[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 7, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #6,586 of 7,442
  I hope not to derail the thread past this comment, but green tea is healthier and easier on your stomach 
wink.gif

Anyway, just in case we have any V10 owners here, do any of you own an Android or iOS wired Monk with 3 button and mic? I gave my royal purple mic'd 3 button Android Monk to my gf cause neither the buttons worked on my device. They work perfect on hers - but she can also use Apple 3 button mic headphones on her V20 whereas I can't. So I'm not sure if I got an iOS one by accident or if I actually need an iOS one for the V10? If anyone has any insight on this I would definitely appreciate it.  Maybe I will have to get a 1 button + mic to be safe.

Yep I have V10.  I use the 3 button android mic and have no issues with play/pause, volume control, next or previous track.  It's a bit picky about timing on the 3 click and sometimes does next track and pause, but it all works.  Tried it with both royal purple and translucent blue.  This is being done through the typical V10 adapter for Hi-Fi, so I'm glad that works properly together.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #6,588 of 7,442
From Lee:
And now , u can order them on our site!
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one…
the braided one is called Monk Plus Espresso Edition , and the normal ones are called coffee edition, sound pretty much identical as the Candy Edition
the Espresso is 20usd with caring case and customized "black and white foam packs" (like the expansion pack, but without the rubber or silicon stuff) , TRRS versions are 30usd with adapters~
the one with normal black cable is called Coffee, it is the same as purple , darth~ still 5 to 10usd , depends on the mics options.
enjoy & cheers
Lee

coffeecandies 20bucks.. ehemm....nobody rush pls...Q up...great ...thanks.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #6,590 of 7,442
Green tea is great, so are green tea flavored Oreos!

The Monk Plus Coffee Gold starts at $5, and the Monk Plus Espresso Edition starts at $20. :beerchug:

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #6,592 of 7,442
One of my favorites are the Japanese "SoftCookies" Oreos - try it out if you haven't.

I'll be most interested in trying out the Candy Edition versus the Espresso Edition and finding out if my hypothesis turns out to be true, at least for myself.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #6,593 of 7,442
am i spoilt or what...feeling the pain shelving out 20bucks...
with all the inexpensive goodies coming out of the bamboo wall..monks..ZXsss..etc
then was recently introducied to the benji s5..20bucks..now this expresso..
i am being eaten alive by these little munches...:p

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #6,596 of 7,442
@zhibli06 Just wanted to say thank you for the balanced Darth Monk. Don't remember if I did after you resent it with my Candy, but I appreciate it.

now time for the espresso
espresso.png

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #6,599 of 7,442
I keep staying immune to colourful Monks :smiley: having v1 and + (black of course), I need no other rainbow variants :smiley:

I fully agree. I bought enough original Monk's to last a lifetime, and they are my preferred. Tried Ty HiZ32, Edifier H180 and a few others, including Monk+, then stopped. Original Monk for me, and will likely give the + away to friends and family.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #6,600 of 7,442
I'd like to own a Monk v1 - if anyone would like to trade for a color variant Monk Plus (I've got lots of Massdrop Reds and Transparent Blues now) a PM would be most appreciated. :bigsmile_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back