[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,486 of 7,442
I'm so tempted to buy these, but I've never been able to get ear buds to stay in my ears. :expressionless:

I have the same problem. Buds simply do not like my ears. That said, these are quite adequate with the foam donuts. This pair is the pair I use when I get a quick listen, or need quick ingress/egress from my ears. And for that purpose with the $5 benefit, they are fantastic.

Well worth the $8 total investment.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,488 of 7,442
  I got my Monks a few days ago. While I was waiting for the Monks to arrive, I was thinking this must be over-hyped. Earbuds are earbuds (I don't have any expensive models). Well I finally got a chance to sit and listen to "Unplugged" by Eric Clapton. I just sit there thinking it's unbelievable that I am hearing this from an earbud, let alone a $5 one. The sound signature is the perfect for my type of music. 

I am going to enjoy these Monks for a while, but they have piqued my interest with VE's upper models. The Zens are still out of my price range (especially since I'll need a new amp to even power them), but I might consider the Asura. However, I don't know if my equipment can properly drive it. I have a Sansa clip + Fiio E5 for portable use and a Fiio Q1 for desktop. Anyone know if these are powerful enough to drive the Asura?

Lastly, I would like to say thanks to Lee and VE for making such an amazing budget earbud!

VE marketing plan actualized lol!

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,490 of 7,442
Its a trap!!

Agreed.. but its a awesome trap that I don't want to get out!
Just got a bulk of monks to share among my peers :D

Thanks Lee!

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #1,495 of 7,442
Just got my pair of VE monk and this is really not just hype. Paired with my DX50 without EQ and it's really an awesome pair of buds.

There are times when you can believe the hype!
I run mine at 210 vol un-eq'd

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,496 of 7,442
You could say he's starting his own monastery
smily_headphones1.gif
)

You killed me here LOL.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #1,497 of 7,442
Jan 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #1,499 of 7,442
flare audio r2a has more resolution than ve monk but has more than trinity delta

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,500 of 7,442
Forgot to add a review on the shipping. I am located in Canada, so shipping usually takes forever to get to us here. I ordered the Monks on Jan.6 and received them on the 19th, that's less than 2 weeks! I ordered Edifier H180 a week before the Monk on Aliexpress and have yet to see them. So this is just a heads up for any Canadians wanting to order the Monk from Lee, the shipping is indeed really fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back