2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Aug 21, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #1,261 of 1,496
Aug 21, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #1,262 of 1,496
You have a link to this cable?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003307347901.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.78a51802HTyG1I
Links sometimes do not work, but here is a screen capture. It was slightly more expensive than i remembered. But yeah, perfect cable for me, really comfortable and i cant hear a difference to expensive ones( I also have Arts cable, but it is stiffer so i dont use it).
1661106895217.png

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #1,263 of 1,496
Aug 21, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #1,264 of 1,496
Aug 21, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #1,265 of 1,496
Aug 21, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #1,266 of 1,496
Thats a 4.4mm pentaflex version ? Do they have a 4 min XLR version?
You have options: 6.35mm, 4.4mm pentaconn , xlr just choose the one you like

Aug 29, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #1,267 of 1,496
Would you folks say that this a headphone that I can use for many hours of the day while I’m home working? I listen to genres from edm, classical, ambient, rock, jazz and so on. I’m very interested in it as it looks very light and comfy to wear. I’m also considering the arya stealth, hd800s and empyrean

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #1,269 of 1,496
Would you folks say that this a headphone that I can use for many hours of the day while I’m home working? I listen to genres from edm, classical, ambient, rock, jazz and so on. I’m very interested in it as it looks very light and comfy to wear. I’m also considering the arya stealth, hd800s and empyrean
I would say that the comfort is close to the HD660S level, only there is even less pressure on the head. The ear pads are not oval, but round, a little smaller and with good depth, they are slightly denser than the Sennheiser ones, but the pressure is moderate and they're heating you less. The cable is a bit stiff, so I twisted it to make it shorter. I am satisfied with the comfort, my neck does not get tired at all, as it was with 350 gram Fostex X00.
IMG_20220830_153838.jpg

It's just to make sure bud, as the only thing you mentioned is the missing label
I have the same problem (but I am the second owner of these headphone). Glue began to crawl out from under transparent sticker, and it began to slowly move out. I tried to just remove the sticker and wipe off the glue with a wet cloth, but then the black substance that serves as the background for the label also began to wear off. So I just glued the sticker back on and got rid of the glue around. It's a small design miscalculation from Audio-Technica and not a big deal for me, but I just would like impeccable quality for such a price. Reminder: Do not try to remove this sticker!
IMG_20220830_163457.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #1,270 of 1,496
As far as comfort goes…. They are probably up there with the best. Sound wise? Personal preferences play a huge role. Have a listen and compare when you get a chance.

Sep 7, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #1,271 of 1,496
I can drive the ADX quite well out of my Tazzy from its SE output, quite an upgrade over the Topping.
Im surprised at how well ADX5000 do with LoFi 🤣

Sep 7, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #1,272 of 1,496
Received them 3 days ago. They still continue to amaze me with their openness and depth of the sound stage, resolution and realism. I consider it an excellent upgrade after my HD660S. Interestingly enough, they sound full and beautiful with any music, even with the current not very powerful AT-HA22TUBE. Especially good with live concert recordings, old vinyl recordings, music with vocals and live instruments, OSTs. The bass is also full and deep, electronic music sounds great too. I was afraid of brightness, as in Beyerdynamic T1, but this is not here. Sibilants are not pronounced, but there is a presence of air around the instruments and room reverberations. I think that I felt something similar only with HE-6 and Stax. They are very responsive to changing interconnects or power cables in the audio path (surprisingly I managed to get an almost Sennheiser-like laidback signature, but greater in every aspect, just wow). And most importantly for me - they are really very light and comfortable, the ear pads are deep enough. And they just look gorgeous.
DSCF0524.JPG
DSCF0528.JPG
DSCF0532.JPG
Update: and now I listen to heavy music again, wow. Can't get over how great Korn - MTV Unplugged (2007) sounds right now!
Beyer T1 is actually warmer in comparison IMO.
Im also considering a Tube to drive both of them these days, now that I've reached my end game solid state, what I need is just more power and Tube to change things up my chain.
Now looking at Darkvoice, Xduoo TA-26 or maybe Bottlehead Crack?

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,273 of 1,496
Beyer T1 is actually warmer in comparison IMO.
I'm mostly familiar with 1 gen. version (and it's quite bright), but also listened to 2 gen. with Sennheiser HDV820 in the store. By brightness here I didn't mean the overall lighter sound presentation, but rather the tingling of emphasised 8 kHz region. Cymbals, sibilants, etc. are too pronounced. Here, I found some graphs for comparison.
And I agree with you about lofi, it's like better music now - spacious, airy, with lots of detail (especially real sounds like birds, rain, speech etc.). The bass feels big and cozy.
index.php
index.php

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #1,274 of 1,496
Right I have a feeling some of them are actually mastered using a headphone as that's most of their target demographic, tons of hidden detail on lofi also, the ADX make some of them just ethereal, none of my other gear can do the same as the ADX, no IER no T1 or Z1R.
I don't feel that peak on 8K maybe that's a low point on my ear gain sensitivity. I've also been using my Gen 1 T1 as my daily so it's basically my base point, yes my AD1000x and MA900 sounds muddy and congested sometimes after I swapped out of the T1 to them but going to either Z1Rs and ADX doesn't give me that impression, I also feel it's wide Soundstage make it less inoffensive on lots of songs for me.

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #1,275 of 1,496
Not for me sadly, I tried HD800s before and IMO they are very comfortable, the problem with ADX I have is it's clamping force, too tight for me, maybe I should try bending it out a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back