2013 LA Regional Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #151 of 240
Ok my hat photo by Jude is epic!  Also I am down to help with the next when whenever people are ready... I think a winter meet would be cool!

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #152 of 240
Carpooling sounds like a great idea. I may go up north prior to the event, but if not, that sounds great. Thanks for the warm welcome at the meet. Although I've listened to a goodly number of headphones and amps at various shows, naturally, I really know very little about their innards and backstory. I'm doing a LOT of reading on this site (currently studying the STAX forum pages!). Looking forward to reading your reviews on Positive Feedback. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #153 of 240
Quote:
Carpooling sounds like a great idea. I may go up north prior to the event, but if not, that sounds great. Thanks for the warm welcome at the meet. Although I've listened to a goodly number of headphones and amps at various shows, naturally, I really know very little about their innards and backstory. I'm doing a LOT of reading on this site (currently studying the STAX forum pages!). Looking forward to reading your reviews on Positive Feedback. 

Sorry, should've quoted warrenpchi's post a few posts back. Just getting the hang of things, and I'm not trying to be [deliberately] annoying! :)

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #154 of 240
Quote:
Umm, I've been unpacking from the meet and I seem to have an extra Belkin surge protector that I didn't before.  Is anyone missing one? 
confused.gif

haha, i think it's mine

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #155 of 240
Quote:
Ok my hat photo by Jude is epic!  Also I am down to help with the next when whenever people are ready... I think a winter meet would be cool!

It would be! We're thinking about starting a biannual meet schedule that fits in around the other big events on the calendar (CES, The Show, RMAF), so September/March may work well. If we adopt this approach, then March would be the next target meet date. Since we're a little ahead of the curve, Feb/Sept might also work well for 2014. We'll see.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #156 of 240
Quote:
So.....
You're one of "those"

Cuz, I'm an old fart that drives 70 mph in the car pool lane.
No music.
Hands at 10 and 2.

My neighbor played the roll of the dummy.

Didn't use a dummy but got from Woodland Hills to Carmel Valley in 2:10 on the 405.  :wink:

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #157 of 240
Wow.. an E.A.R. modded 1500?!
blink.gif
  I was just going to bring my modest TEAC deck. 

@ Warren:  I'll definitely make more glasses for next year (new design too).

Quote:

Actually I'd LOVE to bring an E.A.R tape machine for a source!
This absolutely blew my mind yesterday (pictured below) - and I was daydreaming about using that tape desk in front of my E.A.R HP4, or the ALO Studio Six!!  WOOH

I didn't want the weekend to end.
Thanks to EVERYBODY who contributed, and all of you have reason to be proud for building such a positively reinforcing, forward-thinking community here based around
a sheer love for music and great sound.  

I'm proud to be part of it.

::::BRO HUG:::::

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #158 of 240
Quote:
Wow.. an E.A.R. modded 1500?!
blink.gif
  I was just going to bring my modest TEAC deck. 

@ Warren:  I'll definitely make more glasses for next year (new design too).

OH YEAH
Do you think I should make this happen??
I'm only asking a silly question as I can get the E.A.R tape deck there for a source,
and feed it into my E.A.R HP4 tube headphone amp!!!

But I'd have to travel far to grab it - but it doesn't mean SH__ to me to do it!!!

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #159 of 240
popcorn.gif

Amazing. The energy inside this thread is still reverberating. And the words spoken here having a memorable finish and decay. Soon, y'all will be replacing  the cliche "Let's do lunch" with... 
smiley_thumb.gif
 you guessed it! And I'm up for it!

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #160 of 240
Quote:
popcorn.gif

Amazing. The energy inside this thread is still reverberating. And the words spoken here having a memorable finish and decay. Soon, y'all will be replacing  the cliche "Let's do lunch" with... 
smiley_thumb.gif
 you guessed it! And I'm up for it!

Oh bro, you don't even know... the wheels are already turnin'!

So, I have a small request for y'all.  As you can imagine, Ethan and I are already planning the next meet... the next two meets actually. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on things we could do better?  Things to add or take away?  We've already got some improvements figured out, and we're eager to make each meet better than the one before. 
smile.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #161 of 240
On page 8 of this thread there were a bunch of pictures from  the event.
Can someone tell me who was the guy (gray/white hair and moustache)  wearing the black t-shirt (with graphic of outlines of tubes) giving a thumbs up is?  He is standing behind a large brown amplifier (DIY ?) set on its side so the underside of the amp is showing (wiring,etc).  I was also curious about what the amp was all about...

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #162 of 240
Quote:
On page 8 of this thread there were a bunch of pictures from  the event.
Can someone tell me who was the guy (gray/white hair and moustache)  wearing the black t-shirt (with graphic of outlines of tubes) giving a thumbs up is?  He is standing behind a large brown amplifier (DIY ?) set on its side so the underside of the amp is showing (wiring,etc).  I was also curious about what the amp was all about...

That's Frank Cooter, which is also his username here (FrankCooter). Perhaps he can tell us more about it. As is everything I've seen from Frank (which he designs and hand crafts), that amp was gorgeous.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #163 of 240
Man, I would love to hear that setup!  Those decks are beasty though (55lbs!).  Thanks for offering!

If you could bring that and we could somehow get some Tape Project reels, I think I would be at that rig all day...

Quote:
OH YEAH
Do you think I should make this happen??
I'm only asking a silly question as I can get the E.A.R tape deck there for a source,
and feed it into my E.A.R HP4 tube headphone amp!!!

But I'd have to travel far to grab it - but it doesn't mean SH__ to me to do it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back