2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet March 26, 2016 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #256 of 283
Hey everyone,

If anyone has any of their favorite music on CD, please feel free to bring them tomorrow. Due to my current equipment circumstances (in between PC based front ends), I'll be forced to bring CD- based front ends. One is a stand alone player - the AMR CD-77 - and the other a Reimyo CD-777 as a transport into a Bricasti M-1 DAC. Old school, I know but I like em.

The Bricasti will also be available if anyone wants to run their laptop or portable via its USB input.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Frank

TOPNut (Tower of Power fan)

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #257 of 283
Hey everyone,

If anyone has any of their favorite music on CD, please feel free to bring them tomorrow. Due to my current equipment circumstances (in between PC based front ends), I'll be forced to bring CD- based front ends. One is a stand alone player - the AMR CD-77 - and the other a Reimyo CD-777 as a transport into a Bricasti M-1 DAC. Old school, I know but I like em.

The Bricasti will also be available if anyone wants to run their laptop or portable via its USB input.

Frank

Frank's rig is what got me into this mess. The Reimyo, Bricasti and Eddie Current powering HD 800s brought shivers to my spine.

I'm bringing the following CDs:

-Daughter - Not To Disappear
-Daughter - Live at AIR
-Counting Crows - August and Everything After - Mofi Version
-Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within and Into the Labrynth
-Jeff Buckley - Mystery White Boy

I'm super pumped for tomorrow!

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #258 of 283
All packed! Wow! I'm hoping to thin my headphone collection this weekend. Lol

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #259 of 283
I've got all my stuff packed up and ready to go.

LCD-X
T5p
HE-400i
K3003
Geek Pulse (x2 in case someone wants to buy one!)
Modded T50RP
Stock T20RP MK3

And a schiit load of cables.

I have the following adapters that I'll be bringing:

Audeze -> Hifiman/Oppo
HD800 -> Audeze
RSA Kobiconn ->3.5mm TRS
3.5mm ->1/4"
1/4" ->3.5mm

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #260 of 283
All packed up as well... can't wait for tomorrow.

So I did a bad thing and joined the latest massdrop for the latest TH-X00 with the purpleheart wood cups as they are just too gorgeous to pass up. I am looking for a fast, fun headphone to compliment my HD650's and I think, 'think' the TH-X00's will be what I am looking for. So now I really need to listen to the TH-X00's at the meetup. That and find a good deal on a proper amp to drive them... I am thinking a nice Lyr v2 would be just about right. And a Sys to easily switch between the Valahalla and Lyr... and a Wyrd for the USB (optical does not do ASIO as I have recently noticed). Ah, this hobby of ours.

See you all tomorrow!

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #261 of 283
Hey everyone,

Frank

Hi frank,
We need to meet. I have a Bricasti M1 SE in each of my two systems and just acquierd a pair of M28. My system has never sounded this good! 
Jose.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 26, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #262 of 283
John, stop the presses!

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it after all. My travel service messed up and booked me a flight out for a completely different Friday altogether. Sorry guys! :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #263 of 283
John, stop the presses!

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it after all. My travel service messed up and booked me a flight out for a completely different Friday altogether. Sorry guys!
frown.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #264 of 283

John, stop the presses!

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it after all. My travel service messed up and booked me a flight out for a completely different Friday altogether. Sorry guys!
frown.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just got back from the airport.  I'm experiencing such a profound combination of anger and disappointment right now, you don't even know.  
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #266 of 283
  All packed up as well... can't wait for tomorrow.

So I did a bad thing and joined the latest massdrop for the latest TH-X00 with the purpleheart wood cups as they are just too gorgeous to pass up. I am looking for a fast, fun headphone to compliment my HD650's and I think, 'think' the TH-X00's will be what I am looking for. So now I really need to listen to the TH-X00's at the meetup. That and find a good deal on a proper amp to drive them... I am thinking a nice Lyr v2 would be just about right. And a Sys to easily switch between the Valahalla and Lyr... and a Wyrd for the USB (optical does not do ASIO as I have recently noticed). Ah, this hobby of ours.

See you all tomorrow!

I did the same thing so I will be right next to you at the THX00 table. I need to check it out for size as those ear holes look pretty funky.  I just noticed today that the super tech named PETEREK that they talk about on Head-fi is from Michigan and is going to be at the meet.  We will have to talk to him about a detachable cable mod when they come in unless I buy something else at the meet and cancel the Purpleheart.  AL 

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #267 of 283
OK guys, I must be nuts, I just finished packing 450 pounds of amps (and power supplies) , CDPs, DACs and power conditioners and I haven't even started on the numerous 5 pound power cords and umbilicals, the headphones, the headphone stands, various footers and pucks, remotes, ICs, CDs . . . well you get the drift.

Any chance that those who say we head-fiers are crazy, obsessive-compulsive, fanatics are wrong or that they do not understand us, is diminishing by the minute!!  If someone at my office saw me right and found out what I was doing, they'd call the guys in the little white jackets to come get me.  Hell, many of you might do the same right now. Oh well, it's the cross we bear!!

See you guys in a few hours!!!

PS,  does anyone with a strong back who's a glutton for punishment want to help this OCD guy out unloading this stuff when I get there?

Frank

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #268 of 283
OK guys, I must be nuts, I just finished packing 450 pounds of amps (and power supplies) , CDPs, DACs and power conditioners and I haven't even started on the numerous 5 pound power cords and umbilicals, the headphones, the headphone stands, various footers and pucks, remotes, ICs, CDs . . . well you get the drift.

Any chance that those who say we head-fiers are crazy, obsessive-compulsive, fanatics are wrong or that they do not understand us, is diminishing by the minute!!  If someone at my office saw me right and found out what I was doing, they'd call the guys in the little white jackets to come get me.  Hell, many of you might do the same right now. Oh well, it's the cross we bear!!

See you guys in a few hours!!!

PS,  does anyone with a strong back who's a glutton for punishment want to help this OCD guy out unloading this stuff when I get there?

Frank

I am available to provide any necessary muscle...

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #269 of 283
  Hi frank,
We need to meet. I have a Bricasti M1 SE in each of my two systems and just acquierd a pair of M28. My system has never sounded this good! 
Jose.

Let's count on it Jose.  I have Lamm 1.2 Refs but have really been wanting to hear those Bricasti M28 monos.  Too bad the meet isn't in your living room!! :wink:

See you in a few hours!  I'll be the guy with the ruptured disc!!!

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back