2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #754 of 1,050
  True. Mine could be worse. Just not what you expect when you get new headphones. I suppose they were "free" anyway. Enjoying them nonetheless.

Yeah that's not good....send them an email and see what they say...... btw, not sure how lmue's gonna address AN16 replacements as they are limited edition ones (ltd manufacture).......just sayin.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #756 of 1,050
  Did anyone else's arrive with the sheaths hanging out of the y split?

http://i.imgur.com/wB94Zqt.jpg

Yeah like Shawn mentioned mine looks pretty bad which is a tad disappointing. I already sent an email lmue about it and just waiting to see their response. For me if it shouldn't be too hard on my end to heat shrink the exposed wiring if I do need to take matter into my own hands. Your pair it looks like it would bit trickier to do the same...

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #757 of 1,050
  Yeah like Shawn mentioned mine looks pretty bad which is a tad disappointing. I already sent an email lmue about it and just waiting to see their response. For me if it shouldn't be too hard on my end to heat shrink the exposed wiring if I do need to take matter into my own hands. Your pair it looks like it would bit trickier to do the same...

Sent them a message as well. Have a friend who has one of the cables pulling out as well.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #759 of 1,050
The VSD2S really is quite great. Quite neutral with boosted bass and treble, and the treble is precise and crisply brittle-sounding. Plus the soundstage seems easily deeper and more apparent than AN16 and GR07.

Finding the right tips and insertion depth can take the edge off the treble peak/focus point that exists, plus some adjusting to it will make it not stand out after a while. Still quite sibilant-prone though. Like GR07 and VSD5 is has that fast decay in the treble region that sounds not always the most natural, but the texture it creates sounds really nice on its own.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #760 of 1,050
  Did anyone else's arrive with the sheaths hanging out of the y split?

http://i.imgur.com/wB94Zqt.jpg

Yeah I got one channel 85% free with just a sliver of the sheath still holding on. The other channel is okay at this point.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #761 of 1,050
  The VSD2S really is quite great. Quite neutral with boosted bass and treble, and the treble is precise and crisply brittle-sounding. Plus the soundstage seems easily deeper and more apparent than AN16 and GR07.

Finding the right tips and insertion depth can take the edge off the treble peak/focus point that exists, plus some adjusting to it will make it not stand out after a while. Still quite sibilant-prone though. Like GR07 and VSD5 is has that fast decay in the treble region that sounds not always the most natural, but the texture it creates sounds really nice on its own.

Oh now i really want Mr postman to knock on my door! Hope i get my vsd2s tomorrow :) Thaks for sharing impressions!

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #762 of 1,050
Picked up my package from the post office. Immediately opened the AN16 to compare with my GR07BE, and the thing that immediately stood out was the less piercing highs . It's also a little less dry sounding than the 07BE( can't describe it better). Also the AN16 has a smaller and thinner housing which is a little more comfortable in the ear. No sheath/cable issues on initial inspection.
I like my initial impressions on the AN16.

Not gonna open the VSD2S as I plan to gift it either for a birthday or Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back