[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 20, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #856 of 7,442
ive had shozy diy earbuds and they did singer vocals very good, but it wasnt good enough for me to keep them, so they are now used by someone lucky in france. only 12 euro barely used. i would like to see how these ve budus i mean monks stack up or down or whatever is the expression. happy hollidays

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #857 of 7,442
ive had shozy diy earbuds and they did singer vocals very good, but it wasnt good enough for me to keep them, so they are now used by someone lucky in france. only 12 euro barely used. i would like to see how these ve budus i mean monks stack up or down or whatever is the expression. happy hollidays
other sound sig

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #863 of 7,442
Little OT, but still related to the topic.

Hey guys, i'm thinking of buying a portable can in the next couple months, so i need some help from the gurus who lurk in this thread.

I'm looking for a closed over-ear (i wear glasses, so on-ears are a big no), in the 200$ price range (might stretch to 300$, i'd just wait for some good deals then). They'd have to sound like the monk. I mean, i want something with the same sound sig as the monk, or something really close. I'd be ok with a bit less midbass and/or mor subbass, an just slightly more sparkle up top.. These little things completely spoiled me, not sure i would be satisfied with a different tuning. Damn you VE!

Hope you guys can help me with this OT question 

The fostex t50rp mkiii

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #864 of 7,442

If this is true I'm getting my self some Takstar pro 80s

Go for it! Believe me they are very similar in overall sound.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #865 of 7,442
Monk with Shure grey flex silicone tips :D

Left: Sennheiser Mx470 rubber caps Right: Shure grey flex

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #866 of 7,442
  I just sent a PM message to Wild Lee , hope there is stock for 3 Monks .

would like to test it against my old pair of Sony MDR-E10LP .

sorry they are out of stock already.  gotta wait for the next batch.

And I think, it will be around 50 Units only , so I am considering if we should just sell it via paypal directly to only head-fiers here. 

Cuz we can't control how many we sell on AE. Trust me it has been a big issue with us, I listed 100, then 200 is sold...

I listed 200 then 300 is sold......then again , I will say Ali group has the best web platform for online stopping in China, but that is their taobao.com

their AE is still a baby in comparison lol. 

And after this coming 50 there will be a long period of blank that we are facing, since we will not have any more coming for like half a month at least,

we need to reserve some for the zen 2.0 and duke sales, so that when people buy those, we don't have to send the monk "later", 

you think it is not a big deal, but trust me, It had some really bad exp with this and had to stop the zen 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade program all together for this.

so again, those who wanna buy the zen 2.0 , will get a free monk as promised, even when we run out of units for retail. 

If this is true I'm getting my self some Takstar pro 80s

Go for it! Believe me they are very similar in overall sound.

I have a pair of Pro 80 as well, not sure if they are same as the pro 80s lol

also nice pictures brother!

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #867 of 7,442
I have a pair of Pro 80 as well, not sure if they are same as the pro 80s lol

also nice pictures brother!

Thanks bro. Yes we all know Monk is better lol. :D

Dec 20, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #868 of 7,442
When will the VE closed can be revealed? :)

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #870 of 7,442
I have received my monk. 
dt880smile.png
  After its sound checked, my monk is under burning now.  I realize  one side of my monk stacks with the other side by strong magnet speakers.  please see pics  
Although I forget to take pics with ear pads, the parcel contained also two pair of pads.  That's no problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back