[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Sep 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #5,821 of 7,442
Because one thing is the impedance and the other is the sensitivity measured on the dBs... also low impedance means you need higher current to feed the signal through the transducer and that's when the smartphones start to struggle...

You are correct. I pretty much covered the basics and you took care of the rest
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #5,822 of 7,442
An incredibly common misconception is that impedance is the ruling factor.

You can have sensitive 400 ohm headphones that sound perfect coming out of an iPhone.

You can have 32 ohm headphone an iPhone struggles to drive.

Yes impedance is a good piece of information to know BUT it does not tell even close to the whole story.

One example: Zen 2.0 (320ohm) vs SeaHf  320ohm. the Zen you could use with a laptop, smartphone, you name it and it sounded great. Seahf, you had to turn the volume to 100 and was still unsatisfied.

My 2 cents

I mean I get more bass on ve monk plus with higher gain, you mean enogh volume, which is ok. its better on my dap on ghigher gain with more bass

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #5,824 of 7,442
I'm hoping they'll make a 2.5 TRRS to Dual 2.5 TRS Adapter for dual balanced outputs.

Anyone know where I can find one?

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #5,826 of 7,442
After a month of listening to the Monk I still can't get used to them. They hurt my ears after just an hour. I use the doughnuts. Any suggestions on more comfortable use?

Have you tried them naked?

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #5,827 of 7,442
suggestions on more comfortable use?

"Have you tried them naked?"

Waynesworld I know that might be more comfortable for you, just please close the curtains and/or blinds when you do that or you might upset the neighbours.
ph34r.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #5,830 of 7,442
An incredibly common misconception is that impedance is the ruling factor.

You can have sensitive 400 ohm headphones that sound perfect coming out of an iPhone.

You can have 32 ohm headphone an iPhone struggles to drive.

Yes impedance is a good piece of information to know BUT it does not tell even close to the whole story.

One example: Zen 2.0 (320ohm) vs SeaHf  320ohm. the Zen you could use with a laptop, smartphone, you name it and it sounded great. Seahf, you had to turn the volume to 100 and was still unsatisfied.

My 2 cents

Because one thing is the impedance and the other is the sensitivity measured on the dBs... also low impedance means you need higher current to feed the signal through the transducer and that's when the smartphones start to struggle...

I agree with vapman. I run my 300 ohm dj500 iems, 64ohm monks and 28ohm fostex on my n5 phone. They all run fine for me. Ohms are not the whole story.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #5,831 of 7,442
  After a month of listening to the Monk I still can't get used to them. They hurt my ears after just an hour. I use the doughnuts. Any suggestions on more comfortable use?

Did you get the expansion pack? That provides plenty of options.

I find the thin foams best sounding. The thick foams can offer a bit more comfort (padding), esp. since I often move the position of the earbuds at least once if not more during each listen. 

Naked the earbuds don't stay in place very well. Plus, you don't get much bass with the nudes. 

Thin foams seem the best compromise. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #5,833 of 7,442
Bare plastic makes things worse. Thin pads feel roughly the same as doughnuts. Thick pads are the best but then I can just about stick the buds in my ears. Guess my ears are on the smaller side in that case?

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #5,834 of 7,442
Guys, how much time does the seller usually take to ship the Monks? More than 3 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back