2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #196 of 693
You know none of us Cornish eat that Hevva cake. It's nice, but against the Lardy Cake it seems like comparing the iDSD against the Mojo - a poor substitute
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #197 of 693
Hi all. I've started a kit list on the front page. It's very much a work in progress and will grow (a lot!) in the run up to the meet. Please note the following....

1. Feel free to take a look at the High End Headphones website. If there's anything in particular you'd like Paul & Wendy to bring, please let me know. We've agreed that I'll collate a list of all requests and forward them on to Paul as the meet approaches.

2. For those bringing gear to the meet, please share the details either by posting in this thread or send me a PM.  Previous experience has shown that it's really helpful for the organizers to have a good idea of kit & table requirements...the 2015 meet was very popular and we ran out of table space! 

Probably worth mentioning, just to avoid the PM storm...I've already put the Focal Utopia on the list I'll be sending Paul & Wendy 
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #198 of 693
  Update- I have been given the time off! So count me in for one of these rooms and I'll be bringing modded HD800s , HE-6s, Alpha Dogs and  AKG K1000s bass heavy as well as a heavyweight high end First Watt Power Amp of stunning quality built by our very own @dill3000 

Hi Takeanidea, will it be permissable to listen to the AKG k1000's in the quiet room, given their nature?

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #199 of 693

Hi Takeanidea, will it be permissable to listen to the AKG k1000's in the quiet room, given their nature?

​I really don't know at this stage - they are very rare and I have some work to do on the cable and I'm not sure whether I want to be removed from the action in a side room. I will have them with me and all things are possible

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #202 of 693
Ok so, first announcement is that our co-sponsor Highendheadphones.co.uk will be offering a 10% DISCOUNT on all headphones and related items (amps/dacs/daps/etc) at the meet. There are some headphones I can think of that are virtually never discounted, so you may want take advantage of this if you're in the market for something soon.

Second announcement is that our man Mark Dolbear (@ElectroMod) will be bringing a HUGE COLLECTION OF SCHIIT to the meet for us to play with. As the official Schiit.eu.com, Mark has the lot. If I can remember all the abbreviations correctly, this will include...

Freya, Saga, Yggy, Rag, Gumby, Bimby, Mimby, Joti, Fulla 2

Mark is also the official MrSpeakers UK distributor and will be bringing along the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow, hopefully along with the brand new ÆON ! He also suggested there may be some ex-demo gear available for cheaps on the day 
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #205 of 693
Exquisite news!

Gonna be nice to listen to the Aeons as a teaser, would get it by the end of that month 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #206 of 693
  Ok so, first announcement is that our co-sponsor Highendheadphones.co.uk will be offering a 10% DISCOUNT on all headphones and related items (amps/dacs/daps/etc) at the meet. There are some headphones I can think of that are virtually never discounted, so you may want take advantage of this if you're in the market for something soon.

Second announcement is that our man Mark Dolbear (@ElectroMod) will be bringing a HUGE COLLECTION OF SCHIIT to the meet for us to play with. As the official Schiit.eu.com, Mark has the lot. If I can remember all the abbreviations correctly, this will include...

Freya, Saga, Yggy, Rag, Gumby, Bimby, Mimby, Joti, Fulla 2

Mark is also the official MrSpeakers UK distributor and will be bringing along the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow, along with the brand new ÆON ! He also suggested there may be some ex-demo gear available for cheaps on the day 
wink.gif

Ah Jesus i better start saving   

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #210 of 693

I'm planning* to bring along my Simon Shilton Aoide Headphone Amplifier.
Custom wound 30/120 ohm transformers, DHT E55L NOS valves. Toxic silver cable wiring...
So far it's the only one, though Simon has a second in build.

*Planning as my CD developed a left channel issue, and then my HM901S also developed an issue.
so I'm almost sourceless this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back