2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jun 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #137 of 483
Yay, sale didn't go thought, I'll have the SL-10. I'll likely have a Technics SL-1300mk2" openly fixed by then, and if it freezes in hell, an Ariston RD11s.

Ben aka MacKat

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #138 of 483
Oh, and I won't be bringing the Dual, it has developed some problems.

Ben aka MacKat

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #139 of 483
Nice additions :)  Lists are updated.

Not sure if you added the pair of HD650 I'll also be bringing now (since I mentioned the piggyback thread). Got them in a trade. Still great mid-tier phones but they seem a bit harder to drive than the HD800 for some reason, and certainly need a good amp to bring out their best. But I don't use them solo. :)

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #143 of 483
But of course (cue Dodgers/Giants fans)!

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #144 of 483
LOL.

@luvandp3ave: similar crowds with some cross-pollination. CEE TEE, who organized the Bay Area meets is a friend of mine in real life. A few of us SoCal guys went up north in February and we will also be expecting a few guys from NorCal to come down.

I've taken CEE TEE's ideas of what works and will do something very similar to the Bay Area setup.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #145 of 483
Purrin, have you invited Denon to show off their new headphone lineup? I think I remember August as being close to the release date.

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #146 of 483
I will if someone can give me the name and number of a regional Denon rep who would actually be interested.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #147 of 483
Quote:
LOL.

@luvandp3ave: similar crowds with some cross-pollination. CEE TEE, who organized the Bay Area meets is a friend of mine in real life. A few of us SoCal guys went up north in February and we will also be expecting a few guys from NorCal to come down.

I've taken CEE TEE's ideas of what works and will do something very similar to the Bay Area setup.

This sounds like it will be a REAL/BIG meet (with a nice blend of private/member feel mixed in with some great vendors).

I'll be bringing my stuff down to share and also look forward to enjoying the event with people that are becoming even better friends...maybe I'll get some listening in too!

Certainly, I'm sharing my organizing experience a bit, but am excited to see/hear what SoCal and Marv are gonna do.

(Haven't chomped Head-Fi popcorn in a long time...)  Oh- "sorry about n3rdling and purrin messing with your wallet."

popcorn.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #150 of 483
I was wondering whether there would be somebody at the meet to take impressions for custom IEM's. I remember at the 2009 LA Meet there was someody doing them for a good price.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back