2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #406 of 1,050
They said it will be tuned like the GR06 but upgraded. How much stock one puts into the statements is up to them. We will find out in a week or so.

Not sure why it would be in the direction of the GR07. Then people who are buying the classic for $99 won't be happy that Vsonic gave away such a similar thing. XE800 cell version, MK1, MKII, BE, Classic and yet another like that doesn't make that much sense to me at this junction. I think it will lean to wards the GR06 with a bass slant, decent low reach, forward mids, and a touch off the treble or at least it should. Using the existing driver makes sense to save time and money but it should be tuned to be it's own thing though certainly have the Vsonic sound being that driver.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #407 of 1,050
  They said it will be tuned like the GR06 but upgraded. How much stock one puts into the statements is up to them. We will find out in a week or so.

Not sure why it would be in the direction of the GR07. Then people who are buying the classic for $99 won't be happy that Vsonic gave away such a similar thing. XE800 cell version, MK1, MKII, BE, Classic and yet another like that doesn't make that much sense to me at this junction. I think it will lean to wards the GR06 with a bass slant, decent low reach, forward mids, and a touch off the treble or at least it should. Using the existing driver makes sense to save time and money but it should be tuned to be it's own thing though certainly have the Vsonic sound being that driver.

Yup, we will have impressions coming next week.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #408 of 1,050
AN16 is the anniversary edition.It will most likely sound like GR07 as someone said GR07 was the iem, that made vsonic famous. IMO,it will be mid centric like GR06 but still maintaining the clarity of GR07.Hopefully will have 0 sibilance. :D

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #412 of 1,050

From my experience, the enclosure determines the sound signature of a head- or earphone as much as the driver, if not more.

Why do you think that?

Hopefully will have 0 sibilance. :D

Don't get my hopes up.

•​

Let's not forget that the AN16 is a giveaway borne of motley surplus components. I doubt Vsonic invested anywhere near as much time or effort into optimizing its sound as they invest into IEMs they actually sell and profit from. The GR07 driver is a great component, but it's unlikely the AN16 will showcase it at the top of its game.

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #414 of 1,050

Why do you think that?

Ever wondered why changing the pads on headphones often drastically alters the sound signature? Or why something like the Custom One Pro can go from anemic to bass heavy simply by opening/closing a tiny hole? Or why damping the enclosure of a T50RP drastically improves the sound? It's because the physical characteristics of the sound are heavily influenced by reverb, damping, venting and seal. And the same goes for IEMs. It's very likely that the AN16 will sound close to the GR06 in terms of frequency response (determined by the housing) while offering more refinement (determined by the finer GR07 driver).

By the way, my order changed to shipped :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #416 of 1,050
Ever wondered why changing the pads on headphones often drastically alters the sound signature? Or why something like the Custom One Pro can go from anemic to bass heavy simply by opening/closing a tiny hole? Or why damping the enclosure of a T50RP drastically improves the sound? It's because the physical characteristics of the sound are heavily influenced by reverb, damping, venting and seal. And the same goes for IEMs. It's very likely that the AN16 will sound close to the GR06 in terms of frequency response (determined by the housing) while offering more refinement (determined by the finer GR07 driver).

By the way, my order changed to shipped :)

Never compared these two side by side but i dont think 06 and 07 are much different except that dome on 06. Lets see.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #417 of 1,050
 ​
Let's not forget that the AN16 is a giveaway borne of motley surplus components. I doubt Vsonic invested anywhere near as much time or effort into optimizing its sound as they invest into IEMs they actually sell and profit from. The GR07 driver is a great component, but it's unlikely the AN16 will showcase it at the top of its game.

I don't think this will work that way. Keep in mind that its a special edition to commemorate their 16th aniversarry, they won't take it lightly.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #418 of 1,050
  I don't think this will work that way. Keep in mind that its a special edition to commemorate their 16th aniversarry, they won't take it lightly.

+1.....hope its of special sound too, not just fixing a Vsonic's FS driver into a compatible shell/housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back