[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 10, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #691 of 7,442
Actually, i think you could still get the usual 3$ shipping, you'll just have to wait the month/month and a half it takes for air mail to deliver. For us headfiers, the price is still 5$ a pair!

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #692 of 7,442
Yes I can wait for slow shipping. I alrady have one pair of monk and a few pairs of E100. I just want to have some to give to friends and keep as spares if i lose/break a monk :)

IF it's $5 for all head-fi'ers that is cool but Lee spends so much time with people here and from elsewhere bugging him on AliExpress, I think I should just pay him the $15 and not make a fuss about price adjustment. every time he posts here it seems like he's under a lot of pressure and it makes me feel bad...

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #693 of 7,442
  An extra $10 isn't going to kill me. I don't want to bust Lee's ass over $10. Just regretting not placing an order for several of them when they were in stock at $5.

how about we do not confuse people with the wrong info brother?

the monk is always 5usd ~ that is a promise.

I think it could be 15cad with shipping , however via ePacket

Like I have said again and again, we r sick and tired of all those disputes (or to be perfectly honest , I am)

so for countries like CA, I wanna stick with ePacket , I know it is not very good for one unit, 

but u can group-buy it or something , we are not making money with the extra shipping, I even tried to manually adjust them just to avoid system error

as ePacket is not supported on AE for any other country than the states with its stupid system.

my partner thinks Ali and China Post are not really buddies or anything , they try to screw each other at every turn lol

but we will however offer cheaper shipping options once I know that we won't put against the wall with those stupid disputes again

and trust me, you guys will like IT

Dunno. Lee? @zhibli06 

They're $15 for us Wayne -- $15 CAD for one unit + shipping to Canada.

Yes, but plz remember , ePacket is like baby-EMS service, u will get it within 2 weeks instead of 2 months with AE

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. we are all out for the time being , of course , we kept some for Zen 2.0 and duke buyers, but 

pretty plz.....we will have more , I promise 

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #694 of 7,442

Sorry Lee, I misunderstood some posts in this thread and thought it was up from $5.
Wasn't trying to spread any bad info.

I wanted to pay you full price and not make you make adjustments for me because I feel really bad you have so many people making disputes against you. that is unfair to you and who are these jerks making a dispute over a $5 earbud anyway?

The $15 CAD screenshot on the other page + price adjustment talk confused me.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #695 of 7,442
  Yes I can wait for slow shipping. I alrady have one pair of monk and a few pairs of E100. I just want to have some to give to friends and keep as spares if i lose/break a monk :)

IF it's $5 for all head-fi'ers that is cool but Lee spends so much time with people here and from elsewhere bugging him on AliExpress, I think I should just pay him the $15 and not make a fuss about price adjustment. every time he posts here it seems like he's under a lot of pressure and it makes me feel bad...

i am under a lot of pressure, like I had to manually adjust more than 100 orders yesterday

again, aliexpress is stupid with its system~ I know for a fact , people can still pay after the stock went to Zero 

So I think I sold a lot more than I planned, but since more is coming my way 

I can spare some extra...... so all who ordered till the 100units are paid , got their order adjusted ( I think)

could have missed some.

can not do anything for those nice folks who ordered the 500 ones ......... (as they are not meant to be sold...merely a holder of information lol)

anyways......sorry again guys.....

plz wait till next week.....

I promise to have more...

sorry for this fast sale and leave a lot of people hanging.......

It was not my intention , but we are trying our best to supply them......

Cheers 

Lee

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #696 of 7,442
@zhibli06

Just want you to know I and many others appreciate what you're doing here massively.

I for one could not care less about a price adjustment on these fantastic deals.

I hope things get less crazy for you after the holiday season. i can tell you're under a lot of stress.

I have heard from others about how AliExpress system is kind of a mess. I don't know if dhgate is better about it.

I just hope people start treating you better, and I'll place another order as soon as I see them back in stock :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #697 of 7,442
Yes sorry if there is any misunderstanding.  The reason it ends up "high" for Canadians is two-fold.  The price of the Monk has not changed, it is still $5USD.  The reason it ends up being $15 CAD is because we Canadians have a HORRIBLE exchange rate and Venture Electronics have decided to improve the shipping to benefit us half or maybe quarter the time it will take to arrive. 

Turbo donkey's flying across the ocean... unlike the snail that is carrying my spiral dot tips that I ordered over a month ago :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #698 of 7,442

Sorry Lee, I misunderstood some posts in this thread and thought it was up from $5.
Wasn't trying to spread any bad info.

I wanted to pay you full price and not make you make adjustments for me because I feel really bad you have so many people making disputes against you. that is unfair to you and who are these jerks making a dispute over a $5 earbud anyway?

The $15 CAD screenshot on the other page + price adjustment talk confused me.

hey man 

it is allllllll good

Merely posting to correct u on it.

15usd is NOT the full price

it is just something I use to stop the wrong people from buying them, might have stopped some right people as well, for that I am sorry.

I appreciate ur kindness, but you should know I won't be doing this forever u know.

not that I will stop the monk,  rather I will stop AE screwing me over all the time

so I am taking steps to insure that I won't be in that position again.

But , I really can't accept u paying me more than it supposed to be.

As like I have said, I wanna a honest biz , I wanna what I asked more 

no more , no less.

But those kind words are what really keeps us going.

for that I can't thank you enough.

plz don't feel like that I am under a lot of pressure only because of this.

I had to deal with my wife , who is trying to pass her collage English Exam lol with about 20 days of study.

and of course..... too much fallout 4....is bad for u man......avoid it at any cost......

so plz do feel bad for me....

I am having the time of my life......cuz some money people like our stuff 

again, not about the money , it is just the feeling that we are , I am doing something worth our time

which I think people can rarely feel in this era.

So Thanks again guys...

but plz just be patient....we will have more...

Cheers 

Lee

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #699 of 7,442
  hey man 

it is allllllll good

Merely posting to correct u on it.

15usd is NOT the full price

it is just something I use to stop the wrong people from buying them, might have stopped some right people as well, for that I am sorry.

I appreciate ur kindness, but you should know I won't be doing this forever u know.

not that I will stop the monk,  rather I will stop AE screwing me over all the time

so I am taking steps to insure that I won't be in that position again.

But , I really can't accept u paying me more than it supposed to be.

As like I have said, I wanna a honest biz , I wanna what I asked more 

no more , no less.

But those kind words are what really keeps us going.

for that I can't thank you enough.

plz don't feel like that I am under a lot of pressure only because of this.

I had to deal with my wife , who is trying to pass her collage English Exam lol with about 20 days of study.

and of course..... too much fallout 4....is bad for u man......avoid it at any cost......

so plz do feel bad for me....

I am having the time of my life......cuz some money people like our stuff 

again, not about the money , it is just the feeling that we are , I am doing something worth our time

which I think people can rarely feel in this era.

So Thanks again guys...

but plz just be patient....we will have more...

Cheers 

Lee

You, your efforts, and your earbuds are definitely all appreciated Lee! Kudos to you!
beerchug.gif

What I don't understand is, how can you sell the Monks for that price? Hopefully you're making at least some profit off of them. Then again, selling them for that price most likely will result in Monk world domination, and many people will be wanting to get the Zens after hearing the Monks. So it's all good!

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #700 of 7,442
I try to understand the difference in price between the Monk and the other models from VE, what can justify such a price gap(x20)

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #701 of 7,442
  I try to understand the difference in price between the Monk and the other models from VE, what can justify such a price gap(x20)

Refinement. Both in materials (the asura and zen both have mucg nicer cables), and SQ. You get a much, much more refined sound with the more expensive models. Well, at least that's what everyone who's tried them all says.

Oh, hey @zhibli06, a quick question: whats the sound tuning on your full size model(similar to monk and zen 2.0 or more like the zen 1.0)? And is it an over-ear or on-ear design? It looks quite nice with those wooden cups!

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #702 of 7,442

Refinement. Both in materials (the asura and zen both have mucg nicer cables), and SQ. You get a much, much more refined sound with the more expensive models. Well, at least that's what everyone who's tried them all says.

Oh, hey @zhibli06, a quick question: whats the sound tuning on your full size model(similar to monk and zen 2.0 or more like the zen 1.0)? And is it an over-ear or on-ear design? It looks quite nice with those wooden cups!

haha , lets forget about those woody~

I will sell some internationally 

once I think they can justify the wait and the extra shipping cost lol

the woody is a nice deal for people in China , but when u think about the shipping taxes and stuff ,  it is not that good of a deal lol

However I promise we will show u some serious cans next year

Cheers 

Lee

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #704 of 7,442
Cant wait to see /hear Lee's cans..... comfy goodquality leatherpads pls :)

===================

crazy LEE....he is a one man machine or what....
tot i just placed the order a few hours ago..?

" Your Order 715xxxxxxxxxx has been shipped "

i am not complaining :)

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #705 of 7,442
  I would have bought one already, but I can't really think of a use for it other than listen to it for 15 minutes, probably think it's really good, and then put it on the shelf.  Since it apparently leaks a decent bit, if I need isolation it doesn't help, and if I don't need isolation I may as well just wear big open headphones.  

Fair enough but are you sure you have "all bases covered"? How about :

Monk. A night time of pleasure...

ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back