Apr 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #77 of 483
I will attend. 
Bringing: Cyrus CD8SE and SPL Phonitor, both modded
Headphones:  HE-5 (if mods are done), D7000, HD800
Portable: Practical Devices XM6, ALO Continental V2 and Sony MDR-Z1000
So... 1/2 table?
Thanks.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #79 of 483
I plan to be there!  Since the stuff I have will already be represented, I just plan to listen and socialize (...and envy, and drool, etc.).
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #80 of 483
For some of the newer folks coming to try some high end stuff, do make the effort to get to know some well mastered and reference material.  Make CD's and/or bring a digital transport device.  I like AC/DC and lots of popular material too but don't blame the gear and phones when you get to hear what it actually sounds like.  
wink.gif

We will have more quiet listening rooms so some more closed type phones won't have any inherent advantages like in some noisier environments.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #82 of 483
To add to the above, we will be assigning people/gear to rooms soon. Will provide diagrams with table locations.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #83 of 483
Small change:

I will most likely NOT be bring the Philips 212 as I fudged up the recable. On the other, better hand, I am getting a very nice modified Bottlehead Crack tomorrow or Tuesday (cross feed switch, Neutrik locking headphone jack), no speedball (YET:)), so I will definitely be bringing that, and I am borrowing a Channel Islands Audio VPP-1 phono stage with extant VAC-1 power supply. With his permission, or if I have bought it by then, I will bring that. Oh, I might bring a Project/One DR-220 turntable, a very nice CEC made table.

Thanks!:xf_eek:

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #84 of 483
Planning on attending. I do have a Sigma/404, a normal bias Sigma and my 007 Mk1.
My Exstata is having "technical difficulties" and have not had the inclination to work on it while I work on my KGSSHV,  but not sure yet if the KGSSHV will be ready by then.

May 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #86 of 483
Sorry for the late decision. I will be bringing my gear and just need a half table for HRT MusicStreamer II+, Schiit Lyr, AKG K701, Beyer DT990/600 (if I haven't sold it). I'll have my laptop with a small flac collection as the source. It does have an optical drive for CDs though. I'll also have my portable set up; an iPod Touch 4th gen, iBasso D-Zero, and Senn HD251-II.

May 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #89 of 483
Quote:
Looks like I'll be able to make it. Don't know exactly what I'll bring yet, but should have both an electrostatic and a dynamic rig. 

SWEET.  Will be plugging into the dynamic amp!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back