2016 Boulder/Denver CO Winter Meet (1/23)
Dec 4, 2015 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
Post-meet update: impressions thread here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/795891/2016-boulder-denver-co-winter-meet-1-23-impressions-thread

(Meet is on, since the forecast for 1/23 looks clear!)
SNOW POLICY: Consider the meet ON if there's no major snow forecasted for the day of the meet or the day before! Otherwise, in the event of a major snow forecast, the meet will be canceled and may be postponed to a later date. Will make a call on cancellation by 1/20 (at the latest), since the forecast by then should be accurate enough.

- Library Web site: https://boulderlibrary.org/locations/meadows/
- Address: 4800 Baseline Rd, Boulder 80303
- Free wi-fi available
- Free parking
- Meeting room is just inside off to the right after the entrance doors

Date: Saturday, January 23, 2016
Time: 12 PM noon - 5:00 PM (room cleared by about 5:30 PM)
Cost: none (free)

Power: Power strips and extension cords will be available to help with distribution around the room, but please bring enough power equipment for your own system.

Lunch/Food: I've confirmed that food/drink is allowed in the meeting room, so feel free to bring some snacks or whatever. There are also some lunch options in the nearby shopping plaza (within walking distance).

Attendees: There are a maximum of 14 tables available, so up to 13 other member setups will be allowed (since I'll need a table too)
  • arteom
  • Demo3
  • Halazzi
  • jimbop54
  • mikesale
  • NewEinstein
  • RyanRoloYo
  • ujiko

Equipment:
Google doc spreadsheet here, please update with your equipment: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14WtCxJRDZ05XYA6CYVmsY4t7jEJjOMu9TFZsTdIRyow/edit#gid=0

I'll be planning on bringing at least the following gear:
- Schiit Bifrost 4490
- Schiit Valhalla 2 and Garage1217 Project Solstice
- Fostex TH-X00, AKG K712, Audio-Technica R70x, and Sennheiser HD600
- Audio-Technica AD2000 & MSR7 and Yamaha MT220 if I can fit those in too...

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 27
After the 2 summer meets and RMAF, unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. Flew home (Belgium) as of December... Who knows, maybe I'll be able to make it again some day. I can highly recommend any one to come and check these meets out!

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 27
^ Thanks for the rec, and glad that you were able to make it to the 2 summer meets!
smile.gif

As an update: Since the Boulder venue was free, I decided to go ahead and book it for 1/23/16 since it was available, so the meet is now on! Well, pending snow, of course.
wink.gif

Can still move the meet to another date though, if folks would prefer that, so the poll is still up.

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 27
I will most likely come by. Can not bring much equipment though as I am still pretty new in this hobby.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 27
I will most likely bring:

- Sennheiser HD650 (newest version)
- Audioengine D1 (USB Amp/DAC)
- Schiit Vali 2 (if it arrives on time)

I will also bring another small surprise along

I will bring my laptop as a source with Spotify and a library of FLAC files.

I am going add my stuff to the list when I am sure what I will have available.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #8 of 27
You can count me in. I am on call at work on the 23rd, shouldn't be a problem to get someone to cover me though. That being said, I did vote for the other two days 
tongue_smile.gif

I will bring the following gear - 

Cavalli EHHA
Cavalli CTH (if I can get it back up and running, have been working on it). 
Twisted Pear Audio Opus DAC
Fiio X5
Sennheiser HD-650 - Silver cable, would like to try some aftermarket copper cables, if anyone wants to bring.
Sennheiser HD-800
Alessandro MS-Pro
ATH-MSR7's with Brainwavz pads. 

What I would like to hear, in the off-chance anyone coming has them - Oppo PM2, Dharma DH1000. Would be cool if you could bring your HD-600's Asr, the HD-650's have taken most head time since I acquired them. Would really like to compare them to the 600's.  

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #9 of 27
^ Sure, will bring the HD600. Not sure I'd be able to get any loaner headphones this time though, so hopefully someone else might have those headphones?

Btw, I let my Tidal subscription expire a couple of months ago, so I'll be bringing my FLAC collection on HD instead. Although the 30-day free trial could work too, for anyone else that might want to take advantage....

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 27
Hello all. I am in Colorado Springs, and fairly new to Head-Fi. I'm pretty sure I can drive up for the meet.

I will bring AKG K601 and a JDS Labs O2/ODAC.

Jim Dombrowski

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #11 of 27
I will most likely bring:

- Sennheiser HD650 (newest version)
- Audioengine D1 (USB Amp/DAC)
- Schiit Vali 2 (if it arrives on time)

Very much looking forward to hearing the Vali 2! Hope it gets to you in time.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 27

Very much looking forward to hearing the Vali 2! Hope it gets to you in time.

I could not resist and ordered it earlier than originally planned ... so it is already here and being burned in with the stock tube ... I dont think I will have any other tubes avaible at the meet though. I want to get a feeling for the stock tube first to know what direction I am looking for in tube rolling.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 27

I could not resist and ordered it earlier than originally planned ... so it is already here and being burned in with the stock tube ... I dont think I will have any other tubes avaible at the meet though. I want to get a feeling for the stock tube first to know what direction I am looking for in tube rolling.

Fantastic! Definitely on my list of "must have" amps in the new year if things go well.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 27
Hello all. I am in Colorado Springs, and fairly new to Head-Fi. I'm pretty sure I can drive up for the meet.

I will bring AKG K601 and a JDS Labs O2/ODAC.

Jim Dombrowski

Cool, would like to hear the 601's. Have owned k701's in the past. Have a set of k501's. Never heard the 601. i can bring the k501 if there is any interest.

^ Sure, will bring the HD600. Not sure I'd be able to get any loaner headphones this time though, so hopefully someone else might have those headphones?

Btw, I let my Tidal subscription expire a couple of months ago, so I'll be bringing my FLAC collection on HD instead. Although the 30-day free trial could work too, for anyone else that might want to take advantage....

Thanks Asr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back