2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies - Your Opinions
Jul 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 54
Quote:
As someone from China....other than the Welcome to Beijing song.. That I really liked. I have no idea who made the rest of the pretty lame soundtrack....seriously.......

But hey...the Welcome to Beijing song was so good...that I can overlook it 
wink_face.gif

The music director was Chen Qi-gang, a highly respected (if uneven) composer of modern classical music.  He said in an interview that doing the Beijing Game had been an extremely exhausting task.  I admire his efforts but the result sounded slapdash.

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 54
Blake will beat him this year though :)

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 54
Quote:
The total metal is..but we have more gold!! :)

Quote:
True. Currently it's China 9, US 5. Just checked the count. I have to tune in to some events. I haven't really watched much of it so far.

To be truly fair, you need to divide the medals by population so that you get medal count per capita
wink.gif

We're currently not on the medal table yet (NZ) - but early days yet.  Expecting reasonable results in the rowing once we get to the finals later in the week (fingers crossed).

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #25 of 54
Quote:

To be truly fair, you need to divide the medals by population so that you get medal count per capita
wink.gif

We're currently not on the medal table yet (NZ) - but early days yet.  Expecting reasonable results in the rowing once we get to the finals later in the week (fingers crossed).

Medals per capita?........ excuses excuses! 

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 54
Unless you win a medal yourself, you really don't have bragging rights. Just existing in a country where someone else wins a medal doesn't do anything for you. Your name is not recorded as having won anything right?
smile.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:
Unless you win a medal yourself, you really don't have bragging rights. Just existing in a country where someone else wins a medal doesn't do anything for you. Your name is not recorded as having won anything right?
smile.gif

IT's the same thing as saying "my" when referring to sports teams you like. Cheering for that sports team and celebrating when they win and everything. It's called patriotism and nationalism.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #28 of 54
Jul 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Well I did say it would be the only FAIR way to do it ........

Reminds me of the U.S....back when people wanted to decide who gets more votes or say in Congress, states that are larger by size or the more populous ones...we can argue both sides as seen fit for what we want in the end. I want China to win with most gold and most medals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back