[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 27, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #5,416 of 7,442
I don't see why people would issue complaints to AE. There must be a more polite, professional way of making the company's concerns known to their customers. The ad looks like it was constructed by a drunk 15 year old trolling the internet for the first time. 

In this day and age of everything must be PC and overly gooey in their ads, which mimic the finest Norwegian skinny-people's ad in a lifestyle we common peasants will never attain (no offense, I have some Nordic heritage); Lee tells it like it is.

No BS, no messing around, order of you want FO if you don't-kind of business. The gain or loss of one customer won't bother him one minutes sleep.

I find this business model thoroughly refreshing, and am a lifelong customer BECAUSE of the gruff-no-nonsense attitude. Buy it or don't, he don't care.

And you would be missing out on some fine earbuds if you don't. Best of luck, and please don't take our rebuttals as attacks, none of them are meant that way.

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #5,417 of 7,442
@zhibli06 You might be receiving a Darth Monk back from the USA if I can't convince the post office that there was obviously an error with a shipment as tracking says I moved with no forwarding address. The silly part of this is I haven't moved, so I'm trying to get this fixed before they ship it back overseas.

can't u just call them and fix it ?

when I was in Japan

post office will just re-send them to ur current address if u simply call them.

but i guess USPS could be different~

I know china post has tons of stupid rules, if I do get them back (u should be able to see it with the tracking)

plz do let me know via email~

as I don't go to the office very often 

and my partner might "forget" to mention them to me lol

so if there is anything i can do , plz follow the tracking and email me~

Cheers

Lee

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #5,420 of 7,442
How would you describe the sound of the Monk? I'd like something with similar sound signature but "fuller" (more bass & soundstage), in a full size over ear headphone.
it is organic and smooth. Wide soundstage

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #5,422 of 7,442
Thank you. Do you know of any full size headphone with similar sound, and maybe bigger soundstage, bass & detail?

Tascam TH-MX2

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #5,423 of 7,442
In this day and age of everything must be PC and overly gooey in their ads, which mimic the finest Norwegian skinny-people's ad in a lifestyle we common peasants will never attain (no offense, I have some Nordic heritage); Lee tells it like it is.

No BS, no messing around, order of you want FO if you don't-kind of business. The gain or loss of one customer won't bother him one minutes sleep.

I find this business model thoroughly refreshing, and am a lifelong customer BECAUSE of the gruff-no-nonsense attitude. Buy it or don't, he don't care.

And you would be missing out on some fine earbuds if you don't. Best of luck, and please don't take our rebuttals as attacks, none of them are meant that way.

Not at all, I certainly don't take any of these replies as 'attacks' in any way. 

What is the principal complaint? Is it that the shipping takes longer than expected? I'm assuming a couple of weeks is standard from China. 

I'm really happy with my current set of headphones, but the allure of quality at $5 or $10 has me intrigued. 

I won't repeat my complaints or concerns as it seems this product is legit and shipping to most everyone who buys. 

It seems there are multiple VE products with a few in the pipeline. I just stumbled across this thread as I haven't checked this site in a while. 

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #5,424 of 7,442
Not at all, I certainly don't take any of these replies as 'attacks' in any way. 

What is the principal complaint? Is it that the shipping takes longer than expected? I'm assuming a couple of weeks is standard from China. 

I'm really happy with my current set of headphones, but the allure of quality at $5 or $10 has me intrigued. 

I won't repeat my complaints or concerns as it seems this product is legit and shipping to most everyone who buys. 

It seems there are multiple VE products with a few in the pipeline. I just stumbled across this thread as I haven't checked this site in a while. 

You can buy either from the AE seller venture electronics (as you linked) or from the veclan.com site. Either way you will need to have patience as things take their own time from China.

Lee has posted lead times. Basically epacket will be sent with tracking almost instantly from the post office where their office is located, but everything else they need to bulk up and make a trip to another logistics centre with could cause a delay of several days until you get the tracking number.

After that it is in the hands of the delivery gods as to how long it gets to you and / or if shipping status ever gets updated by the courier company.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #5,425 of 7,442

Hey no prob. Some get quite defensive, but they are quite good, regardless of the price. Shipping is tolerable in this "I need it yesterday!!!" world.

I too, am quite happy with my others, but return to the Monk & Monk+ for a nice alternative. Best of luck!

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,426 of 7,442
  How would you describe the sound of the Monk? I'd like something with similar sound signature but "fuller" (more bass & soundstage), in a full size over ear headphone.

final audio design sonorous 10, sennheiser orpheus, sony mdr-r10

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #5,429 of 7,442
yep, i'll be getting more than one on my next purchase...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back