2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #377 of 693

Trev the DAVE is the outstanding component in TheAttorney rig, so unless a comparative setup has DAVE as it's DAC, then there really will be no sonic contest whatsoever.

He may not have a Dave but he's got one helluva Fred

I had no idea what you meant by Fred, but it made me think of You've Got a Friend, so here ya go.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #378 of 693
Any idea if Hugo 2 will make an appearance?

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #379 of 693
  Don't forget Andy has a DAVE too. There will also be some surprises there, I imagine. I definitely would like High End Headphones to bring their DAVE. I still haven't got a listen to DAVE or the AK380 Copper et al.--folks tell me the copper sounds better, which makes no sense, but I'll try it.

Paul & Wendy are definitely bringing their Dave...I visited them yesterday to discuss things 
bigsmile_face.gif

Any idea if Hugo 2 will make an appearance?

I'll check and let you know if they have one in stock.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #380 of 693
Sounds great. I can't wait.

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #381 of 693
  @TheAttorney's DAVE + HEKv2 vs @dill3000's modded HE-6 + beast vs @negura's modded HE-6 + monoblock amplifiers

This is going to be awesome
o2smile.gif

Gosh. I'm glad I restricted my challenge to Utopia. With all these super modded HE-6's (and HD800's) around driven by super amps, I don't know what to expect.

Oh what the heck. Bring it on guys......
smile_phones.gif

PS. The HD800 mod better be good, 'cos a standard HD800S driven by Dave did very little for me.

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #384 of 693
  Gosh. I'm glad I restricted my challenge to Utopia. With all these super modded HE-6's (and HD800's) around driven by super amps, I don't know what to expect.

Oh what the heck. Bring it on guys......
smile_phones.gif

PS. The HD800 mod better be good, 'cos a standard HD800S driven by Dave did very little for me.

HEK + DAVE will definitely win on elegance and detail, but I reckon the HE-6 will be more engaging and punchy. I'm also curious to see what the DAVE's headphone amplification is like.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #385 of 693
I have the HE6 and the HD800. The HD800 is my favourite for certaqin tracks, the K1000 for others and the HE6 for different stuff again. Then on a certain day my mood can change. Horses for courses. I'm going to be able to try the HE1 on the 25th . That may well have an edge.
My favourite phones are the Utopia and the new Sony's are fabulous too

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #386 of 693
  I have the HE6 and the HD800. The HD800 is my favourite for certaqin tracks, the K1000 for others and the HE6 for different stuff again. Then on a certain day my mood can change. Horses for courses. I'm going to be able to try the HE1 on the 25th . That may well have an edge.
My favourite phones are the Utopia and the new Sony's are fabulous too

I have no idea how the HE1 stacks up with the original Orpheus, but I got to try the Orpheus at Canjam London. It sounded quite different to most other headphones, and was definitely the most natural sounding headphone I've ever heard. It makes other headphones appear to be trying too hard to capture every little detail. Definitely a great experience.

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #388 of 693
My new headlamp is called Aural Caelo which is Latin for Aural Heaven. Pretentious moi?!? :rolleyes:

If Chord can name their signature Dac after an English bloke, why can't Dillon?

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #390 of 693
Second entry 
Shearwater - Jet Plane and Oxbow 
whole album but especially this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teM6CN6VRXQ
not necessary know why but it gives me goosebumps 
and that's good in my book 

BTW looking at other entries I just realized how limited 
my discovery channels are ;[ - mostly new stuff comes from https://www.radioparadise.com
My go to music on the go. They rarely plays something fresh - mostly I find some gems from the past through them 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back