[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 8, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #6,631 of 7,442
  Can someone please comment on the mic on the Monk, is it more or less up to par with other earbuds? Is it noise-cancelling? From the pictures it looks cheap...

It's basic, but it's not bad; as in you probably wouldn't rent studio time to go record your hit single with it.

Well maybe 5, 10, years ago this is the case, now top 40 is produced by dudes singing into laptop mics, so yeah by that standard you are getting a really high quality mic.

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #6,633 of 7,442
  Can someone please comment on the mic on the Monk, is it more or less up to par with other earbuds? Is it noise-cancelling? From the pictures it looks cheap...

the mic version works like any other mic on other iems/buds. i don't think its noise cancelling. they are cheap but build quality is far above asking price.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #6,635 of 7,442
I'd like to own a Monk v1 - if anyone would like to trade for a color variant Monk Plus (I've got lots of Massdrop Reds and Transparent Blues now) a PM would be most appreciated. :bigsmile_face:
personally i like monk+ more, because of it's neutrality...

i got only one monk left..let me keep it for collection

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #6,636 of 7,442
personally i like monk+ more, because of it's neutrality...

i got only one monk left..let me keep it for collection

Very nice, congratulations!

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #6,637 of 7,442
I bought a pair of Red Monk+ from Massdrop a few months back, I love them but they actually hurt my ears after a couple of minutes, both with foams and without. Gave them to my dad though, and he loves them!

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #6,638 of 7,442
MD blue monks are beautiful. I bought a whole bunch & am tempted to get more just because I loved this version's color so much.

I have all mic versions & it is a standard mic, nothing to write home about, but the added benefit of higher SQ from the earbuds is well worth it

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #6,639 of 7,442
Is the espresso edition or candy edition SQ actually better then the stock monk plus SQ? If so, how?

yes. it is less v shaped imo.

Ah yep just looked and it's gone from the product description. Cheers. Glad I got my Asura when I did! Although tbh I've never given the Monk v1 any serious play time since it came. (It was still a nice bonus to have!)

the monk v1 is legendary
redface.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #6,640 of 7,442
Is the espresso edition or candy edition SQ actually better then the stock monk plus SQ? If so, how?

There is certainly differing opinions on that.  I think the Candy version sounds smoother and better soundstage, but nothing more than subtle.  The Massdrop Red version sounds different for some reason too.  Others will say no difference.  I like the cable on the Candy version and from the looks of it Espresso version, but that is just aesthetic and tactile reasons. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #6,641 of 7,442
I have ordered a pair on Aliexpress last monday but its still not shipped....yet ! The tracking info just says" Packed for Picking":xf_eek:

Having been an Amazon prime user, they are testing my patience :mad:

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #6,644 of 7,442
With VE, it's all good - I place the order with e-packet to ship, and in around 10 days, I've got a surprise waiting in my mailbox.

Love it! :rainbow:

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #6,645 of 7,442
With VE, it's all good - I place the order with e-packet to ship, and in around 10 days, I've got a surprise waiting in my mailbox.

Love it! :rainbow:

Thats decent...compared to what I'm experiencing !

If it goes like this, I'm estimating a 3 week shipping time. And yeah, I don't know about the Customs dept. as they are very particular about Chinese imports.
So, it might take a month :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back