[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #6,395 of 7,442
Yup 
atsmile.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #6,396 of 7,442
A $900 DAP with a $10 earbud (that's what the candies cost, right)? Sure Monk+ punches way above it's price level and I dearly love my Monk+, but an expensive DAP calls for high end earbuds such as Zen 2 black or Cypherus CAX black...

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #6,397 of 7,442
A $900 DAP with a $10 earbud (that's what the candies cost, right)? Sure Monk+ punches way above it's price level and I dearly love my Monk+, but an expensive DAP calls for high end earbuds such as Zen 2 black or Cypherus CAX black...

It doesn't have a powerful amp. It is made for sensitive IEMs (0.15Ω and 40mW at @32Ω in high gain).

I don't know what it is so expensive though. It's a good DAP with quality components but the specs are not that good.
An AK100 is cheaper than this one.

Anyhow, this hobby is about discovery new stuff and enjoy our music as much as our new toys.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #6,398 of 7,442
It doesn't have a powerful amp. It is made for sensitive IEMs (0.15Ω and 40mW at @32Ω in high gain).

I don't know what it is so expensive though. It's a good DAP with quality components but the specs are not that good.

Anyhow, this hobby is about discovery new stuff and enjoy our music as much as our new toys.

Yeah, that is true. When it comes to DAPs vintage stuff (old iRivers etc) is all I care about and they can sound amazingly good. Zen 2 black might need amplification but CAX black is only 32ohm I think and easy to drive with just about any source...

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #6,399 of 7,442
That is true. And with that said I highly look forward to using my Monk Pluses and Asura 2.0 on the Walnut V2 I have in the mail.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #6,400 of 7,442

try it to believe it.
it is not about the specs, qp1r is just behind the ak380 and paw gold.
maybe @moedawg140 can help you in your purchasing decision.

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #6,401 of 7,442

I once chatted with a guy who's endgame was Chord Hugo and I believe it was Senn PX100

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #6,403 of 7,442
Isn't Koss Portapro recommended by the maker of the Tera player? I'd rather go with a rockboxed Sansa Clip+ with Audeze LCD-4...

That's pretty mystic
rolleyes.gif
. Not saying it can't be true, but come on, 30€ phones for 3000€ DAP (I admit, stupidest thing ever is to judge phones by price, but difference is so big that it's almost amusing). I know Portas do have pretty high hidden potential, that can be achieved by modding, but how far good source can push them... Still, portable headphones for portable DAP, makes sense.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #6,404 of 7,442

You think its not powerful ? You should go to qp1r thread. I tried a lot of daps, only this one made me happy.
Btw you guys think i only have monk to use with my dap ? Lolz

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #6,405 of 7,442
  You think its not powerful ? You should go to qp1r thread. I tried a lot of daps, only this one made me happy.
Btw you guys think i only have monk to use with my dap ? Lolz

same here. the qp1r is one of a kind dap. thoroughly enjoying mine.
think that dude havent heard the qp1r b4.
after hearing the qp1r, it makes me realise how bad some daps are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back