2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jul 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #196 of 483
Well, as usual for So Cal, still no T1.  Where is the love.  I still haven't been able to hear that darn phone and it has been out for what seems forever. It was supposed to come to several meets but never made it.   Also looks like we don't have a Fostex TH900 yet........:blink:   Okay someone, pony up and buy one to bring to the meet!:wink_face:

Well, Jude is comin and he brought his personal pair of TH900 to the L.A Village meet...so I don't think he'd be opposed to bringing them again. I honestly thought the TH900 were...alright, but that's subjective. As far as the T1 goes, I think there are a fair number of soCal folks who are acquainted with the sound, so even if we can't get one in for this particular meet, we can at least discuss it comparatively :). I find it a bit peaky up high, honestly. A little guilty of pushing "perceived detail", if you know what I mean.

Kojaku

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #197 of 483
Lists updated.  Currently at 74 attendees, with 5 of those being unconfirmed.

Quote:
Well, as usual for So Cal, still no T1.  Where is the love.  I still haven't been able to hear that darn phone and it has been out for what seems forever. It was supposed to come to several meets but never made it.   Also looks like we don't have a Fostex TH900 yet........
blink.gif
  Okay someone, pony up and buy one to bring to the meet!
wink_face.gif

I've only seen the T1 at one meet I've ever been to and I forgot to listen to it. :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #199 of 483
We need at least 4-6 pairs to make sure all of the different types of chocolates can be sampled.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #203 of 483
Looks like I'll have an Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC as well...it's not my fault! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone care to share a table and gearwatching duties so I can see the rest of the gear on display?

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #208 of 483
Confirming for one table.
Still planning to bring the Pioneer SX 1250 instead of the Sansui AU 717, unless someone asks otherwise. I will also bring a couple of speaker taps terminated in both mini and full size 4 pin xlrs for those who want to "test" their drivers with the SX 1250.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back