2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #541 of 693

Hi Turrican2.

You - and anyone else - are more than welcome to give this girl a whirl lol! And yes, Feliks-Audio did a very good job with the 'inexpensive' Elise, but they have surpassed themselves with the Euforia...it started out with my asking for just a few upgrades to my Elise, but by the time Boss man Henryk Feliks had finished his design, it ended up a very different animal, even though externally they look almost the same!...(upgraded caps; new Dale/Caddock resistor circuits; pure silver wiring; upgraded transformer; Teflon, gold plated sockets and a few other alterations/additions). So in effect, my innocent (?!) request became their next model!!

And to answer your question...yes indeed! ...In fact I still can't believe the difference/improvement over Elise - thankfully now being confirmed by the first four to receive their own amps (which have even more upgrades over my 'prototype').

And thanks for your replies @smial1966 and @pedalhead...look forward to meeting you again...(better get booking that room then - thanks!). And great work you're doing once again for the rest of us...CHEERS!...

thanks, my wallet weaps in anticipation....

Look forward to seeing you there

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #542 of 693

thanks, my wallet weaps in anticipation....

Look forward to seeing you there

If your T1s (v2) sound anything like my v1s in this amp, there could well be a good few tears shed lol!
wink_face.gif
...I swear these two amps were made especially for our Beyers!!

And ditto...

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #543 of 693
Mar 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #544 of 693

Hi Andy.

Thanks for prompting me to get off my a** and book that room...got a nice looking King Bed "Executive" room for the same rate as a standard double (still not cheap though, but gotta be more convenient for the Sunday...especially if it's raining lol!! But keep your hands off the included "Mineral Water and Chocolates"!!!
wink_face.gif
...CHEERS!...).

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #545 of 693

UK meet

Conversation between pedalhead and me
[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/8/81/38x38px-ZC-81cc36ee_avatar-120-5.jpg[/img]
VGoghs earfrmsc
Feb 6, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Hi would it be possible for
STAX L700
OPPO PM-1 or PM-2, OPPO HA-1 combo

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4a/38x38px-ZC-4aac47e2_pedalhead_400_sharp_trans.gif[/img]
pedalhead
Feb 6, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Hi mate,

Sure thing, I'll put in a request to Paul & Wendy for those items.

Thanks,

Mark.

To: pedalhead   (change recipients)

Quote: Originally Posted by VGoghs earfrmsc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When will the kit list be updated? It would be nice to know this, so that we can ask attendees if they might bring it along if Paul and Wendy don't/can't.
Quote: 
When will the kit list be updated? It would be nice to know this, so that we can ask attendees if they might bring it along if Paul and Wendy don't/can

Quote:
  1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4a/100x100px-LS-4aac47e2_pedalhead_400_sharp_trans.gif[/img]
  1. pedalhead
  2. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  4. offline
  1. 1,788 Posts. Joined 10/2005
  2. Location: Oxford, UK

When will the kit list be updated? It would be nice to know this, so that we can ask attendees if they might bring it along if Paul and Wendy don't/can't.

I'll update the kit list tomorrow.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/94/100x100px-LS-944d3d9b_requiemstock___Nautlius_Shell2_by_requiemstock.jpeg[/img]
  1. smial1966
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
  4. offline
  1. 2,274 Posts. Joined 9/2010
  2. Location: Norfolk (UK)

Mark (pedalhead) updates it fairly regularly. Is there anything specific that you're hoping to see/audition at the meet?

Any news on the kit list update?
Maybe I could have repeated my request here, but having recieved a reply from pedalhead saying he would ask I left it.
  1. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  3. offline
  Where are these alleged kit list updates?

1. pedalhead
  2. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  4. offline
  Where are these alleged kit list updates?

Is there something in particular you want to put on the list?

1. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
  3. online
  1. 2,275 Posts. Joined 9/2010
  2. Location: Norfolk (UK)
I asked him this very question in an earlier post and received no reply. Bit odd to keep banging on about kit list updates and not specifically mention what you're interested in auditioning!  
confused.gif

Quote:

Is there something in particular you want to put on the list?

I refer you to my PM for my particular requests.
Why wouldn't anyone answer my question of where these lists were, ignorance is not a sin and I asked several times. I only find out through your answer to another person where the list was. I also take it by your reply to someone else that I am one of these
Originally Posted by pedalhead 

I may have missed the odd post here & there. Could you let me know again please? Cheers.

Or is there some other reason for this?
I dont know how readable this will be, having to quote PM's and posts is another ignorance of mine, so forgive me

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #546 of 693
I have no idea why you are repeating these posts and am not entirely sure what your point is. Suffice to say that Mark (pedalhead) and I are amateurs - as in not being paid nor doing this for commercial gain - with full time jobs both updating this thread whenever we can.

So if the meet kit list doesn't get updated as speedily or as often as you'd like, then I'm sorry but frankly I don't give a damn.

UK meet

VGoghs earfrmsc

STAX L700

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4a/38x38px-ZC-4aac47e2_pedalhead_400_sharp_trans.gif[/img]

pedalhead

Hi mate,

Thanks,

Mark.

Quote: 
Quote:

• 1,788 Posts. Joined 10/2005

Why wouldn't anyone answer my question of where these lists were, ignorance is not a sin and I asked several times. I only find out through your answer to another person where the list was. I also take it by your reply to someone else that I am one of these

I may have missed the odd post here & there. Could you let me know again please? Cheers.

I dont know how readable this will be, having to quote PM's and posts is another ignorance of mine, so forgive me

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #547 of 693
Pre-meet party in your palatial room. :)

Hi Andy.

Thanks for prompting me to get off my a** and book that room...got a nice looking King Bed "Executive" room for the same rate as a standard double (still not cheap though, but gotta be more convenient for the Sunday...especially if it's raining lol!! But keep your hands off the included "Mineral Water and Chocolates"!!! :wink_face: ...CHEERS!...).

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #548 of 693
Are you even in the UK?!? As the time stamp on your post says it was submitted at 1:52pm when it's over seven hours later here. Which suggests that you're not even in Europe! :confused:

UK meet

VGoghs earfrmsc

STAX L700

pedalhead

Hi mate,

Thanks,

Mark.

Quote: 
Quote:

• 1,788 Posts. Joined 10/2005

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #550 of 693
vkvedam 

I'll ensure that Mark conveys your request to Paul. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Mark/Andy
Could I put in a request for a Chord Poly audition? Or is it too late?
Thanks
Ven

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #553 of 693

UK meet

I'm wondering whether the more the merrier applies to you in relation to the headfiers we want to see come to our show on Sunday. Maybe an apology for an unintentional rudeness would go a long way here? Most things are forgiveable and perhaps your posting.g was down to being over excited about all this amazing kit which you'll be able to try to your heart's content?

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #554 of 693
The IMS has had lots of use and I really like it . I don't suppose that's a very scientific approach to our hobby. However, what I have done is taken a recording of 2 sections of 2 well known tracks and recorded them through the headphone out of my wonderful prize and the headphone out of the Fostex HPA4 BL Dacamp. Here are the results 

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #555 of 693
Andy - remember the Cambridge meet, did you issue name badges? or was it stickers? Do you have any left for this meet by any chance?  always nice to know who you're talking to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back