2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
Sep 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #106 of 229

TTVJ Audio and Moon Audio, who are both attending, sell the Burson Conductor, and it's likely that at least one of them (if not both) will have it in their setups.

TTVJ posted this bit a while ago on what they'll have at RMAF: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678026/rocky-mountain-audio-fest

Btw, those who are planning on attending should post in this thread rather than staying anonymous and just showing up. It'll give everyone an idea of how many Head-Fiers will be at the event, because right now there are only 12 Head-Fiers who've posted (either directly or indirectly) that they're going to be there. When this event is half-intended for Head-Fiers and if only 12 show up, that's just kinda sad....

• Audio Addict
  • audio duck
  • bearFNF
  • fradoca
  • Frank I
  • HiFiGuy528
  • kskwerl
  • lilkoolaidman
  • mikemercer
  • mnarwold
  • thecourier
  • warrenpchi

Obviously the event will also be attended by the thousands of general RMAF-goers, but I'm kinda disappointed in the low number of Head-Fiers attending....

This will be my fourth appearance at CanJam and RMAF.  I got to meet and talk to Jude last year.  I really want to check out the new Schiit gear that has came out in the past year.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #107 of 229

This will be my fourth appearance at CanJam and RMAF.  I got to meet and talk to Jude last year.  I really want to check out the new Schiit gear that has came out in the past year.

Right on Larry! Would be great to meet you.  I've also been going to RMAF for a few years now and it's my favorite audio convention.  I help Marjorie with her social media, and also help Jude whenever he needs something posted thru RMAF social channels for CanJam.

After going to everything from CES to the other shows since 1996, I can say that RMAF is, to me, the most laid back and social of all the high end audio shows - and CanJam has helped usher in that great feeling of community there!!

But I think its a good idea for a member sound-off here @ASR.
Because, based on years past, there's got to be more than the few listed goin!!!!

And right now, it looks like I'll be traveling w/ only my CEntrance HiFi-M8 (review HERE) for an hphone amp/DAC, iDevices,
LCD3's and Mad Dogs!  Much less than last year!  Thanks to the M8's outstanding clarity and power.

Ready to go!!

Sep 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #109 of 229
  Greetings from Dimitri-san here from MA
Looking forward  to meeting you'l l  at Canjam this year. Come and Check out our Booth
We will be giving away gifts and drink bear together. More to come..

Hey @DimitriTrush!!!

PLS drop me a PM w/ your email so I can put your announcement up on the RMAF social media chain!!
and will be great to meet you too!

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #110 of 229
Just wanted to correct myself on something about my previous post #91 that may have conveyed the wrong idea: in previous years there have been more Head-Fiers at RMAF than have posted in the announcement thread, and I'm sure that there'll be quite a bit more Head-Fiers than the 12 that I counted in this thread. I just meant to convey some personal disappointment in CanJam@RMAF not drawing the huge 200-300+ Head-Fier crowd that I feel it should - at least compared to the independent CanJams/National Meets that I attended 2006-2010, which drew those numbers easily and actually went well beyond.

In any case, I'm just glad to see that there are Head-Fiers coming out to the show and would like to encourage as many more as possible to attend (and to post that they're coming!). It's really a fantastic show especially combined with RMAF - everything headphone- and speaker-related is all in one place, and the benefit of getting to hear everything can easily outweigh the travel costs. Hearing something for yourself is way more invaluable than reading about it on Head-Fi and at RMAF, everything everyone is writing about is there!

I digress at this point and want to share a "flyer" for the event that I came up with to hang up on a local university's bulletin boards. If anyone has any feedback on it, let me know via PM (I'll respond as appropriate, don't worry about the line in my sig). I feel like there are too many words on it for a flyer and would be open to ideas for reducing the word count: canjam.pdf

Btw, one other note for those traveling in from out-of-state: anyone that might be planning on heading to Estes Park or the surrounding area, or Northern Colorado, should cancel those plans, as the recent flooding effectively cut off access due to severely damaged roads & bridges. Some areas are also still heavily flooded and may take a long time to clear. I got off lucky where I am, with only a flooded basement and leaky roof (which have both been largely rectified now). Denver and its suburbs weren't as badly affected, so RMAF should still be a go.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #111 of 229
  Just wanted to correct myself on something about my previous post #91 that may have conveyed the wrong idea: in previous years there have been more Head-Fiers at RMAF than have posted in the announcement thread, and I'm sure that there'll be quite a bit more Head-Fiers than the 12 that I counted in this thread. I just meant to convey some personal disappointment in CanJam@RMAF not drawing the huge 200-300+ Head-Fier crowd that I feel it should - at least compared to the independent CanJams/National Meets that I attended 2006-2010, which drew those numbers easily and actually went well beyond.

In any case, I'm just glad to see that there are Head-Fiers coming out to the show and would like to encourage as many more as possible to attend. It's really a fantastic show especially combined with RMAF - everything headphone- and speaker-related is all in one place, and the benefit of getting to hear everything can easily outweigh the travel costs. Hearing something for yourself is way more invaluable than reading about it on Head-Fi and at RMAF, everything everyone is writing about is there!

I digress at this point and want to share a "flyer" for the event that I came up with to hang up on a local university's bulletin boards. If anyone has any feedback on it, let me know via PM (I'll respond as appropriate, don't worry about the line in my sig). I feel like there are too many words on it for a flyer and would be open to ideas for reducing the word count: canjam.pdf

Btw, one other note for those traveling in from out-of-state: anyone that might be planning on heading to Estes Park or the surrounding area, or Northern Colorado, should cancel those plans, as the recent flooding effectively cut off access due to severely damaged roads & bridges. Some areas are also still heavily flooded and may take a long time to clear. I got off lucky where I am, with only a flooded basement and leaky roof (which have both been largely rectified now). Denver and its suburbs weren't as badly affected, so RMAF should still be a go.

I agree with the fact that travel expenses  to Canjam may not seem so bad since one will be able to try out the World's newest gear. 
PLus the expense for US residents  is way smaller then what it is for us for example. (I am coming all the from Japan).
Once a year, this a great chance for all headfiers (specially from US). 
Just wanted to share this story as well:
Very ironic indeed, last year's Canjam I did not meet so many head fiers but considering that 70% of our followers  are located in USA mainland.
even more ironic is that  several customers placed order  from Colorado Denver metro area shortly after the event was over, and those customers did not attend the event,
In conclusion,  by attending the event, I  guarantee, one can save some cash as most of vendors offer Special Discount deals during the showtime.
We at  Musica will be hosting a drawing and offer free gifts.
Hope to see you all at Canjam  
D.T

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #112 of 229

In any case, I'm just glad to see that there are Head-Fiers coming out to the show and would like to encourage as many more as possible to attend. It's really a fantastic show especially combined with RMAF - everything headphone- and speaker-related is all in one place, and the benefit of getting to hear everything can easily outweigh the travel costs. Hearing something for yourself is way more invaluable than reading about it on Head-Fi and at RMAF, everything everyone is writing about is there!

Glad to hear you're OK bro.
One of my closest friends lives in Boulder and another (who attends RMAF every year w/ me - he works for Beatport) lives in Denver.
I'm also glad they're OK!!

Those mudslides looked like absolute chaos!

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #113 of 229
Thanks for the heads up.  I hope they get everything back to working order quickly.  Some of the news coverage looked like the roads in the flood area really got torn up.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #114 of 229
I got my tickets and I'm ready to Rock 'n Roll. I'll be there Friday and Saturday (Sunday is my daughter's 3rd birthday party). I've convinced my dad to come as well. Really looking forward to meeting you guys.

Is the social event Saturday night for the entire RMAF or just for Head-Fi?

Matt

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #116 of 229
Spyder, it is very laid back.  And, imo, in comparison to the cramped confines of the speaker rooms of RMAF, the big CanJam room is a welcome relief.  Some people will bring their own phones to plug in to the various rigs that are on display.  Most others will just use the myriad headphones brought in by the vendors to try out.  In my experience, attendees and vendors alike are almost universally friendly and go out of their way to be welcoming.  Ask questions and share your own knowledge. You'll have a great time. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #117 of 229
I'll be there with my wife on Saturday, can't wait to try all the goodies

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #119 of 229
I have registered, booked a hotel and am looking forward to attending.  I have been lurking on the forums trying to figure out what I want to buy, and being able to try all this stuff out in person is priceless!. Can't wait to drive up there.  

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #120 of 229
Greeting from MA
Un update, We will be bringing new items to the show from HISOUND
1x HisoundAudio new Balanced armature in-ears BA 100 
1x HiSound Studio 3 ANV,
1x  N1 ( among the Smallest HiFi grade DAPs out there.)
1x Living  earbuds 

We will also host a Raffle during the Showtime. 

More details will be posted here in shortly

IMPORTANT:  for those who are not able to attend the CANJAM and interested in auditioning some of our gear, 
please drop me a PM and I will contact you with details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back