2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Head-Fi Meet - March 26, 2016 - Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #76 of 82
Update to the LCD-X issue. I bought them back from the buyer and once I received them NEITHER driver was working. Insane. I contacted Audeze and am shipping them out for driver replacements tomorrow.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #78 of 82
Maybe shipping method? Package getting roughed up?

Either way Audeze would've made you buy two drivers though, Grizzlybeast had the same single sides issue and they said "gotta driver match".

I don't have to buy anything, I just have to pay to ship the headphones to them for the driver replacements. The headphones are still under warranty for another year and a half.

May 1, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #79 of 82
I was delighted to purchase from Overture Audio both the HiFiMAN HE-6 headphone, highly touted by many of the earlier impressions on this thread (and to go with my HiFiMAN EF-6 amp I had purchased previously from Overture), and the Grado GS1000i, which I had learned at least a year ago was even better than the newer GS1000e which I also got from Overture Audio.

I had been eyeing the GS1000i for over a year until the moment I could afford them, knowing that they were sitting, unloved by anyone but me, in the upper north west corner of the store's interior. I compared the GS1000i both to my GS1000e and my beloved RS2e (all of these purchased new from Overture Audio!).

The GS1000i have supplanted the RS2e as my highest-scoring in my comparison scores of my 26 Grados (yep... 26 - plus 2 Grado amps, 2 Grado wood boxes, and innumerable cables, pads, and adapters - largest private collection that I know of!).

I strongly recommend purchasing your new HiFiMAN and Grado headphones from Overture Audio when you can. Their knowledge is great, as is their customer service, and their prices, particularly for the i series of Grados! They have great relationships with both HiFiMAN and Grado, as witnessed by the door prizes they were able to secure for the March headphone meets. Brick and mortar wins over internet for Overture and me.

All From Overture Audio

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #80 of 82
Here is the link to the 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL meet thread:

Please check it out and send me your ideas!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816408/2016-southeastern-michigan-falll-head-fi-meet

John 

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #82 of 82
ATTENTION: I was just going through one of my bags from the spring meet and found a headphone cable. If anybody was missing a cable after the meeting, let me know. If you can describe it, I'll get it back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back