2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 7, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #421 of 1,050
I would like an upgrade to vsonic vc02.Its already awesome but if they can provide a better cable and more sub bass,it will be a beast.
Only vsonic set having almost NIL sibilance and superbly neutral.

Not to mention a fit that seals ur ears,,,,,gr07 is notorious for the fit for many people.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #422 of 1,050
  I would like an upgrade to vsonic vc02.Its already awesome but if they can provide a better cable and more sub bass,it will be a beast.

Not to mention a fit that seals ur ears,,,,,gr07 is notorious for the fit for many people.

Nah, not the only one - vsd1le is the least sibilant vsonic model.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #423 of 1,050

Well, is the GR06's cable beter than the VC02's?

What don't you like about the GR07's fit? It fits me fine. And I've always thought fit was mostly about what tips you use.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #424 of 1,050

Well, is the GR06's cable beter than the VC02's?

What don't you like about the GR07's fit? It fits me fine. And I've always thought fit was mostly about what tips you use.

Nope,fine fit is different from perfect seal.Much different.

I found that out when i used triple flange with vc02.............its a vaccum trust me.Regarding gr06 the reviews are not very good,just saw them so not much hope from AN16 really.But still free iem dosen't hurt.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #425 of 1,050
  Nah, not the only one - vsd1le is the least sibilant vsonic model.

But not the clearest like vc02.
The point being if we compare build quality,detachable cable and performance to price ratio vc02 is unbeatable.

Sure the caveat being u like neutral and analytical pair.

Another thing vc02 trumps gr07 for female vocals(as gr07 is sibilant so cannot use high volume after a limit) and bass punch due to a better seal owing to the shape and size of the iem itself.

But yeah gr07 does has a better depth in soundstage and way better timbre.U get what u pay for i guess.

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #426 of 1,050

But not the clearest like vc02.
The point being if we compare build quality,detachable cable and performance to price ratio vc02 is unbeatable.

Sure the caveat being u like neutral and analytical pair.

Another thing vc02 trumps gr07 for female vocals(as gr07 is sibilant so cannot use high volume after a limit) and bass punch due to a better seal owing to the shape and size of the iem itself.

But yeah gr07 does has a better depth in soundstage and way better timbre.U get what u pay for i guess.

Well,  Vc02 has a big dip in the lower treble, which helps with sibilance but makes things like female vocals  a bit lifeless and artificial. That is partially remedied with deep insertion and I found the meelec s6 tri-flanges sounding the best with vc02. I personally prefer vc02's bass to gr07's but gr07 has that spot-on decay as I've said many times. And vsd5 in omparison to vc02 is a lot more spacious and clearer but lacks some articulation. It all comes down to personal preference - like you say that vc02 trumps gr07 in female vocals because it'sless sibilant but someone else might like the energy and rawness the sharper gr07's lower treble adds to female vocals despite being more prone to pointing out sibilance.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #427 of 1,050
  Well,  Vc02 has a big dip in the lower treble, which helps with sibilance but makes things like female vocals  a bit lifeless and artificial. That is partially remedied with deep insertion and I found the meelec s6 tri-flanges sounding the best with vc02. I personally prefer vc02's bass to gr07's but gr07 has that spot-on decay as I've said many times. And vsd5 in omparison to vc02 is a lot more spacious and clearer but lacks some articulation. It all comes down to personal preference - like you say that vc02 trumps gr07 in female vocals because it'sless sibilant but someone else might like the energy and rawness the sharper gr07's lower treble adds to female vocals despite being more prone to pointing out sibilance.

Yes and i have mentioned many times that without deep insertion,preferably triple flange vc02 is just average.
With it,,well a total beast.

Comparison with gr07 is futile due to cost.The only real problem with gr07 is fit(for some) and annoying sibilance and a tad less bass for hip hop/pop/rap.Other than that its stellar.

I was giving havi more time of late vs gr07 due to non fatiguing voice.Also moving from gr07 to a non sibilant set was a real pain in the ass.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #431 of 1,050

We paid less i believe.

Lol,,,much less if i remember correctly.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #435 of 1,050
The VSD2S cable is like snake skin that come with upgraded VSD1S and not sure what VSD2 are with?retaining the one like original (older) VSD3/VSD1 series to physically differentiate VSD2 from VSD2S or same snake skin.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back