2013 SF Bay Area (Changfest?) Meet Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #211 of 225
Quote:
There wasn't a wooden version of the ES10 by the time I purchased it.

Now that there is one (the ESW11LTD), I still don't feel I should go out of my way to replace the ES10, given that the ESW11LTD is just warmer. There was one ESW11LTD at this meet, by the way. I couldn't capture it on photo because my camera ran out of battery...

Great....also missed that.. =\

As of right now, the esw11ltd going for 500+ new.. ouch

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #212 of 225
Quote:
^Ha!  I'm still saying it!

But now I can let you borrow my Super 7 so you can compare in the quiet of your own home, Q-Hate.

I want to try having the BA options of both PX4 and 300B tubes. 

(BA was NOT twice as good-sounding as my Super 7.  Does look a lot better though!)

You'll have to let me know when the BA arrives.  I'd love to do some side by side with the super 7 in a quieter environment.  We may have to setup a UERM and BA/Super 7 mini meet down the road.  :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #213 of 225
Quote:
I was bit surprised to hate some IEMs/Headphones which i liked in the reviews and the vice versa so guess given a choice it is a good idea to try it out before buying them.

+1  These meets have saved me from more than one bad purchase.  [Un]fortunately for the wallet, they also make we want to purchase a lot of things that otherwise would not be on my radar. 

Quote:

I'll post about it if it gets even better than it is right now. I know silver has amazing "cleaning ability".

I've never - to my knowledge - listened via silver.  But if that hold true, I expect that you'll be upgrading a bunch of stuff in your signal path.  This hobby never contracts, only expands.

Quote:

Hmm... now that you mention it, I didn't try any IEM this year. Maybe I should.

Yeah, I've noticed a general lack of IEMs.  Works out well for UE though, as they get to have a field day.  I had my UE700 with me at the meet, but to whip that out with UE in the next room would have been unimpressive at best.

Quote:
:frowning2: Cant believe I missed that this was happening by a couple weeks. Sad.

frown.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #214 of 225
What was the on site UERM price?

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #215 of 225
Quote:
You'll have to let me know when the BA arrives.  I'd love to do some side by side with the super 7 in a quieter environment.  We may have to setup a UERM and BA/Super 7 mini meet down the road.  :)

Absolutely!  And, we'll have portable amps plus the rest of the UE demos to play with too (may have to set up more than one mini-meet).

Good times. 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #216 of 225
Keep me in the loop.  I'm seriously down for this one after my UERM's arrive in a couple of weeks.  I'd love to spend a little more time with your new "IEM Toy". 
beyersmile.png

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #217 of 225
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely!  And, we'll have portable amps plus the rest of the UE demos to play with too (may have to set up more than one mini-meet).

Good times. 
ksc75smile.gif

I too want to get some more listening time in on the Eddie Current amps.  I'm looking to install the C4S upgrade kit on my SEX 2.1 sometime next month and would love to hear how they sound side by side!

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #218 of 225
Quote:
I too want to get some more listening time in on the Eddie Current amps.  I'm looking to install the C4S upgrade kit on my SEX 2.1 sometime next month and would love to hear how they sound side by side!

I thought the SEX 2.1 was <really> pleasing with the HD600, BTW.  @uzi's Crack sounded pretty good with HD650 but was a touch grainy or had a slight resonance in low treble while the SEX was really (hate to say it) smooth and sweet to listen to.

If the SEX got a touch more transparent and the Crack got a little smoother with some more mods, they'd both be fantastic!  I am pretty sure I will be building one of them so woule be great to listen to them again.

I've also got an HD600 so we can do some easy comparing when I have everything up and running (need the Balancing Act to arrive and to have tube adapters made)...will let you know!

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #219 of 225
</really>

Just wanted to close the tag so that this page validates.

Oh, and sorry for the bad joke...
redface.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #220 of 225
Quote:
Great....also missed that.. =\

As of right now, the esw11ltd going for 500+ new.. ouch

Yeah... so ES10 it is. Audio Technica will have to make an ortho portable in order to pry the ES10 away from my ears. 
beyersmile.png

Quote:
I've never - to my knowledge - listened via silver.  But if that hold true, I expect that you'll be upgrading a bunch of stuff in your signal path.  This hobby never contracts, only expands.

Yeah, I've noticed a general lack of IEMs.  Works out well for UE though, as they get to have a field day.  I had my UE700 with me at the meet, but to whip that out with UE in the next room would have been unimpressive at best.

I already had all my cables switched to silver. Just not... headphone cables. But that may change very soon.

Anyway, good news for ya: if all goes well, I may be able to bring a Pioneer SE-700 to the next meet. That is... if my Dad will ever let me leave the house with that rare an artifact. It's almost impossible to find one in good working condition.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #221 of 225
Quote:
Quote:
I thought the SEX 2.1 was <really> pleasing with the HD600, BTW.  @uzi's Crack sounded pretty good with HD650 but was a touch grainy or had a slight resonance in low treble while the SEX was really (hate to say it) smooth and sweet to listen to.

If the SEX got a touch more transparent and the Crack got a little smoother with some more mods, they'd both be fantastic!  I am pretty sure I will be building one of them so woule be great to listen to them again.

I've also got an HD600 so we can do some easy comparing when I have everything up and running (need the Balancing Act to arrive and to have tube adapters made)...will let you know!

I really had to drag myself away from the ECBA at your table because I enjoyed it too much and needed to make sure I didn't end up with the desire to spend so far out of my budget.  Very jealous of your acquisition.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #222 of 225
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #224 of 225
Quote:
Finally got my new base for my amp.  I had been hoping it would have arrive in time for our meet but I had to settle with my black n green masking tape combo.  Doesn't improve the sound but does boost the looks.

That was you with the weird amp that I kept looking at!

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #225 of 225
Quote:
Finally got my new base for my amp.  I had been hoping it would have arrive in time for our meet but I had to settle with my black n green masking tape combo.  Doesn't improve the sound but does boost the looks.

I'm going to miss the duct tape case..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back