2015 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 7, 2015 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR.

It's that time of year again for the Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange! For those new to this, this has been an annual tradition originally started by Zanth the moderator years ago.
And to keep in tradition, there's only one rule. In the immortal words of Zanth:

If you agree to sign up, you are agreeing to SEND YOUR EXCHANGE PARTNER A GIFT BY CHRISTMAS!

To sign up, just leave a post in this thread saying that you're in, plus shipping preference if applicable.

Cut off for sign up  this year will be December 5th at 8pm EST This cut-off date is to allow enough time for communication via PM between partners, then for shipping by USPS to both USA & international destinations, if applicable (see Shipping Deadlines here: http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2015/pr15_054.htm . Partners will be assigned here, in this post #1, shortly after the cut-off — so keep your eyes peeled here!

I'll follow Zanth's rule on shipping: "I'll try to pair folks up on the same continent or better yet country if specified. Otherwise, I'm going to assume folks won't care who their partner is or where they are from."

What's considered a gift? In past years, this has usually been music — on CD or LP. Or it can be anything else you & your exchange partner would rather do (which can be discussed over PM), as long as it's "software" and not hardware like headphones or other gear. Music is preferred since Head-Fi is sort of a music-related site, but if you & your partner would rather exchange movies (on Blu-Ray or DVD) or some other type of low-cost item, feel free.

Please don't be a cheapskate. By agreeing to participate, you agree to BUY at least one NEW CD or LP for your exchange partner. This is called the Gift Exchange, not "Exchange of Items I Have And No Longer Want." No pirated material or used items either! Rare, out-of-print, or collectible items are ok though. If you can't see yourself spending at least ~$10-$15 (USD) on a music gift for another Head-Fier, please don't sign up.

Web sites like Amazon.com should make this process easy for most people — just order the item on Amazon and have them ship directly to your partner. No need to ship yourself unless some other item is being exchanged, or you have to ship yourself for some other reason.

Note for US residents: Amazon's other domains (.ca, .co.uk, etc) can be used for shipping to other countries. Here's a list of Amazon's international sites: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=487250

Any further questions about details should be worked out with your exchange partner over PM, when those are assigned later right after the cut-off. For example, questions like "Do I gift music that I like or the other person likes? And which format should I get it in?" should be asked directly to your partner by PM. I recommend trying to get something you think your partner will like.

I'd also like to reiterate: please don't sign up if you're unwilling to spend the nominal cost for a CD or equivalent. The spirit of the Holiday Exchange should ideally be in fun to get something for someone else, not trying to get rid of your unwanted items.

And in response to anyone wondering why we don't exchange headphones or gear: http://www.head-fi.org/t/637099/2012-head-fi-holiday-gift-exchange/135#post_8923234

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 83
USA only participants (US to US shipping only)
01 Lord_tris - 05 Wubalubadubdub
02 DVass13 - 24 BIG POPPA
06 sbradley02 - 03 First Gen Hun
07 jakenmenheer - 19 MadDane
10 Jjacq - 17 ModMax
11 RCBinTN - 16 Zashoomin
13 BearFNF - 15 Soundsgoodtome
14 Rickruss - 08 Army-Firedawg
21 walfredo - 09 ashadeofgrey
22 coachenzo - 18 Brianvrk
23 doctorjazz - 12 AnthonylnTX
25 Jazzi - 04 mbritt
27 3083joe - 28 jaaron53
29 randy98mtu - 26 JEspina456
30 Wildcatsare1 - 20 kchapdaily

USA and International Participants (Shipping to anyone and anywhere)
01 Tasmik - 06 driodster
04 VGoghs earfrmsc - 05 customcoco
07 Krutsch - 03 HAWKEYE7
09 piotrus-g - 12 tiddlywinks
10 linkbane - 02 thecrow
11 reihead - 08 hmohammend43

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 83
Count me in!
atsmile.gif

US shipping.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #9 of 83

I'm in!  Continental US shipping please.

Happy to be involved again this year.  I just realized that the last one I participated in was 2012.  It's a lot of fun to dig through your exchange partners previous head-fi posts to sleuth out musical preferences and find them something they may not be familiar with.  Not easy in this music loving crowd but a fun challenge none the less.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 83
Did this a few years ago.
In for US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back