2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #526 of 693

I may have missed the odd post here & there. Could you let me know again please? Cheers.

Sorry, confused; are you saying you want me to post that list again here?
Or PM it to you?
Or you are talking about someone else's answer/something completely different?
tongue_smile.gif

Apologies, am in a bit of a daze at the moment after a long day lol

Nope I was replying to @Ra97oR who mentioned I hadn't updated the kit list with his gear.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816392/2017-uk-head-fi-meet-april-2nd-milton-keynes/210#post_13289835

Thanks in advance.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #531 of 693
I asked him this very question in an earlier post and received no reply. Bit odd to keep banging on about kit list updates and not specifically mention what you're interested in auditioning!  
confused.gif

Quote:

Is there something in particular you want to put on the list?

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #532 of 693
  What time are people intending to get there on the Saturday? Whilst intending to make the most of my time there I shall be moving my son into his new place in the morning. Assuming I'm finished by midday it'll be 1600 for me

I'll aim to be there mid afternoon I think, may as well get there in good time :)

Mark - If you think Paul and Wendy may need help to get organised , let me know, I live about 2 miles away :)

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #536 of 693
Hi @pedalhead...and anyone who may be interested!...hopefully(!) there will be space for my gear also lol
bigsmile_face.gif
.  At Cambridge last time I brought the Feliks-Audio Elise tube headphone amp (one of which was also donated as a prize), and this time I'm bringing its successor - the Euforia, along with a custom tube DAC, a "PowerInspired" Mains Regenerator, Beyer T1 (v1) and either laptop or small media player box as source....and possibly a Tacima multi-socket mains conditioner/filter.

As you can see from the photos, I'll probably need a fair bit of space!!
wink_face.gif
....really looking forward to the meet once again, and will probably make life easier by booking in the hotel for Sat. night (coming from Lowestoft, Suffolk)...CHEERS!...   :

Feliks-Audio 'Euforia'; mesh plate Valvo EL11 drivers (adapted using pure silver wire);
Telefunken EL12 Spezial powers (adapted similarly)....(stock config actually 6SN7/6AS7G).

See you there!!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #537 of 693
I'd suggest contacting the hotel soonest as it's hosting a wedding reception Saturday (1st April) evening and it might already be full.

Attendees with equipment to set up can enter the venue from 09:00 on Sunday morning. There should be plenty of room for everyone.      

Quote:
  Hi @pedalhead...and anyone who may be interested!...hopefully(!) there will be space for my gear also lol
bigsmile_face.gif
.  At Cambridge last time I brought the Feliks-Audio Elise tube headphone amp (one of which was also donated as a prize), and this time I'm bringing its successor - the Euforia, along with a custom tube DAC, a "PowerInspired" Mains Regenerator, Beyer T1 (v1) and either laptop or small media player box as source....and possibly a Tacima multi-socket mains conditioner/filter.

wink_face.gif
....really looking forward to the meet once again, and will probably make life easier by booking in the hotel for Sat. night (coming from Lowestoft, Suffolk)...CHEERS!...   :

Feliks-Audio 'Euforia'; mesh plate Valvo EL11 drivers (adapted using pure silver wire);
Telefunken EL12 Spezial powers (adapted similarly)....(stock config actually 6SN7/6AS7G).

See you there!!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #539 of 693
bigsmile_face.gif

wink_face.gif

See you there!!
darthsmile.gif

I would love to try this with my T1.2 cans!  I've heard great things about the T1.2 and Feliks Audio Elise.  Do you prefer this over the Elise with your T1s?

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #540 of 693

I would love to try this with my T1.2 cans!  I've heard great things about the T1.2 and Feliks Audio Elise.  Do you prefer this over the Elise with your T1s?

Hi Turrican2.

You - and anyone else - are more than welcome to give this girl a whirl lol! And yes, Feliks-Audio did a very good job with the 'inexpensive' Elise, but they have surpassed themselves with the Euforia...it started out with my asking for just a few upgrades to my Elise, but by the time Boss man Henryk Feliks had finished his design, it ended up a very different animal, even though externally they look almost the same!...(upgraded caps; new Dale/Caddock resistor circuits; pure silver wiring; upgraded transformer; Teflon, gold plated sockets and a few other alterations/additions). So in effect, my innocent (?!) request became their next model!!

And to answer your question...yes indeed! ...In fact I still can't believe the difference/improvement over Elise - thankfully now being confirmed by the first four to receive their own amps (which have even more upgrades over my 'prototype').

And thanks for your replies @smial1966 and @pedalhead...look forward to meeting you again...(better get booking that room then - thanks!). And great work you're doing once again for the rest of us...CHEERS!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back