2013 Bay Area Headphone Meet & Headmasters (CAS4) Impressions Thread (8/9~8/11)
Aug 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #151 of 300
Quote:

First, I am not sure what is way too much of bass. Most people blames the original t5p for "no bass at all", and the moded 5p (DN5p) does address the issue. Still, most people agree that the mod t5p (dn5p) has less bass than lcd2 or 3, less bass than th900, d7000, probably at same level with 009s and more than the hd800s with original cable. The bass is quite deep, tight and punchy thanks to beyers superb magnet arrangment.

But... it is far from PURE BASS comparing to other rigs at same price/performance level.

Are you kidding with us here??? less bass than lcd2 or 3.  roflmao.  Those people probably have problem with their hearing.  I dare to say not a single person who listened to the modded t5p would agree with this statement, myself included.  While mid and high were still there and clear, bass was just overwhelming and so forward/in your face that it's all you will hear/feel.  Maybe a track with much spread out bass and light acoustic bass would give a different impression.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #152 of 300
Quote:
Then comparing bass of headphones and speakers is just pointless since your body feel the bass, but headphones cannot reproduce the effect, so something is always lacking

Yes, not on the body overall like from speakers and real subs but much more concentrated on your ear drums.  Different feel.  That's why we can HPs "ear speakers" for a reason.  
size]

Just to be clear that I liked the modded t5p and admired the bass level it achieved without affecting the clarity of mid/high but the sheer elevated volume/power of the bass did take over other characteristics of the HPs.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #153 of 300
I didn't mean to downplay you or insult you in anyway, so I: apologize if my previous comment was a little bit harsh. 

It's pretty obvious you have created something special, something that a lot of people enjoy listening to. 

I got the ZO2 as a fun little device to play with. It isn't suited for any reference level listening. With that said, I've noticed the channel imbalance a while back, so it did make listening a bit hard. 

The ZO2 has a couple of gain options, culminating with a option that more or less bypasses the internal amplifier and lets you control the volume with your source. Pretty interesting device though....

The red setting is pretty much unlistenable for most music. It's great for movies though...

With that said, the bass on the T5P, while overpowering, was definitely nicely controlled. I don't think I heard anything that surpassed the sheer level of bass that monster produces.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #154 of 300
Quote:

^^ Freakin' poster child for these. Sonic bliss is apparent.

^^^ STILL AWESOME! 
smile.gif

Quote:

^^ Horrible photo of some of the best guys around! Great time.

So many dignitaries at that table as well!  Alex Cavalli (Cavalli Audio), Alex Rosson (Audeze), Owen Kwon (Astell & Kern), Simon Ho (Woo Audio), and Jimmy Moon (Astell & Kern).  Good times, HUGE portions OMG!

Quote:
And um Warren...we really should have a discussion regarding speakers v. headphones. <choke, cough>
wink_face.gif

I say again, "yes." 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
but for the most part everyone I met was all-new - i.e., no one I've met before. Lots of really cool guys all around that know who they are (the names are sort of a blur now)!

Hahaha, for me, EVERYONE is new! 
wink.gif

Quote:
Warren, I finally finished composing that post about the Alpha Dogs. 
tongue.gif

You can read it here

I'll post the rest of the other photos once I'm done processing them (to make sure lighting is even in all of the shots).

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
[size=larger][size=larger]"Hey, this receiver sucks. 
Who stole my stack of Schiit? 
And... I specifically said 'LARGE' headphones!"[/size][/size]

GAH!  Put it away! 
wink.gif
  Just curious, how loud was the sound he/she made at that moment?

Quote:
The modded T5P had INSANE low end response!!!!

RIGHT?  Mike and I tried to tell you, but now you know that words fail for those cans. 
redface.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #155 of 300
Quote:
My favorite table of the day:

Can't agree more!!! It's really a fantastic amplifier called Dn1. It's builder said that Dn1 is able to easily blow all the best amps away and I'm  lucky enough to have a chance to listen to the amp for a while. It is said that a new amp second to Dn1 from the same builder is coming and the new amp is built to compete with ECBA even though it is a palm-sized one. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #156 of 300
Quote:
Can't agree more!!! It's really a fantastic amplifier called Dn1. It's builder said that Dn1 is able to easily blow all the best amps away and I'm  lucky enough to have a chance to listen to the amp for a while. It is said that a new amp second to Dn1 from the same builder is coming and the new amp is built to compete with ECBA even though it is a palm-sized one. I'm looking forward to it!!!

WOW!  Hi joyway, I can't google any about this "DN1". do you have more detail about this? or do you have more pics?

Thanks!

Pal

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #157 of 300
Dn1 is THE most incredible amp i've ever heard, and heard of.
AFAIK it charges for at least 4k on purchase, does break easily for whatever reason you can think of, and may ask another 3k if you dare request a repairing procedure.

Just fantastic huh?

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #158 of 300
Quote:

WOW!  Hi joyway, I can't google any about this "DN1". do you have more detail about this? or do you have more pics?

Thanks!

Pal

Hi palchiu, I don't know much about Dn1 either, but I can tell you that I was totally shocked by its beautiful sound. Its price is 4000usd ( Dn1 with pre amp output is 7000usd)  and you deserve it because it can easily drive your LCD2 to an unbelievable level. It is so sad that I can't afford it.
frown.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #159 of 300
Quote:
AFAIK it charges for at least 4k on purchase, does break easily for whatever reason you can think of, and may ask another 3k if you dare request a repairing procedure.

Just fantastic huh?

Hi dafangwoo, it must not be true. Dn1 is said to have very good quality.
wink_face.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #160 of 300
Just give me the DN5P already, Dnya.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #161 of 300
Quote:

Just fantastic huh?

another 3k for repairing? don't we have some sort of warranty?

this implies the quality of DN1 is poor, and the producer doesn't take responsibility of the product.

Do you have any proof for the price you stated? 

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #162 of 300
Quote:

Just fantastic huh?

lol How many years of warranty they provide? BTW, what's Dn1's brand name? and do they have website?
Quote:
Hi palchiu, I don't know much about Dn1 either, but I can tell you that I was totally shocked by its beautiful sound. Its price is 4000usd ( Dn1 with pre amp output is 7000usd)  and you deserve it because it can easily drive your LCD2 to an unbelievable level. It is so sad that I can't afford it.
frown.gif

I'm interested in this. Do you know will they provide demo? or moneyback?

Thank

Pal

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #163 of 300
Quote:
lol How many years of warranty they provide? BTW, what's Dn1's brand name? and do they have website?
I'm interested in this. Do you know will they provide demo? or moneyback?

Thank

Pal

Dude, it's the amp made by Dnya... You should know :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #164 of 300
Quote:
another 3k for repairing? don't we have some sort of warranty?

this implies the quality of DN1 is poor, and the producer doesn't take responsibility of the product.

Do you have any proof for the price you stated? 

Of course but i'm not yet the person who can make the call.

Greater troubles await.

Here is something official:

https://sites.google.com/a/cornell.edu/audio-dnya/

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #165 of 300
I sense a MOT...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back