2015 Southeastern Michigan Fall Meet - Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 28
Love everyone's impressions. I'm happy that everyone had such a great time.

In case anyone cares, I still working on my impressions. I'm shooting to have them up this weekend.

Who wants to plan the next one with me?

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 28
Love everyone's impressions. I'm happy that everyone had such a great time.

In case anyone cares, I still working on my impressions. I'm shooting to have them up this weekend.

Who wants to plan the next one with me?

If I can help in terms of planning, or just set up in anyway just let me know, I'll definitely be there whenever the next one rolls around.

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #19 of 28
I'm so bummed I couldn't attend this event. And it was close to me too!
Is there any appetite for having these on a Sunday? My Saturdays are generally too busy and I'd love to attend one.
Looks like a good time.
Thanks

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #21 of 28

I concur.  I've created groups for several places.  Places like San Francisco, Southern California, London, etc. - pretty much anywhere we intend to do a meet or a CanJam - so that I can more easily keep everyone in the loop.  
smile.gif

this is a bit off topic, but do you guys have any plans to organize a Canjam in Asia Pacific?

I can't comment on that... for now.  
smile.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 28
I wanted to post my impressions over the last week but have been crazy busy with work.  So I'll just list what I liked:

Hifiman HE-1000:  These are still the best headphones that I have heard in the recent past.  I love the Senn HD 800s.  I love the Audeze line.  The 1000s just have the perfect sound that I like.  They have the "V" curve that I enjoy for my electronic/jazz taste in music.  They may not be the most beautiful, but the looks are growing on me.  Fit, however, is awesome.  I could have those on for hours without fatigue.  

STAX-009 and Blue Hawaii:  Three words...Ho Lee Cow!

AKG N90:  I have never heard such a perfect ANC headphone before.  I have tried others that eliminate 70-80% of outside noise.  I swear these took out about 97% all exterior sound.  I wouldn't recommend listening to these while driving or cutting the lawn--you need to be safe.  But for flying, public transportation (I know we're in Detroit) or just escaping the world for an album or two, these were great.  The price tag was a bit high for me ($1500) but I can keep on playing Mega Millions.

Dharma D1000:  The infamous Electrostatic/Dynamic Hybrid Stereo Headphone.  What a difference sound.  Medium soundstage.  "V" curve that I love:  Crisp trebles and punchy bass with recessed midrange.  My sound profile and the opposite of zabzaf's!  I listened to these on my own rig, the Schist Lyr and Bifrost, and once again found them perfect for electronic and jazz.  Acoustic guitar and rock?  Not so much.  

This was my fourth meet ever.  It was nice to talk to everybody and get a chance to see how everyone's collection of gear has changed and grown.  I am still moving upward, trying to decide exactly what my "end game" setup will actually be.  I know for now that Schiit products are my number one choice.  But will it be Mjolnir 2 and Multibit Gungnir or Ragnarock and Yggdrasil?  One will require a lot more saving!  And what should my flagship headphone be?  Right now my top dog is the humble Sennheiser HD 650.  But I am looking forward to the HD 800 or LCD3.  

Like I have been saying lately--First world problems!  But enjoy what you have.  Just keep listening. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #24 of 28
For you guys that own the Schist Bifrost, the multibit upgrade is NOW AVAILABLE!!! It's $250 installed.  There's also another less expensive upgrade if you want to keep you Bifrost Delta-Sigma.  That's $70 if you install it yourself or $100 if you have them install it.  

I just ordered my multibit upgrade.  I'm #20 in the queue.  Can't wait to hear it!

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #25 of 28

I can't comment on that... for now.  
smile.gif

Playing it close to the chest I see
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, though the cat is now out of the bag, as CanJam @ RMAF 2015 attendees are now aware.  We'll be making an official announcement soon, so that I can stop derailing this impressions thread.  
redface.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #26 of 28
Yes, though the cat is now out of the bag, as CanJam @ RMAF 2015 attendees are now aware.  We'll be making an official announcement soon, so that I can stop derailing this impressions thread.  :xf_eek:

Aha. Hey, I have one for you...I'll PM you.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #27 of 28
Anybody in the Metro Detroit area have a pair of Grado SR-80e that I could audition for an afternoon? Thinking of grabbing a pair, but not sure due to the comfort issue. I can provide a Beyerdynamic DT880 or DT990 as "collateral".

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #28 of 28
I do. Plus their modded in case you want to try balanced. I have the adapter as well if not. And I'd love to hear the DT's. What OHM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back