posts also talk about wearing them this odd way.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-468#post-14046223
Incredible tip! I put the monks facing forward in my ear like in the picture. It fixed the awful mid spike around 2.5k Hz and added bass I didn’t know was there! It causes the treble to be just slightly recessed, but nothing a little EQ can’t fix. Awesome sound!

Not to mention, I can handle them being in my ears for longer than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #7,304 of 7,442
I'm surprised how often I find myself using these buds! I love the fact that I can still hear what's going on around me. The only other headphones I have that let in that level of ambient sound are my trekz bone-conduction headphones - but they sound like garbage.

Just wondering - is there any sort of upgrade available out there that keeps the same basic form factor?

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #7,305 of 7,442
I'm surprised how often I find myself using these buds! I love the fact that I can still hear what's going on around me. The only other headphones I have that let in that level of ambient sound are my trekz bone-conduction headphones - but they sound like garbage.

Just wondering - is there any sort of upgrade available out there that keeps the same basic form factor?
There's a whole thread. Welcome to budfi, sorry bout your wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back