[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 30, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #3,451 of 7,442
Why is VE Monk thread getting bogged-down with Sound Science discussion?

Think I'll play around with the accessories kit this weekend. So far I've just been using full foamies on Monk Plus. Need to try foam and silicon donuts!
because a 75 ohm adapter do make a difference to the sound :p

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,452 of 7,442
because a 75 ohm adapter do make a difference to the sound :p

No, not that, my man. All this banter about ALAC / FLAC vs. WAV doesn't seem to belong in earbud thread. That's all.

I actually tried 75ohm adapter with original Monk early in the thread with positive results. Don't need to convince me about that.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,453 of 7,442
No, not that, my man. All this banter about ALAC / FLAC vs. WAV doesn't seem to belong in earbud thread. That's all.

I actually tried 75ohm adapter with original Monk early in the thread with positive results. Don't need to convince me about that.
haha yes the banter! Nice. Ever since I know about the ER4PT-ER4S, I always use the 75 ohm adapter :p

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #3,454 of 7,442
I've just spent the last half hour moving the off topic posts about WAV vs FLAC/ALAC to their own thread on Sound Science.  The ones regarding impedance have been left here as they directly relate to the Monks - the others don't.

Please - no more off topic.

SS thread is here if interested - http://www.head-fi.org/t/806776/uncompressed-lossless-wav-vs-compressed-flac-alac-o-t-discussion-moved-from-main-forum-thread

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,455 of 7,442
I hold onto the foam either at the top, or the bottom, then stretch the foam over the other end. Works every time, then you just adjust the foam after it is on to your desired position.

I think I'm just too rough haha. Ended up tearing all but one of my foams.

I'll be waiting to see if someone I know can score me an expansion pack as the foams don't really help. The monk+ just keep falling out of my ear. I'm guessing the ear guides would help keep them in place

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #3,456 of 7,442
That reminds me, I really should order the Hiegi foams and donuts.  I know people recommend them, and I can get a pack of either for $5.50 with Amazon prime shipping.  I'm sure I can get them cheaper, but not having to wait a couple weeks does have it's benefits.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #3,457 of 7,442
I think I'm just too rough haha. Ended up tearing all but one of my foams.

I'll be waiting to see if someone I know can score me an expansion pack as the foams don't really help. The monk+ just keep falling out of my ear. I'm guessing the ear guides would help keep them in place

My hope is the same. I really like the Monk sound (and hopefully the Monk+ when they arrive), but fit is an issue for me. Thought I would try the expansion pack as a result.

May 1, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #3,458 of 7,442
That reminds me, I really should order the Hiegi foams and donuts.  I know people recommend them, and I can get a pack of either for $5.50 with Amazon prime shipping.  I'm sure I can get them cheaper, but not having to wait a couple weeks does have it's benefits.

Yeah AE is the same as price but linger shipping.

Will have to check the foams on there. I think it's the 3rd Amazon option for them

May 1, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #3,459 of 7,442

Yea I'm meeting my friend later to try them out. Heard that they're extra thick. So that might help with keeping them in my ears

May 1, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #3,460 of 7,442
I think the monk is easier to listen tofor my nonAudiophilefrens :)

May 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,462 of 7,442
ok just got monks. i have to say that the ratio of sound for the price is awesome...

BUT.
its not as awesome how everyone pictured it here. ive read like random 600 comments about it and in the end im a bit dissapointed in the sound.
so in the end ive even got a bonus lesson on top of that. dont trust that much random internet users... even if there is 600 hundred of them.

of course i will use them, they are quite good. but not that much as it was praised here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back