2016 Boulder/Denver CO Winter Meet (1/23)
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #16 of 27
I should be able to make it... sense I just live a few miles from Boulder.

Gear I can bring:

Sennheiser HD 650
Astrotec AX-60
Atomic Floyd SuperDarts
FiiO E12
ALO Audio Rx Mk3 B+
Project Ember with Franken Ember and Franken Ember Jr. setup
BTG-Audio's 8 strand SPC Headphone balanced cable for ALO and HD650
Audioquest Big Sur Mini to RCA 1.0m

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 27
Attendee list updated.

Btw, just wanted to remind everyone that there is a chance of the meet being canceled due to snow (see the Snow Policy in my post #1)—because, who knows, it might actually snow on the day of the meet, or right before. I think it'll be safe to call it by 1/20, since the local forecast should be relatively accurate by then.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 27
Thanks for the invite Steve.  I would love to hear your Bifrost 4490 in my setup and with my secret weapon.

Put me down as probable.  

Equipment List

HiFiMan 400S

Schiit Asgard 2

Matrix X-Sabre dac

Secret Weapon #1
Secret Weapon #2

EDIT:  Withdrawn, see you guys at a future meet.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 27
I am pretty new to the hobby so I do not have much at the moment but I will have my Mad Dogs with me in case anyone wants to try them.

If anyone showing up happens to own a  Cypher Labs Theorem 720 I would be very interested in trying it.

Jan 16, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 27
^ Now that's the kind of first post I always like to see, a new Head-Fier coming to their first meet.
wink.gif

Added you guys to the list.

Jan 18, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 27
I finally got around to finding out the food & drink policy at the library, turns out they do allow both so I've updated the first post. So I'd probably be up for bringing something like 2 large pizzas to the meet, if folks would like....

Btw, at this point it looks like the weather will cooperate, will wait a couple more days for a more accurate forecast though.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #22 of 27
I'll pass on food in the room.   Greasy pizza fingers on gear worse than overdone hair product 
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

I've decided to pass on the event, perhaps will be able to make it when we can get better turnout.

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #24 of 27
I'll pass on food in the room.   Greasy pizza fingers on gear worse than overdone hair product 
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

I've decided to pass on the event, perhaps will be able to make it when we can get better turnout.

Good point about the pizza, hadn't thought of that. Guess I won't bring any food then.

That's too bad if you won't be attending, but the smaller crowd should allow for better listening conditions.
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #25 of 27
If anyone has an Ether C I would appreciate a listen. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #26 of 27
Probably the last time I'll update this thread before the meet, so I just wanted to tell everyone that there's no need to show up early (i.e., anytime before noon). There's actually an event scheduled in the meeting room before ours, so it's likely it won't be accessible until noon anyway.

And since it'll be such a small meet, we can definitely cut out early if folks get done listening to stuff quickly. Or if any number of folks would prefer staying until 5, we could certainly do that too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

If anyone has an Ether C I would appreciate a listen. 

Not sure if anyone local has those, but I visited Tweek Geek in Arvada a few months ago and they're a MrSpeakers dealer now. When I visited they had only the open Ether, but the owner said that he should be getting in the Ether C sometime early this year.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 27
Thanks to everyone who came today and made it a great meet! Please post any impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/795891/2016-boulder-denver-co-winter-meet-1-23-impressions-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back