2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #121 of 229
I live less than ten minutes from where RMAF is held and we were essentially unaffected by the rains. CanJam will definitely be a go, full speed! I always enjoy seeing the Westone presence given their shop is basically just a hour down the road.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #122 of 229
I live less than ten minutes from where RMAF is held and we were essentially unaffected by the rains. CanJam will definitely be a go, full speed! I always enjoy seeing the Westone presence given their shop is basically just a hour down the road.

this is GREAT NEWS!
I've been so busy working w/ Marjorie (knowing her home is safe) that I didn't even ask the most obvious question!
Is the Denver Tech Center OK????

Thanks for the update @Bazirker (killer tag btw - pulled from Clerks??)

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #123 of 229

Btw, one other note for those traveling in from out-of-state: anyone that might be planning on heading to Estes Park or the surrounding area, or Northern Colorado, should cancel those plans, as the recent flooding effectively cut off access due to severely damaged roads & bridges. Some areas are also still heavily flooded and may take a long time to clear. I got off lucky where I am, with only a flooded basement and leaky roof (which have both been largely rectified now). Denver and its suburbs weren't as badly affected, so RMAF should still be a go.

Any issues with I25 north of Denver due to the flooding?  I will be coming to Denver via I80 and I25.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #124 of 229
Any issues with I25 north of Denver due to the flooding?  I will be coming to Denver via I80 and I25.

I-25 should be ok now (it was temporarily flooded at multiple points between 470 and Fort Collins, but cotrip.org is reporting it's clear now). Not sure about I-80, I heard that parts of Wyoming were flooded as well.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #125 of 229
I'm going to try to make it, my first event of this type. Can anyone confirm if vendors are allowed to sell gear on site? And if so, is that a common thing or no? I'm wondering if I should make plans to come home with some extra gear. Anyone have experience with this? Maybe some good demo-pricing available?

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #126 of 229
this is GREAT NEWS!
I've been so busy working w/ Marjorie (knowing her home is safe) that I didn't even ask the most obvious question!
Is the Denver Tech Center OK????

Thanks for the update @Bazirker (killer tag btw - pulled from Clerks??)

Actually no, my last name is Zirker... But Clerks is a great movie so it might as well be. Russian metal singer!!!

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #127 of 229
  I'm going to try to make it, my first event of this type. Can anyone confirm if vendors are allowed to sell gear on site? And if so, is that a common thing or no? I'm wondering if I should make plans to come home with some extra gear. Anyone have experience with this? Maybe some good demo-pricing available?

My understanding is that some of them will be selling at the show, with some having special show discounts.

Holy cats!!! I just realized it is only two weeks away!!!  Wow time flies...

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #128 of 229
  I digress at this point and want to share a "flyer" for the event that I came up with to hang up on a local university's bulletin boards. If anyone has any feedback on it, let me know via PM (I'll respond as appropriate, don't worry about the line in my sig). I feel like there are too many words on it for a flyer and would be open to ideas for reducing the word count: canjam.pdf

Students get discounts?

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #129 of 229

Not every vendor sells gear, but some of them do. Won't hurt to ask a vendor in person at the show, of course. Moon Audio is one of the few vendors who looks to sell almost everything that they bring at show discount pricing - the cables, sources, amps, headphones, you name it. If you want to buy anything on their table, they'll probably happily sell it. And some of the custom IEM vendors offer show discount pricing and free earmold impressions, like Ultimate Ears and Westone.

Selling isn't common though and the majority of vendors bring "display-only" equipment that they don't want to sell. For example, don't ask HeadAmp if you can buy the display BHSE or GS-X MK2 because those will be display-only units.
tongue.gif
Moon Audio is an exception though, mostly because they're a retailer, not a manufacturer.

Also keep in mind that whatever you buy from Moon Audio will be removed from their table - which means sticking around until the end of the show on Sunday to buy it. Otherwise they could have a gaping hole in their display system somewhere on Friday or Saturday which they obviously wouldn't want.
wink.gif
(None of the vendors bring extra stock specifically to sell. The show is a "try-before-you-buy" environment, not a store.)

Students get discounts?

Apparently so, I saw the student discount over at the RMAF site!

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #130 of 229
Sep 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #131 of 229
Free avatar fellas, come and get it! 
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #134 of 229

That's right...in order to get a good job and buy all kinds of expensive audio gear.  
size]

Thanks for the KILLER avatar @warrenpchi
You're the man, and a good friend.

Which is why I'm PUMPED you're coming to CanJam at RMAF!!

I see lots of time cuttin' it up and listening to music in our future!
Latenight hotel room listening sessions and discussion threads as the result...

and WELL SAID @MacedonianHero

one of the few regrets that eats at me often:
Never going to college (well, a year and a half of community college hardly counts)
but at least I've worked hard enough in my specialized field where I can get those lovely audio toyz!

and PLENTY of audio toyz to explore at CanJam this year!!!!

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #135 of 229

Thanks for the KILLER avatar @warrenpchi
You're the man, and a good friend.

Which is why I'm PUMPED you're coming to CanJam at RMAF!!

I see lots of time cuttin' it up and listening to music in our future!
Latenight hotel room listening sessions and discussion threads as the result...

and WELL SAID @MacedonianHero

one of the few regrets that eats at me often:
Never going to college (well, a year and a half of community college hardly counts)
but at least I've worked hard enough in my specialized field where I can get those lovely audio toyz!

and PLENTY of audio toyz to explore at CanJam this year!!!!

Wish I could go this year, but too much going on (again) with family and work. Looking forward to your impressions (and hopefully a lot of photos). 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back