Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever happens, the Mayan calendar is pretty damn cool:

mayan_calendar.gif

Windows 7 Calendar > Mayan Calendar
cool.gif

windows-7-build-7068-screenshot.png

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #17 of 158
those of you who are interested in stuff like this should listen to "Coast to Coast AM" on the radio. it's at night (10pm pacific) so idk how well some of you in diff time zones would handle it though.

They've talked about 2012 more times than I can remember.

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 158
How else does a measurement of time end? We are adding the doom and wild hypothesis. Guess humankind needs a good drama.

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a dream on 2012 on 10/16/95. I normally don't remember dates of dreams I had, but this 2012 dream left a huge impression on me.. And so far, everything is going as planned. I do believe that 2012 will be a new begaining, rathet then the, we all die theory.

In order for something to begin, doesn't something else have to end?

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #20 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one of the points that the doomsday people are making is that all the planets will be aligned on that day. i cant find the video, but a physicist pointed out that that is true...since it happens every year on that date.

Starts at around 00:55.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a dream on 2012 on 10/16/95. I normally don't remember dates of dreams I had, but this 2012 dream left a huge impression on me.. And so far, everything is going as planned. I do believe that 2012 will be a new begaining, rathet then the, we all die theory.

so you had a dream on 2012 and also some major catastrophic events between this period like the bursts of dot com bubble, 9/11 and DT48?!
eek.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about WWIII, but I agree that the economy should be bottoming out around then. We're only about 25% of the way into the real estate fiasco - nothing will get better until real estate prices stabilize.

ORLY? Why 2012 specifically regarding the recession?

[size=xx-small]The trickle-down theory doesn't work and was wrong to do (should have bailed out consumers and those losing jobs/houses/cars instead), and also if we are a capitalism why did we bail out businesses that failed because THEY PRACTICED BUSINESS BADLY. Notice how Chase got bailed out and is probably easily spending millions if not billions on advertising. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and their advertising volume is almost on par with Verizon now -- which is a lot if you weren't aware. Yay for using billions of dollars to bail out crappy companies, whom now are using that money to advertise how awesome they are. So much for capitalism and The Free Market.[/size]

[size=xx-small]Anyway that is too far into the Political spectrum of this forum probably... try not to run with it. Just wanted to mention that.[/size]

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 158
I'm with you KB Ice. But Some serious natural disasters are going to take place between now and then. A few already have. Mama earth is shaken some of the dust off. Shes going to change too. And if you guys haven't noticed. People are starting to wake up and get a clue. I hate to be one to bring up the secret but that's pretty popular. Yoga is getting popular. The west is finally starting to catch up with the east on an energetic level. Noticing finally that there is more to life than what you see with your physical eyes. I say right on.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Static| /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you KB Ice. But Some serious natural disasters are going to take place between now and then. A few already have. Mama earth is shaken some of the dust off. Shes going to change too. And if you guys haven't noticed. People are starting to wake up and get a clue. I hate to be one to bring up the secret but that's pretty popular. Yoga is getting popular. The west is finally starting to catch up with the east on an energetic level. Noticing finally that there is more to life than what you see with your physical eyes. I say right on.

Man, this post reads like a Ms. Cleo and self-help library all-in-one-hysteria-fest.

1. Natural disasters have patterns rooted in science and follow meteorological/geological trends and causes. Time is irrelevant, especially our concept of it. I dare you to find one correlation between our measurement of time and a natural disaster.

2. People are not waking up and getting a clue to anything. Most are going about and doing their thing without a second thought to anything related to this topic.

3. Yoga is exercise and relaxation and has physical and mental benefits. "The Secret" is a hoax and money-making scheme designed to separate money from gullible and desperate people.

4. Your post makes no sense...

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #25 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, this post reads like a Ms. Cleo and self-help library all-in-one-hysteria-fest.

1. Natural disasters have patterns rooted in science and follow meteorological/geological trends and causes. Time is irrelevant, especially our concept of it. I dare you to find one correlation between our measurement of time and a natural disaster.

2. People are not waking up and getting a clue to anything. Most are going about and doing their thing without a second thought to anything related to this topic.

3. Yoga is exercise and relaxation and has physical and mental benefits. "The Secret" is a hoax and money-making scheme designed to separate money from gullible and desperate people.

4. Your post makes no sense...

popcorn.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you had a dream on 2012 and also some major catastrophic events between this period like the bursts of dot com bubble, 9/11 and DT48?!
eek.gif

The catastrophic events haven't occured yet. I won't go into detail since I will just be mocked and ridiculed. The earth won't end in 2012 though. Just expect things to get worse next yr..Can't talk political, but things are going down hill fast and will continue to do so and decline.

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #30 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ORLY? Why 2012 specifically regarding the recession?

That's around when the Alt-A and Option-ARM mortgages are going to reset and drag down real estate further. So far, we've only gone through subprime. Subprime was only about a quarter of the market. Commercial is starting to reset right now. Losses from these will take down prime, as well.

It ain't going to be pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back