2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2015 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

The Dan of Steel

100+ Head-Fier
2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando

Come one, come all! New Head-Fi sponsor and storefront LiveSoundWave have graciously agreed to host this year’s central Florida meet.

When: August 1st, 2015
Time:  9-5 with an hour before and after for set up and teardown
Where: LiveSoundWave showroom
            12211 Regency Village Drive, Suite 11
            Orlando, FL 32821
            customerservice@livesoundwave.com
            866-760-4727

Map & Directions

LiveSoundWave is located right across from the Orlando Premium Outlets and close to Disney so there are sure to be accommodations if needed.

Looks like this meet is going to turn out to be something special! LiveSoundWave has offered to open it’s showroom for us Head-Fiers to hold our meet as well as open up their office and warehouse as needed; so there will be plenty of room. Tables, chairs, power and cords will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own cuz, well…you can never have too many.

They are working to bring some brand representatives and already have many great brands on display. They have also offered to supply some refreshments but have advised us to feel free to bring our own. I know this doesn't ned to be said but, please be courteous of other's equipment. 

As their storefront is not open on weekends this is a specially scheduled event just for us!

I'd like to make a request, if I may, I started to go back through the discussion thread to make a list of possible attendees but realized some folks may not make it, since that may have been prior to having a location and date. So now that we have a definite place and date, would attendees mind posting what they will be bringing AND/OR what they would like to see/hear. This way if LSW has it they will be sure to have it available and if they don't that they might have some time to get it in for us if possible. I'm sure we'd all like for this to be as lucrative for them as it will be fun for us.

As new developments arrive I will do my best to keep everyone updated here. If there is anything you feel that may have been lacking in prior meets please let us know and we will do what we can.

Thanks again everyone!

Special thanks to @Change is Good for starting the Sunshine State Group and getting the discussion going and being patient enough to get us all together for this and handling all the polls! Thank you!

Also thank you to @livesoundwave for hosting!

LiveSoundWave introduction thread

Original Florida Meet Discussion thread

ATTENDING
The Dan of Steel
Buddhahacker
MWSVette
Gordhifi
TheRealSwanson
Fuzziekiwi
Mad Lust Envy
mangler
BillyJ
musicman2006
DJP-Audio (+1)
sweetsdream
bozebuttons
reddog
PDC3
poocaso
Hifi59
griff609

MAYBE
screwdriver
Jjacq
DougD
Heyandress7
Change is Good
Bubek
Rayoki
Mackcd

-----------------------
Edit 7-15-15: Updated time for meet. LSW will have coffee and donuts for breakfast as well as drinks, teas etc. They will also be providing lunch. A representative from Sennheiser will be on hand as well as a few others. I believe that a raffle or possible giveaway is in the works as well. 

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 95
Great!  I should be able to make this and will post later this month the gear I plan on bringing to the meet. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 95
+1 I'll be there...

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 95
Woop woop! Finally the day has been set!

My gear is limited (check my sig), so I'll try to bring everything that can fit in my backpack. Hope to see you all soon!

Edit: I will be staying overnight since I'll probably be traveling by greyhound. Will look into possible hotel arrangements, maybe get a discount somewhere if others need to stay overnight, as well, and we all pick the same place.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #7 of 95
I can not wait until 8/1.

I will bring the following:

Headphone Inventory

Sennheiser HD 700
Sennheiser HD 598
Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
Harman Kardon BT

Headphone Amp Inventory

Fiio 09k
Fiio E17
Schiit Lyr
Emotiva Stealth DC-1

Source Inventory

Fiio E17
Emotiva Stealth DC-1

Cable Inventory

1 Emotiva X DRCA
1 Pyst USB
4 sets Pyst RCA
6 Pangea AC-14 Power Cables

Power-Related Components

Panamax Max 5300

Other Audio Equipment

Wanting to demo at the meet   

Parasound R/EQ 150
Parasound TDQ 150
Parasound Z Breeze
Parasound Zcd
Parasound Z Pre 2
Parasound Z Rack Cube

Various 6DJ8 family of tubes
for any tube rollers

Audeze EL-8 open and closed
Grado  RS1E and GS1000e
Sennheiser HD 800
Fostex TH-500RP

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 95
Will be there! If someone has an amplifier to spare for the meet, I can bring my ADCOM GDA-700 DAC. I will also be bringing an LCD-X and AK100ii. Also if anyone would like to grab a bite before or after the meet, I'd be down :). I'll be driving up from Miami.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #9 of 95
I will try to make it. I can bring some stuff in my sig.

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 95
Perhaps I'll go just to kick Change's arse. :deadhorse:

Jk. My vacation starts July 30th, so this may be a definite thing.

I pretty much sold everything I had, and from what I see, I don't need to bring the X2.

Too bad I just sold the TH900.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #12 of 95
Perhaps I'll go just to kick Change's arse. :deadhorse:

I pretty much sold everything I had, and from what I see, I don't need to bring the X2.

I might bring my NFB-15 just to throw it at you :p

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 95
Someone bring an Ether to the meet please! 
dt880smile.png

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #15 of 95
Perhaps I'll go just to kick Change's arse.
deadhorse.gif

Please bring an X2. I'm dying to hear that headphone. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back