2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #661 of 693
Hi all!  Exciting news this morning, it's been confirmed that the incredible new "Sonic Enhancement" device from Rane, the PI 14 Pseudoacoustic Infector will be on demo at the meet for the first time anywhere!

Personally, I think this is a game-changer, make sure you check out http://www.rane.com/pi14.html for all the details and let me know if you agree! 

L3000.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #664 of 693
Now I have my first baby on the way I will have to let go of my OPPO HA1 if anyone's interested and unused audio engine A5+. Why are prams so expensive.
Selling both for £450.
Coming with me:
Mytek Brooklyn
Linear power supply Sbooster.
Balanced isolation transformer
power inspired sinewave generator
DC offset filter
Some IFI toys for people to play with.
Intona in a custom case.
Just a phone as transport but I can now play MQA on UAAP.
Upgraded Mr Speakers Ethers.
I am mainly coming to let people try the power gear and say thanks for all the help from you guys.
The slightly lumpy wife's coming so will try and get to the hotel tonight.
When the sickness dies down.
Will be lovelY to meet you all.

Cu all later

Dave

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #667 of 693

@FortisFlyer75 Yeah, living in the middle of nowhere and not driving is a bit of a pain at times.

Other than that, yes, I did end up at Headroom last Saturday, within the confines of this thread, I don't think the Utopias are worth anywhere near twice the price of the SEM1, actually quite disappointed considering the hype train...

Guess that kind of tells you that I'm not letting mine go anytime soon
smily_headphones1.gif
- did you get to grab a listen to a pair last weekend?

Hopefully by looks of it you might have a Knight in shining car to take you from the posts? 

Nothing wrong in going to check out the other side mate ; )

Both the Focals were better than i actually thought they were going to be and have heard the Utopias on three higher end bits of kit that can get good performance from them but would agree on sound alone they are not £3K cans, same as the top Audeze is not £4k nice a sound as that is.  

Heard the SE1 for a third time but was lucky enough to hear it in the upstairs room that was originally meant to be closed to press for release of their new daps and closed back can so had it quiter than the other times to listen properly and am still smitten with the sound of them although at that price point there are four open back cans I would love to own even though I can only wear one pair at a time but have decided the one I will probably go for will be the SE1 due to it maybe becoming extinct in the near future and maybe becoming hard to get and rare.  

The new Pioneer closed back was very impressive for £900 and sounded very spacious for a closed back with good timing and imaging which will suit  their new daps very well. 

Now I have my first baby on the way I will have to let go of my OPPO HA1 if anyone's interested and unused audio engine A5+. Why are prams so expensive.

Selling both for £450.

Coming with me:

Mytek Brooklyn

Linear power supply Sbooster.

Balanced isolation transformer

power inspired sinewave generator

DC offset filter

Some IFI toys for people to play with.

Intona in a custom case.

Just a phone as transport but I can now play MQA on UAAP.

Upgraded Mr Speakers Ethers.

I am mainly coming to let people try the power gear and say thanks for all the help from you guys.

The slightly lumpy wife's coming so will try and get to the hotel tonight.

When the sickness dies down.

Will be lovelY to meet you all.

Cu all later

Dave

Congrats on wife been pregnant
biggrin.gif

Mytek Brooklyn heard at Canjam last year and enjoyed very much, will be nice to hear that again if okay with you. 

You certainly got some serious power supply gear there which certainly does make a difference in a setup when done right.  

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow 
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #671 of 693
Will be driving up from Farnborough tomorrow morning. If anyone wanted a lift on the way or wanted a lift to a after meet meal, I am happy to take them.

No screaming allowed though.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #672 of 693
Apr 1, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #673 of 693
Late, stop press item for sale :)

Focal Listen headphones

Hope you had a nice evening

cheers Andrew

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #674 of 693
Hopefully by looks of it you might have a Knight in shining car to take you from the posts? 

Both the Focals were better than i actually thought they were going to be and have heard the Utopias on three higher end bits of kit that can get good performance from them but would agree on sound alone they are not £3K cans, same as the top Audeze is not £4k nice a sound as that is.  

Heard the SE1 for a third time but was lucky enough to hear it in the upstairs room that was originally meant to be closed to press for release of their new daps and closed back can so had it quiter than the other times to listen properly and am still smitten with the sound of them although at that price point there are four open back cans I would love to own even though I can only wear one pair at a time but have decided the one I will probably go for will be the SE1 due to it maybe becoming extinct in the near future and maybe becoming hard to get and rare.  

The new Pioneer closed back was very impressive for £900 and sounded very spacious for a closed back with good timing and imaging which will suit  their new daps very well. 
Yes, agreed - the closed ones interest me for commuter cans :)

...Probably a bit daft, but - only really listen to the SEM1s on the weekend, so - even though the clock is heading steadily towards 1am, I'm still sat here listening quite happily - don't really want to take them off - but, better had!

Catch you a bit later :)

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #675 of 693

Yes, agreed - the closed ones interest me for commuter cans
smily_headphones1.gif

...Probably a bit daft, but - only really listen to the SEM1s on the weekend, so - even though the clock is heading steadily towards 1am, I'm still sat here listening quite happily - don't really want to take them off - but, better had!

Catch you a bit later
smily_headphones1.gif

Like having a treat or reward for hard weeks work allowing yourself a listen to the SE1's! 

1AM on dial, never been there
basshead.gif

Looking forward to catching up with you if we get time as we both know how fast these shows go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back