[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #558 of 7,442
the old monk is something before the whole international sale, the logo was dark red
simply speaking,the monk everybody got here is the new monk already , and we have no plan to change it
anytime soon

cheers

lee

p.s. yes still 5 usd

...man, I was wondering "...how the hell would they top the Monk as it is now?"

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #559 of 7,442
  Alright man thanks, I'll just wait it out then.

Postal service is pretty straightforward on my side.. Passing customs takes one day, delivered the next.

Hey bro, welcome to the Monk club, too!
smile.gif
 These little gems are fantastic, considering their really low price and (extremely) understated looks. It's an understatement to say that I was floored by what I heard when I auditioned them a few months back.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #561 of 7,442
Just a preview.
I translated a part from their taobao page: 

[COLOR=FF0000]The new monks - can be understood as micro Zen (red rice this grade phone sounds no pressure)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000][COLOR=0000FF]Contrast old monk, and low-frequency texture detail has increased dramatically ~![/COLOR][/COLOR]

So correct me if i'm wrong but it seems he meant the new versions will have more bass quantity?

Hope it doesn't turn out to be something like the havi b3 pro 2 (bassier version)

Anyway, keep watching for stocks on AE, but look out for overpriced items.

According to the taobao page, it is priced the same as the first batch.

Cheers!
old Monk with red logo

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #562 of 7,442

Hey bro, welcome to the Monk club, too!
smile.gif
 These little gems are fantastic, considering their really low price and (extremely) understated looks. It's an understatement to say that I was floored by what I heard when I auditioned them a few months back.

Haha hey buddy wasn't expecting you here. Good to know you appreciate them.

Quote:
  In that case, a person that works there, interested about Hi-Fi, tried the Monks and died for the eargasm.
It sounds very believable!

LOL! Well if so I'm glad he chose them and not Zeus 
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #564 of 7,442
Listening to my monks again. Missed them a lot when I left them at work over the weekend. My only complaint is the very high highs are a bit sparkly for me, if you like your treble to sparkle these are great phones, I probably will switch my Project Polaris to the low bandwidth when I get home  and plug them in though.

I find the overall sound to be more musical than my E100 but using directly out of my phone the treble is a bit much sometimes for me! But I am very sensitive to treble and often times I EQ it out. for non-EQ usage I might actually grab the E100 over these simply because my ears are easily fatigued with a lot of high end. the detail is really impressive though! i feel like it's having little tiny stax lambdas in my ears, so i'm happy with the sound and just deal with the treble sparkle :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #565 of 7,442
Listening to my monks again. Missed them a lot when I left them at work over the weekend. My only complaint is the very high highs are a bit sparkly for me, if you like your treble to sparkle these are great phones, I probably will switch my Project Polaris to the low bandwidth when I get home  and plug them in though.

I find the overall sound to be more musical than my E100 but using directly out of my phone the treble is a bit much sometimes for me! But I am very sensitive to treble and often times I EQ it out. for non-EQ usage I might actually grab the E100 over these simply because my ears are easily fatigued with a lot of high end. the detail is really impressive though! i feel like it's having little tiny stax lambdas in my ears, so i'm happy with the sound and just deal with the treble sparkle :)
just try Ve Zen2.0 :ok_hand:

there is not bright, not sibilance, not discomfort of long listening

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #568 of 7,442
VE Monk fans, here's an album that sounds amazing on these headphones!
What a great headphone for vocal house!

Well I thought it was great with every genre. :D

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #569 of 7,442
Oh this is the most wanted earphone on my list, ever since I have read this topic and realised it was not sold on AE any more :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back