[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 28, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #1,006 of 7,442
Good for you guys 
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,007 of 7,442
  I don't know if Lee would like to answer my questions, but I really would like to know how deep is he with the creation of the drivers he uses?
Are those drivers outsourced? If so does he have a say about different sound aspects he wants from them and they create it? Or he gets to pick the ones he like? Or he actually creates them?
Knowing it would certainly for me at least, give an idea of what kind of sound presentation he likes and how VE will progress. A fact that will surely influence further purchase decisions from many users around here.

I would also very much like to know about this as well. I've never seen much talk on this forum about what producers of these headphones are thinking or attempting in the design of their headphones, so it would be very interesting.

I ask this as someone who already owns two pairs of monks and likes them very much. I've been doing a lot of transcribing recently so I need something which has a lot of detail and spaciousness to bring out muffled sounds and separate out background noise. I've found them to sound similar to the ksc75 in terms of that kind of detail (in terms of budget headphones).

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,009 of 7,442
I would also very much like to know about this as well. I've never seen much talk on this forum about what producers of these headphones are thinking or attempting in the design of their headphones, so it would be very interesting.

I ask this as someone who already owns two pairs of monks and likes them very much. I've been doing a lot of transcribing recently so I need something which has a lot of detail and spaciousness to bring out muffled sounds and separate out background noise. I've found them to sound similar to the ksc75 in terms of that kind of detail (in terms of budget headphones).

You need something highly detailed then like something with a micro driver. Jvc makes some cheap models or the VE Duke is an option.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,010 of 7,442
Thank you all for your answers. But let me be a little specific.

The only reason for me wanting an amp or an mp3 player is for the sound quality and power. So I want one only if the audio quality is clearly over a smartphone like Xiaomi MI4I. I really don't need another device around me only for the sake of the battery or anything else. I want better sound quality and output power.

So any of these recommendations like xDuoo x2 or Newsmy A33 or anything else, is better than a smartphone for music listening? Can they really make a difference when listening to Monk or ZEN 2.0? Or do I need something more expensive?

As I said, my budget is around 50-70 USD. If it is cheaper is fine, but only if it has a good audio quality for the money, and better than a smartphone.

Thanks again.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,011 of 7,442

The only reason for me wanting an amp or an mp3 player is for the sound quality and power. So I want one only if the audio quality is clearly over a smartphone like Xiaomi MI4I. I really don't need another device around me only for the sake of the battery or anything else. I want better sound quality and output power.

So any of these recommendations like xDuoo x2 or Newsmy A33 or anything else, is better than a smartphone for music listening? Can they really make a difference when listening to Monk or ZEN 2.0? Or do I need something more expensive?

As I said, my budget is around 50-70 USD. If it is cheaper is fine, but only if it has a good audio quality for the money, and better than a smartphone.

Thanks again.

Read through the reviews on here it should point you in the right direction

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #1,012 of 7,442
FWIW, when i auditioned the Fiio M3 and X1, they are definitely more "audiophile" sounding than my Note1 fone.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,014 of 7,442

Thanks again.

If you have some friends in Russia then GET the Ritmix RF-7650 as it is a perfect match with Monk and add an amp into the rig like Topping Nx1 for Zen 2.0. However maybe you won't need an amp for Zen 2.0 if they aren't hard to drive like old Zen. 
wink.gif

Btw, Ritmix RF-7650 is definitely an upgrade from my Meizu M1 Note. Haven't heard the Xiaomi MI4I though. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,016 of 7,442
  What I mean by "seal" there, is not the same seal as you get in IEM where you create a air tight blocking by having the tip inserted in your ear canal.

A good fitting earbud is one that sits in you ear behind the Tragus, Intertragic Incisure, Antitragus and slightly touching the end of the Crus of the Helix. Without making you having discomfort issues.
The foam on the earbuds helps creating a tighter fit with those parts of your outer ear thus helping the bass response a bit. Unfortunately because of this anatomy you cannot get a fully air tight block because you can not completely create a 100% seal with the back of the Crus of the Helix, (what actually can be experienced by pressing strongly the buds toward your ear). 
Some buds cover make the buds seal ala yurbuds which is  a tighter seal kinda IEM seal but not always as good as an IEM seal...And sometimes those cover changes the mids and trebles responce not in a favorable way.

This is some fantastic information.  Thanks for posting it!

As of now everything fits as you described but what is lacking the part about "without making you having discomfort issues" past the 10-15 minute mark.  Are yurbuds available for the Monk size, or variants of it that we could potentially buy?  How do fans of earbuds deal with buds larger than their ears?

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,018 of 7,442
  This is some fantastic information.  Thanks for posting it!

As of now everything fits as you described but what is lacking the part about "without making you having discomfort issues" past the 10-15 minute mark.  Are yurbuds available for the Monk size, or variants of it that we could potentially buy?  How do fans of earbuds deal with buds larger than their ears?

Perhaps you could try looping the wire over your ear and let the bud sorta hang down and sit in the ear.this method gives a slightly different fit but also reduces the pulling on the ear by the weight of the Monk.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,020 of 7,442

just feel the beautiful melody,  even if u dun understand a single word...like me :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back