2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #826 of 1,496
I just realized it's hard to find parts of this headphone especially earpads, anyone knows where i can find original alcantara pads for this headphone for backup purpose and how much... the original pads its the best one i guess, cant stand the dekoni ones

I asked my local distributor here in my country, they said they didnot sell the sparepart of this headphones, i guess i must taking care this headphone carefully, they also can't fix other parts like headband if later somehow broken or bent or degraded

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #827 of 1,496
I just realized it's hard to find parts of this headphone especially earpads, anyone knows where i can find original alcantara pads for this headphone for backup purpose and how much... the original pads its the best one i guess, cant stand the dekoni ones

I asked my local distributor here in my country, they said they didnot sell the sparepart of this headphones, i guess i must taking care this headphone carefully, they also can't fix other parts like headband if later somehow broken or bent or degraded
https://zeppelinandco.com/products/yaxi-a2000z-ad2000x?_pos=3&_sid=510735243&_ss=r

These will fit adx5000.

Sep 26, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #828 of 1,496
Used my ADX5000 with my new Feliks Euforia. Everything that was not to my liking driven by a SS amp is now rectified with this superb OTL. I always thought it was a little hot and too aggressive with my SS amp, but now there is superb control on the driver and the mids bass and treble now seem to be in a perfect balance with no frequency now sounding aggressive nor too forward. I always thought it had a good stage height , now there is an increase in width and depth too along with all the resolution it was always well known for. So if you have an ADX5000, just get yourself a quality tube amp and you will be surprised with what this headphone is capable of.
ADX5000 are superb on quality tube amplification. The synergy with my 45 DHT is very good. Next step is to test them on hybrid setup i.e. DHT as preamp & power amp(direct from speaker taps).:fingers_crossed:

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #829 of 1,496
ADX5000 are superb on quality tube amplification. The synergy with my 45 DHT is very good. Next step is to test them on hybrid setup i.e. DHT as preamp & power amp(direct from speaker taps).:fingers_crossed:
I have couple stereo tube amps but I really never thought about using those as headphone amps...... What type connectors would I need and what do I need to look for?

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #830 of 1,496
I have couple stereo tube amps but I really never thought about using those as headphone amps...... What type connectors would I need and what do I need to look for?
Best is to get Hifiman speaker adapter. Going directly from speaker taps is not advised. One has to be very careful while adjusting the volume.

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #831 of 1,496
If you want to try directly from speaker taps then get a banana/spades to female xlr cable & directly connect male XLR of hp to it. Keep in mind the volume should be minimum before you connect your hps otherwise drivers will get damaged.

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #832 of 1,496
Best is to get Hifiman speaker adapter. Going directly from speaker taps is not advised. One has to be very careful while adjusting the volume.
Do you know what's the procedure of powering up such a setup? Headphones need to be connected before powering up? Setting preamp or DAC volume to minimum..... I'm new at this.

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #833 of 1,496
If you want to try directly from speaker taps then get a banana/spades to female xlr cable & directly connect male XLR of hp to it. Keep in mind the volume should be minimum before you connect your hps otherwise drivers will get damaged.
Got it. I guess I've been in the middle of writing when you replied.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #834 of 1,496
Do you know what's the procedure of powering up such a setup? Headphones need to be connected before powering up? Setting preamp or DAC volume to minimum..... I'm new at this.
What hps are you going to use? ADX5000 can take upto 1W at 420ohms. Ideally, low sensitivity planars(susvara,he6) go well with direct speaker taps. Other sensitive hps may have hum/noise issues especially with a tube power/integrated amp.

Sep 26, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #835 of 1,496

That's good practice for any setup!

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #836 of 1,496
What hps are you going to use? ADX5000 can take upto 1W at 420ohms. Ideally, low sensitivity planars(susvara,he6) go well with direct speaker taps. Other sensitive hps may have hum/noise issues especially with a tube power/integrated amp.
No particular headphone in mind, just exploring the possibilities. If anything, I might try ADX5000 with such a setup but purely from curiosity perspective. Maybe in the future I might decide to go with Audeze LCD-4 or similar flagship. Then, I could see using my 300b monos as an option. But at this point it’s nothing more then speculation.

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #837 of 1,496
Oct 24, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #840 of 1,496
also brainwavz tend to change hp sound tuning a bit too much, I've tried it on various headphones and it's always for the worse for me... comfort is indeed massively improved, but the demerit is too bad for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back