2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
Jul 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 229
Quote:
Mike, what are the odds of Nordost making a cable with silver/chrome sheathing and white housings/heat-shrink?

its well within their capabilities of course, and I just s/w Joe Reynolds at Nordost about Perfect Sound!!
They got some cool stuff comin' soon for headphone devotees!

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 229
I hope so.  I'm not sure everyone sees it on the horizon yet, but porta-fi is gonna be a pretty big deal soon enough.

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 229
Quote:
I hope so.  I'm not sure everyone sees it on the horizon yet, but porta-fi is gonna be a pretty big deal soon enough.

You need a better phrase than "porta-fi". That just makes me think about portapotties, not portable audio-fi.
tongue.gif

Btw, are you planning on coming out to CO for RMAF? Just wanted to ask since it didn't seem obvious.

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #19 of 229

You need a better phrase than "porta-fi". That just makes me think about portapotties, not portable audio-fi. :p

Well, there are times when gear can sound that way, so... :wink:

Btw, are you planning on coming out to CO for RMAF? Just wanted to ask since it didn't seem obvious.

Yup! Right now, there's nothing in my schedule that conflicts with it... so it's just a matter of scraping together the funds.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 229
So, being a CanJam virgin
blink.gif
, should we bring our own gear (mainly headphones or portable amps, wont be bringing the Taboo MKIII) or do you guys usually just listen to the vendors gear?

OH Snap, just found this also (they most know we are coming
beerchug.gif
):
Denver Beer Fest October 4 - October 12, 2013
Event Details

Great American Beer Festival

October 10 - October 12, 2013
Event Details

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #22 of 229
Just booked my flight and room.  yay!!!  Can't wait to lose my RMAF virginity.  :D

I will arrive on the 10th so please reach out if there is anything I can help with.  I think I'm gonna rent a car too.  Who's down for some rocky mountain oysters? :D

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 229
Quote:
Already testing out new portables to bring!!
Psyched - last year @Jude lemme play around w/ his Sony PHA-1 (damn, somehow that doesn't sound so good, LOL) and I'm bringin' mine this year!

Testing out the Alpha Design Labs X1 right now.
I'm impressed!

Psyched to see everyone and hear all the wonderful music!
and...

the audible toyz

The PS looks nice in white.  Much better than in black.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #24 of 229
Quote:
So, being a CanJam virgin
blink.gif
, should we bring our own gear (mainly headphones or portable amps, wont be bringing the Taboo MKIII) or do you guys usually just listen to the vendors gear?
OH Snap, just found this also (they most know we are coming
beerchug.gif
):
Denver Beer Fest October 4 - October 12, 2013
Event Details

Great American Beer Festival

October 10 - October 12, 2013
Event Details

CanJam@RMAF is strictly a vendor expo. There won't be any space provided for member gear. You might want to bring your own headphones anyway though, to hear how they sound on different setups. Definitely bring your own music, whether on CDs, USB device, etc.

As for GABF, if you intend on attending that, you'll have to be extremely prepared to buy tickets online for that next week. It sold out in just hours last year.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #25 of 229
OK, thanks for the info.  I kinda figured I would not be bringing and setting up my gear, mostly wanted to see if bringing a set or two of my phones would be a good idea.  Other than the normal travel rig that is.

Will have to go look into the GABF, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back