[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #601 of 7,442

The description has my review in it! 
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

I ran out of reps to give so have this 

WELL DONE

instead

Edit: 777th post!

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #602 of 7,442
Been over 3 months since I placed my order. Had paid for the mic version(Total 9.73$, china post). Looks like it's lost in the post or stolen
frown.gif
. Thank heavens I didn't order the Asura or Zen.
Is Aliexpress standard shipping any different from China post. Wondering if I should order another one.

PS: What do you guys do when you do not receive an AE order. Apart from checking with your local post office occasionally, do you sigh and hope it turns up?

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #603 of 7,442
Been over 3 months since I placed my order. Had paid for the mic version(Total 9.73$, china post). Looks like it's lost in the post or stolen :frowning2: . Thank heavens I didn't order the Asura or Zen.
Is Aliexpress standard shipping any different from China post. Wondering if I should order another one.

PS: What do you guys do when you do not receive an AE order. Apart from checking with your local post office occasionally, do you sigh and hope it turns up?

You contact the seller mate. LOL.

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #604 of 7,442
  All Head-Fiers, just make the purchase and send Lee a message saying that your from Head-Fi and he will adjust the price to $5.

How or when do you send the note?  PM through here, or is there another way to contact?  Before or after I've entered my credit card information?

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #605 of 7,442
How or when do you send the note?  PM through here, or is there another way to contact?  Before or after I've entered my credit card information?

Just read the description. Lol

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #608 of 7,442
Just read the description. Lol

"so when u order, leave me a msg on ur id from head-fi, and I will adjust the price and the shipping "

I read the description, that's why I came here to get clarification.  My question is above, I can quote it below:

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #609 of 7,442
"[COLOR=FF0000]so when u order, leave me a msg on ur id from head-fi, and I will adjust the price and the shipping [/COLOR]"

I read the description, that's why I came here to get clarification.  My question is above, I can quote it below:

Order messages on Aliexpress seems like a natural place :wink:

It clearly states to wait with the payment until the price is changed.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #610 of 7,442
Order messages on Aliexpress seems like a natural place
wink.gif

It clearly states to wait with the payment until the price is changed.

Thanks Peter :)  I actually did not see that field!  

So we just sit here waiting with the refresh button eh?  Just like before when we were waiting for it be in stock!  fun times :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #611 of 7,442
"Beats blow every other headphone out of the water. End of." 
Nope never said anything like that but have been guilty of repeating elsewhere the suggestions have seen here that Beats Solo 2 are not too bad. Hope that won't make Lee cross
ph34r.gif

I think, like an earlier reviewer, I need to equalise the "lower mid" bass down a bit given that I also get a good seal using them with complete foams. So while I actually enjoyed a recording I have of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzRO2qxfDSU
(where the timpani is a major feature) more on the Monks than Sennheiser HD600 (only headphone I have left which haven't given away or broken) I found the "thud" sound of pizzicato double bass a bit too prominent on some other recordings (where it was intended only as a background feature). Having to make small adjustments like this is, I guess, just part of the territory of using buds.

Of course as has been mentioned these buds are terrific at reproducing the timbre of instruments and also great at instument separation. They are also very well behaved so I suppose there is a risk of playing them at a higher volume than should to see what they can do. They haven't produced any nasty for me yet that wasn't on the recording. Did a check on a youtube frequency response sweep and found 25Hz was reproduced fine which I suppose is part of the reason they manage to sound like full-size headphones?

Yep very highly recommended even for large scale orchestral music which I've found a tricky genre for buds in the past either because of lack of bass weight or strident reproduction of massed strings.

I wonder if this idea of provisional $15 charge is to try to prevent people buying in bulk to sell for profit? As other folks say $5 is a crazy low price.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #612 of 7,442

Been over 3 months since I placed my order. Had paid for the mic version(Total 9.73$, china post). Looks like it's lost in the post or stolen
frown.gif
. Thank heavens I didn't order the Asura or Zen.

You contact the seller mate. LOL.

Ah sorry. I should have mentioned, I did contact Lee(see below).
So, the responsibility of the seller is to get it shipped out. That's understandable. The rest is a chance game with China/local post. To be fair, I've received 4 China post shipments over the past three months(All <20$; took around a month or so). So it really is a chance game. Which is why buying >100$ items with that sort of risk is... off-putting?

But the Monk isn't, which is why I'm considering another purchase.

On 19 November 2015 at 21:06, 小刀-Lee <geargeeksp@qq.com> wrote:

check my other email
ask anyone that can speak Chinese around u
or simply check the english part
my agent told us it is in your customs
best luck with them

Cheers

Lee

发件人:
发送时间: 2015年11月20日(星期五) 凌晨0:04
收件人: "小刀-Lee"<geargeeksp@qq.com>;
主题: Re: Aliexpress Order ID: 68827585336035

Hi Lee,   
I understand. I've heard of this happening to some people.
I mentioned the other tracking numbers to assure you that if the parcel reaches the Indian post office I will get it for sure, because I know them personally.

I guess I'll have to wait then? How long do you suggest I wait? I hope China post comes through.

Thanks,

On 19 November 2015 at 20:59, 小刀-Lee <geargeeksp@qq.com> wrote:

I will check again with my forwarder, but this is more like an issue with China post
but we don't own China post, and my forwarder has deliver this package to China post on time
So I will ask him to check again, but still , other than that, all we can do is wait。
also ur other packages arrive or not, has nothing to do this one ,it is purely random
I had package sent to AU arrive within 2 weeks and some other item more than 3 months

Cheers

Lee

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #613 of 7,442
now since available I already ordered one 
jecklinsmile.gif

don't care if it arrieves in 2 months (usually to us it's more like 2-3 weeks) just I want to get it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #614 of 7,442
Thanks Peter :)  I actually did not see that field!  

So we just sit here waiting with the refresh button eh?  Just like before when we were waiting for it be in stock!  fun times :)

Lol! Remember that all good things comes to those who wait (unless China post has a say in it :wink: ).

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #615 of 7,442
I still havent got a discount, and i wrote in notes my headfi username and messaged him on aliexpress too in the buy section. did anyone get discounted already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back