2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jun 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #166 of 483
We gonna be seeing any industry raffles like we did at the Village meet :)?

Kojaku

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #167 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are bringing several headphones, it's probably a good idea to store your stuff in a bag and try out various rigs (get permission from owners first before you plug in). When I first met rhythmdevils, he came up to my table and dumped all of his headphones from his bag on to my table. I don't know why he approached me out of everyone else, but we've become good friends since then and have become an incessant pair of troublemakers here on HF. I'm sure it was fate or some karmic connection. Of course I am not suggesting that you take the same approach as RD.

Hmm, okay I gotcha.  I'll just see how things shape up leading up to the meet.  If there's any interest here in this thread for the aformentioned cans, I'll shove 'em in a bag and bring 'em thus.  If not, then I can leave them at home and travel a little lighter.  Of course, feel free to add any of the above items to the gear list if you want - and I'll take it as notification that I should bring them.  I think RhythmDevils got more swagger than me so I definitely won't be going that route.  Plus, he's got the kind of gear to pull off that maneuver.

Quote:

Those experienced with meets will often bring a buddy if they have a dedicated table to look after their stuff. Plaza B,C,D will be dedicated to vendors and attendees who bring in heavy stuff (DACs, amps, nuclear reactors, etc.) Plaza A will also have a few dedicated vendor and attendee tables. A good portion of Plaza A (~50%) will be dedicated place to hang out, talk, recharge batteries, etc. for those who don't bring in heavy stuff.

Wow, I'd feel terribly bad bringing a friend in tow, only to chain him to a table while I go and have fun.  Okay, this'll be simple then.  No table for me, just don't need one.  I'll just walk around and make intermittent pit stops in the hang out area.

Quote:

It's not uncommon for people to attend meets with just a pair of headphones around their necks. I may actually wear my Beats like that at the meet.

Can't vouch for how it sounds to you, but they'll look sick to other people. 
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #168 of 483
I originally posted interest in attending, but for multiple reasons I won't be able to make it. Have fun guys/gals and enjoy what looks to be a great meet.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #173 of 483
Quote:
I originally posted interest in attending, but for multiple reasons I won't be able to make it. Have fun guys/gals and enjoy what looks to be a great meet.

frown.gif
 We'll catch you at the NorCal meet next year.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #175 of 483
Quote:
Hi Marv, thanks so much for leading the charge on this one.  I'm gonna press the suits in NY to budget me for attendance.

Fingers crossed.

Tyll, any word from the NY suits?  It'd be nice for those of us who haven't met you before.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #176 of 483
Set-up at 8:30 and <break down at 5pm> is GREAT news! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Having to break down at 4pm for the Bay Area Meets has been less than ideal...

Hope that Blubliss makes it!

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #177 of 483
Please add one to the NoCal contingent.  Looking forward to attending my first SoCal meet.

I shouldn't need much space at all, as I'm only bringing a transportable rig consisting of the following:
Squeezebox Touch (USB) --> iBasso D6 (analog RCA) --> Trends Audio TA-10.2 SE (speaker taps) --> HiFiMAN HE-6.

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #178 of 483
I may have so much crap (good audio gear) by then I may need two tables. Only if you have an extra, though, I don't want to go stealing a table from someone!:D

Also, change of plans. Here is the stuff I will actually be bringing:

Headphones-the most important part:

Sennheiser HD650s
Yamaha HP2s
Woodied Grado SR60i w/ Barney cups in tow
Sennheiser HD280s

Turntables:

Sony 2251 w/ Infinity Black Widow tonearm, Shure V15V MR cartridge, and JICO SAS stylus (you're welcome to use it, but just keep in mind that tonearm/stylus combination are EXTREMELY fragile)

Ariston RD11s w/ Rega R200 tonearm (assuming Mr. Repair man is able to fix the ticking problem)

Technics SL-10

Dual 1219 if working, most likely will be.

Philips 212, I'm trying to fix the tonearm wires.

Phono Stage:

Jolida JD9 w/ Obbligato capacitors, OPAMP upgrades, and tube upgrades

Phono stage in my Marantz 2275

PLEASE!!! If you have a spare phono stage, let me borrow it for a day! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Amplifiers:

Bottlehead Crack

Marantz 2275

Fiio E9
CD Player:

I'll have my POS JVC Wondercrap DVD Player with me. Feel free to plug in your own source.

DAC: Intermittent Fiio E7

Also, feel free to plug in your own headphones. Just make sure they're high-impedance if you want to use the Bottlehead Crack!:p:cool:

Thanks again!

Ben

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #179 of 483
Quote:
I may need two tables.
<IMPOSSIBLY LONG LIST OF GEAR>

Dammit, my ears just spoodged.  Maybe it's just because I'm a meet virgin, but I am starting to get really amped up about this!

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #180 of 483
Thanks for the compliment :cool::cool::cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back