2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet March 26, 2016 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #241 of 283
Guys,
I was not planning on bringing any equipment so I did not reserved any table top space but I just got two days ago a Liquid Crimson as part of the Cavalli "Evaluation tour".
This little amp is really good.
If somebody has space and want me to bring it to included in your table for other people to listen to let me know.

You're welcome to hook it up on top of my Gungnir MB if you'd like. It would probably be a nice pairing, and probably more people would want to hear it than my Valhalla 2. And they can always be swapped out.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #242 of 283
Hey everyone -

Ah, it's the calm before the storm here at OA.  Not all that calm really; the store just got a bit of a rush of customers while we're busy juggling things around to accommodate 18 8-foot tables in our lobby and our biggest dem room!  I think we're going to have a really good time in here tomorrow...

JEspina456, the place cards and nametags will look great - thanks for doing them.

We just received one of the Peachtree Shift portable headphone amp / DAC units to play with - it'll be here tomorrow.  We also just got a variety of headphone cables from ADL and CablePro for everyone to check out.

Since some of you are interested in trades and used gear, I should let you know that we just got in a pair of Stax SR007 MK1 headphones with the SRM007tII amp.  The 'phones have the hard case; no case for the amp.  The set is in good shape; it came from a friend of mine in California who bought it from us back in 2010 - turns out he just doesn't use headphones much.

We also just took in a pair of Grado SR 325s with the "G" cushions from one of our customers that will be here as well unless someone takes 'em home today.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow,

Keith

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #244 of 283
Hi Everyone-

I'm at work and have been swamped today. As far as confirmation emails, if you didn't receive one, that's OK. I didn't get around to sending them. If you're username is listed on the first post, you're good.

As far as the Liquid Crimson, we'll find space. I have never heard a Cavalli design but have always wanted to. I look at Cavalli and Eddie Current as two "boutique" brands that churn out world-class gear that seems to elude me...until tomorrow. That's what I feel the beauty of the meets represents. After all, how many of us have left a meet and NOT upgraded, changed or reconfigured our gear? If you say you haven't, you're lying...

At any rate, looking forward to a tremendous day tomorrow. I am sad for those who initially thought they could come but are unable to. We'll carry the torch this time around but you better make it next time!

Finally, I'll get an impressions thread up this evening so that it can be posted to at everyone's convenience tomorrow. Take lots of pictures, write many impressions...I think tomorrow is going to be a day to remember. After all, when I get home from the meet and retreat from the dog house my wife believes I should reside in, I will be cooking for Easter. :)

See you tomorrow!

Brian

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #245 of 283
Unfortunately, I need to unregister for attending the meet. A broken scapula and other life problems have put me a bit behind at work, and I can't spare the day on Saturday to drive over from GR and hang out.

Hope everyone has a log of fun!
biggrin.gif

WUT?  I finally get to make it out there and won't get to meet you?  
frown.gif
  Just kidding, please get better soon dude!

Couple more days til the meet. Name tags done, working on place cards....

Oh no!  I hate to be a bother, but is there any way I can get a last minute name tag?  
redface.gif
  I collect badges from every meet that I go to.  
smile.gif

Guys,
I was not planning on bringing any equipment so I did not reserved any table top space but I just got two days ago a Liquid Crimson as part of the Cavalli "Evaluation tour".
This little amp is really good.
If somebody has space and want me to bring it to included in your table for other people to listen to let me know.

Thanks Jose!  If someone could host this I would appreciate it.  I'm probably just going to bring a couple of Liquid Spark prototypes in my carry-on.  
smile.gif

Hey everyone -

Ah, it's the calm before the storm here at OA.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow,

Keith

Yup, I know how that goes.  Good luck with set-up, I'll see you guys tomorrow!
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #246 of 283
"Oh no! I hate to be a bother, but is there any way I can get a last minute name tag? :xf_eek: I collect badges from every meet that I go to. :smile:"

Sure thing, I'll make you one tonight as soon as I get home from trying to find something from my other hobby, craft beer. Looking for the elusive Perrin Brewing Company No Rules Brew!

John

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #248 of 283
You're welcome to hook it up on top of my Gungnir MB if you'd like. It would probably be a nice pairing, and probably more people would want to hear it than my Valhalla 2. And they can always be swapped out.

Thank you!
I am sure Warren and the Cavalli crew will appreciate it! 
beerchug.gif

I'll see you tomorrow.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #249 of 283

WUT?  I finally get to make it out there and won't get to meet you?  
frown.gif
  Just kidding, please get better soon dude!

Oh no!  I hate to be a bother, but is there any way I can get a last minute name tag?  
redface.gif
  I collect badges from every meet that I go to.  
smile.gif

Thanks Jose!  If someone could host this I would appreciate it.  I'm probably just going to bring a couple of Liquid Spark prototypes in my carry-on.  
smile.gif

Yup, I know how that goes.  Good luck with set-up, I'll see you guys tomorrow!
beerchug.gif

Wait a second...@warrenpchi is coming? I can't believe my eyes. Holy crap!

In light of this, I think I'm going to rename the meet from "2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Head-Fi Meet" to "2016 Southeastern Michigan How many Head-Fi Moderators and Admins can we get to attend out meet Meet"!

In all seriousness, looking forward to finally meeting!

Mar 25, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #251 of 283
Sure thing, I'll make you one tonight as soon as I get home from trying to find something from my other hobby, craft beer. Looking for the elusive Perrin Brewing Company No Rules Brew!

Thanks so much John!  If it's a pain or inconvenience, don't worry about it, I totally understand - especially with me being all last-minute and such.  
smile.gif
  Either way, thanks, I appreciate it!

Sneak a Liquid Tungsten on the plane :D

Sneak a Liquid Tungsten on the plane :D

I second that emotion!

I really wish I could guys!  And just for the record, I was seriously thinking about it, but I just can't risk it.  There's only one prototype in existence, is incredibly fragile at the moment, and we have no road case for it.  Plus, it's going off to be tested/measured soon, and Alex would kill me if anything happened to it.  Seeing as how I love my job... well, yeah, that's how it goes.  
redface.gif

That said, at the rate you guys are going, I'm pretty sure there's going to be another MI meet right around the time when our production units are ready.  
smile.gif

Thank you!
I am sure Warren and the Cavalli crew will appreciate it! 
beerchug.gif

I'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch John!  I can't remember who it is at the moment... but I know that someone out there is running a Gungnir MB + Crimson rig, and they enjoy it quite a bit!  
smile.gif

Wait a second...@warrenpchi is coming? I can't believe my eyes. Holy crap!

In light of this, I think I'm going to rename the meet from "2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Head-Fi Meet" to "2016 Southeastern Michigan How many Head-Fi Moderators and Admins can we get to attend out meet Meet"!

In all seriousness, looking forward to finally meeting!

Lol, totally +1!  
smile.gif
  I wanted to make the last one (in Pleasant Ridge I think?) but it just wasn't in the cards for me then.  But short of force majeure (sorry, I've been dealing with contracts lately), I'll be there this time!

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #252 of 283
  Unfortunately work and last minute family obligations have conspired to block my attendance tomorrow. 
mad.gif

Enjoy the aural festivities! Hope to catch you guys next time.

Sorry to hear that you will not be attending. I was looking forward to another session comparing the BHC and Valhalla v2 out of a miltibit BiFrost. Oh well, next time for sure!

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #253 of 283
Some headphone humor for the night before? 

How sex is like headphoning
Before you really get going you have to warm up the tube.
You can only discuss it with people as obsessed as you are.
Other people know you’ve been doing it just looking at your hair.
It’s the main reason you’re always on the net.
You have to keep changing positions to get comfortable.
When you’re done you get the sudden urge to go to sleep.
It scares the crap out of you when you’re doing it and someone sneaks up behind you.
You find out size really does matter. (to the IEM users out there)
When it peaks you close your eyes and shake your head.
You try it with other people but you know it’s really better by yourself.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #254 of 283
Also, some German headphone meet rules:

ACHTUNG - ALLES KOPFPHONERLISTENERS
Alles kopfphonerlisteners non-technischens! Das tubenmachine is nicht for gefengerpoken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenverk, blowenfus, und poppencap, mit spitzensparken, und smokentubes. Geverken inside der tubenmachine is fur der experten only. Is nicht fur geverken inside by das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken amateuren keepen das cotton-picken hands in das pockets. Just relaxen, enjoyen der musik, und vatchen das pretty glowentubes.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #255 of 283
Some headphone humor for the night before? 

How sex is like headphoning
Before you really get going you have to warm up the tube.

You can only discuss it with people as obsessed as you are.

Other people know you’ve been doing it just looking at your hair.

It’s the main reason you’re always on the net.

You have to keep changing positions to get comfortable.

When you’re done you get the sudden urge to go to sleep.

It scares the crap out of you when you’re doing it and someone sneaks up behind you.

You find out size really does matter. (to the IEM users out there)

When it peaks you close your eyes and shake your head.

You try it with other people but you know it’s really better by yourself.

I am having dinner at a restaurant with my wife and we just read your post...we were laughing hard and people were looking at us weird..: :stuck_out_tongue:

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back