[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #916 of 7,442
My biggest issue is that I bought two pairs of Monks in October. I've only used one pair and they are really getting burned in, sounding better every day. Currently I'm almost only using my Monks and my ATH-R70x.

Why the issue then? Well Christmas eve is approaching and I was considering giving my second pair of Monks to one of my relatives as a Christmas gift. But I'm having second thoughts. None of my relatives will appreciate the full value of the gift, so I'm considering keeping them for my self.

Am I a bad person or am I just being realistic? Should I just give them a bottle of wine or a bottle of single malt instead, and keep the really good stuff for my self (a decent bottle of single malt in Sweden is around 45 euro and the Monks were around 7 euro including shipping from Wild Lee)?

Meanwhile songs like LONG:D - Odd Eye does wonders for me every day during my commuting

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #917 of 7,442
A friend of mine told me his apple earpods were breaking and asked if I could recommend him a pair or inexpensive earbuds. Guess what I recommended. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #919 of 7,442
Keep the Monk :)

I jus gave away one to a non-audiophile relative, and tried to tell him how amazing blablabla...
But i suzpect he,s gonna treat it as a spare f sorts.. after saying " does it take calls..no?? "

Same here!

I have 3 monks and gave 1 as a Christmas present in a gift exchange party. 
Well, I tried to hype up on how great this monks are, and she seems to be pretty excited about it.
I hope she's not faking it though.  

But a gift's a gift. and Merry Christmas everyone!

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #920 of 7,442
I ain´t giving my spare Monks away to anyone... My wife has so small ears she'd have to duct tape the Monks to the outside of her ears. My friends have no idea how good music really should sound and have been dragged into the "Beats and overwhelming bass"- abyss... 

They don´t deserve the Monks... I´ll keep them for myself... I deserve them the most... becuase I´m a good boy... and I like them... and they like me...

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #924 of 7,442
Monk is a solid earphone with high quality materials :wink: 

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #925 of 7,442
hey guys, sorry I have just got back home from the office. I meant to reply each in details how to order the monks on this coming Friday,  

My apologies for not doing so yet.

As i just realized that X'mas is coming and I don't think the monk is any where near as important as family affairs , we have decided to move the monk sale to Jan 7th,

will have 100 ready for purchase then. 

And I promise that we will have enough for everyone within the coming month.

Once again , it is never my intention to do this kind of hungry sale BS, but we simply do not have enough due the recent unexpected peak in sales (in and outside of China)

( guess guys in this thread are mostly " to be blamed" for this situation
beerchug.gif
)

from Venture Electronics,  we wish everyone 

Merry X'mas and A Happy New Year!

Of course, ~the Venture "To boldly go where no one has gone before" is merely getting started

Cheers 

Lee

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #926 of 7,442
  hey guys, sorry I have just got back home from the office. I meant to reply each in details how to order the monks on this coming Friday,  

My apologies for not doing so yet.

As i just realized that X'mas is coming and I don't think the monk is any where near as important as family affairs , we have decided to move the monk sale to Jan 7th,

will have 100 ready for purchase then. 

And I promise that we will have enough for everyone within the coming month.

Once again , it is never my intention to do this kind of hungry sale BS, but we simply do not have enough due the recent unexpected peak in sales (in and outside of China)

( guess guys in this thread are mostly " to be blamed" for this situation
beerchug.gif
)

from Venture Electronics,  we wish everyone 

Merry X'mas and A Happy New Year!

Of course, ~the Venture "To boldly go where no one has gone before" is merely getting started

Cheers 

Lee

OK will wait for 2 weeks ...

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #928 of 7,442
  this is lee's pic.
you will notice the donuts you speak of are the bottom set...
and above them is a pair of normal earbud foams. they are like any normal earbud cover.
that's what i use on my monk.
too much treble and too hard to get a seal with donuts IMO.

Thanks.  I also got a better seal with the regular non-donut foams.  I'm guessing that I still don't have great seal because the bass slam and bass quantity is not that high.  However, the soundstage is awesome; love the female vocals on them.

They are a steal for $5 for sure.  I just wish they had more bass.  Also, they are very hard to drive.  I had Youtube and my laptop at 100% (KC06 only 60%).  My Nexus 6 on Youtube with max volume wasn't loud enough.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #929 of 7,442

Thanks.  I also got a better seal with the regular non-donut foams.  I'm guessing that I still don't have great seal because the bass slam and bass quantity is not that high.  However, the soundstage is awesome; love the female vocals on them.

They are a steal for $5 for sure.  I just wish they had more bass.  Also, they are very hard to drive.  I had Youtube and my laptop at 100% (KC06 only 60%).  My Nexus 6 on Youtube with max volume wasn't loud enough.

Burn burn burn. They will gain some bass for sure. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #930 of 7,442

Burn burn burn. They will gain some bass for sure. 

Those impressions were after 24 hours, but I'm still burning as we speak :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back