2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #616 of 693
  Might bring along my Trinity PM4's for sale and my UE TF10's. The PM4's have around 3 hours use, no more.

I may consider bringing mine. I'll never be listening to them. Might as well hock them. Shall we collude on a price floor? Openly? In public? How bout it?
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #617 of 693
Sounds good to me! Unfortunately I can no longer use IEM's, something has changed within my ears and it's now not possible for me to use them and I have built up a nice collection as well, absolute bummer! I have a set of Vyrus units and a Bluetooth connector, again not really used, what a waste and not to mention the PM6 and the Master I still have on order!!!! GRRRRRRR.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #618 of 693
@Dickymint can you bring that Shanling in your pic? I've been wanting to get a listen to some of their gear.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #621 of 693
  Sounds good to me! Unfortunately I can no longer use IEM's, something has changed within my ears and it's now not possible for me to use them and I have built up a nice collection as well, absolute bummer! I have a set of Vyrus units and a Bluetooth connector, again not really used, what a waste and not to mention the PM6 and the Master I still have on order!!!! GRRRRRRR.

I feel very guilty about my previous joke now, apologies
redface.gif

By way of consolation, I think I went to Goole (or near there), years ago.
Some martial arts class (Systema). One could say I have 'painful memories' of the place
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #622 of 693
Hi all. Another update from Paul & Wendy @ Highendheadphones.

They've just received some brand new Chasing The Dragon Binaural CD’s and will have them for sale at the meet @ £20 each.  I've heard some of their previous recordings at the National Audio Show & they were really impressive, so definitely worth a listen.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #623 of 693
Meet Etiquette Guidelines

Almost there now, hurrah!  Most of the old-timers will have seen this already, but it's still useful as a refresher and of course for people who've not been to a meet before. These guidelines were generated by various people over a number of years (since 2009 at least) but are still as relevant today. Please do take the time to read through them. We want everyone's precious gear to end the day in the same condition it started. Thanks!

Personal Hygiene is important.
* Wash your hair and your ears--and behind your ears.
* Avoid the use of products like hair gel, hair spray, mousse, etc. Seriously, some of the headphones you'll have the opportunity to try cost more than a good used car. I don't want your hair gunk on my headphones, thanks.
* Clean out your ears so you can hear better.
* Don't forget the deodorant (THIS goes for Oldtimers as well). Baby powder & cologne are not adequate substitutes.
* With all the gear & other members, it gets warm in the room. Dress accordingly.

The most important thing of all is to have fun.
* Meets are Great, so be prepared to have a great day with fellow Head-fi members.
* Bring whatever gear you want. If you don't have any, that's OK. Just bring your ears.
* You can try whatever gear you want but be polite, ask permission, don't be a gear hog, etc.
* If you have any questions about gear, look for the owner and ask. Or just ask whoever is listening (after they're done).
* Everyone is very friendly and will be glad to answer you.
* Do not be shy.
* Mingle.
* You will find everyone to be very friendly & helpful.
* Most of all enjoy yourself & take the opportunity to hear gear you normally wouldn't get a chance to, or are thinking of buying.

Get organized.
* Take a mental (or written) list of what you want to hear. If you do this before the meet, leave some time to look around and listen to some surprises.
* You'll be overwhelmed with the amount of gear that will be at the meet.
* Read the impressions thread afterward. You'll realize you missed listening to something you wanted to hear.
* Time Flies at these meets.

Remember that you're trying out another member's gear.
* Treat all gear with the utmost respect.
* Ask if you're not sure how to operate any gear, or you're just curious about the system setup. Some gear requires headphones to be plugged in at all times, some gear doesn't like it when you unplug headphones unless the volume is turned all the way around. Don't just assume that everything works the same way. Just ask, it can save a lot of heartache.
* Respect the owner's wishes.
* Give it all the velvet cushion treatment.
* If you have any doubt or questions, ask.
* Do not place headphones on top of other gear--if you're not sure where to put it, ask the owner.
* Do not remove any gear from a setup without the owner's permission.
* Do not remove any cables or make any other changes to the setup without the owner's permission.
* If you do take gear away from a table, or borrow cables, adapters, or power strips, try to remember where you got it from, and bring it back when you're done. In all the excitement, it's easy to forget where you got that 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone adapter.
* If you listen loud remember to lower the volume for the next person.
* If you don't know or are just curious about something, ask someone. Anyone. Someone knows, or knows someone who knows.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #625 of 693
YIPPEE! I'll have 2 CD players at the meet to play them on. 
smile.gif
  I'm old-school not old. 

Quote:
  Hi all. Another update from Paul & Wendy @ Highendheadphones.

They've just received some brand new Chasing The Dragon Binaural CD’s and will have them for sale at the meet @ £20 each.  I've heard some of their previous recordings at the National Audio Show & they were really impressive, so definitely worth a listen.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #627 of 693
Nice. Though he did bang it about a bit!  
eek.gif

Quote:
  Stoking the hype train.... Paul has shot a video showing off the Hugo 2 & its pretty colours. He's a lot more jolly in person, honest!
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #629 of 693
Brave man. Blew mine up with cordite tape in a quarry - very cathartic!
atsmile.gif

Quote:
  I'll be bringing along my LH Labs Pulse X-Infinity + LPS for sale at a price waaayy less than it cost me!

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #630 of 693
For anyone interested in noise cancelling headphones, I'll have the new Sony MDR-1000X to play with at the meet. They're getting tons of great press from all over at the moment and are being heralded as the new king of noise cancellation (better than Bose). 

I actually agree with Jude on these, overall they're absolutely superb and the noise cancellation is stellar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back